Can your Garmin transubstantiate?

Options
I bought a Fenix 6X most of 3 years ago, something happened today, and now I have a Tactix. At least according to the watch face. The phone considers the watch no longer paired and I'm not able to pair them again.

I have never had a problem of any kind with this watch. Will probably have to factory reset it.

This started when I was playing with 7 tricky kittens. 😶

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Well. I did a factory reset. It still knows it's paired to a Di2 and a power meter, and even the Fenix watch face comes up it still has my step count from earlier today. 🤯
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I had pairing issues with a Vivoactive 4 I bought second-hand, while I was waiting for my 4S to be repaired.
    I managed to get them paired by either turning Bluetooth off and on on my watch or, when that didn't work, by removing my watch as a paired device from my android device connection settings.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well. I did a factory reset. It still knows it's paired to a Di2 and a power meter, and even the Fenix watch face comes up it still has my step count from earlier today. 🤯

Glad for that.

I always hated when the FR310XT would get a glitch and thought a new metabolic profile had been installed and freeze up, and a reset was only way to get out of it.
    Loose all the custom screens for all the activity types - super annoying even though I learned to note all the preferences.

Does the Fenix allow those activity screens to be customized for data fields, and can it be done on website for upload or still must be done on device?
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    I think it still has to be done on the device, but at this point the watch can't be used for anything, even knowing what time it is. You can boot to a diagnostic screen, which says there isn't a SKU available. I think that's why the phone decided they're not paired anymore, the watch thinks it isn't a Fenix and is defaulting somehow to being a Tactix. Every time I attempt to pair it to my phone the watch freezes.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    Be really careful with those kittens. Keep an eye on them. They get calmer and more stealthy as they grow up, but their powers only increase.

But you know that, you're a cat guy. 😉

We gotta warn the others. Little suckers look so innocent! 🐈
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    Well, my warranty expired almost two years ago, but Garmin is going to replace the watch at no charge anyway. ❤️
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    Well, my warranty expired almost two years ago, but Garmin is going to replace the watch at no charge anyway. ❤️

Harbin is awesome. I wrecked once and shattered the face of mine and they replaced it. I was pleasantly surprised by their service. It was with in warranty, but the damage was definitely my fault. We’ll really it was a dog’s fault, but you know how that goes.