Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 256 Member
    Yukie_OP Saturday Weigh-in
    PW:134
    CW: 135

Haven't been very active this past week, lots of work/extra hours & variance in schedule 😕. Hoping I'm able to better manage the changes in the weeks to come.

Steps update (goal 6,800):
    @jessicakrall8 -sorry I'm so behind:
    2/27 - 8290
    2/28 - 5849
    3/1 - 5426
    3/2 - 7015
    3/3 - 7489
    3/4 - 9661
    3/5 - 7530
    3/6 - 5692
    3/7 - 5692
    3/8 - 5154
    3/9 - 5321
    3/10 - 7091
    3/11 - 4908
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Now… I just want to be strapped onto this wagon!!!!
    Oh my goodness this is so true! Sometimes when I pray, I remember the scripture where God says He wants to hold us with His bands of love - and I always am like "add more bands, strap me so tight that I can't move because if I can move I always do something stupid!"

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The March Week 3 Group Challenge is now posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, March 12th. Please join us to Work It Out this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858795/march-week-3-group-challenge-spell-your-name-work-it-out#latest

Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    REMINDER...

Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @seeless25
    @PamStellick
    @kerdil08
    @mojo48212

Stats will begin very early tomorrow morning, so please reply today if possible. Thanks!
  • mojo48212
    mojo48212 Posts: 9 Member
    Mojo48212
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 200.6
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    CW (from monday): 176.6
  • jessicakrall8
    kerdil08 wrote: »
    CW (from monday): 176.6

Gotcha @kerdil08 ...did I miss it?! Sorry...thanks for reporting in!
    Jessica
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    Sorry I'm so late posting this week
    Sunday weigh day (Mar 6th):
    PW 135lbs
    CW 136.2 lbs

I need to do something different from what I'm doing now to keep going in the right direction....not sue what yet - I'll keep you posted
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    3/11: 12,155
    3/12: 11,083
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @jessicakrall8 oh I feel this rant!! The weather turned here too and I’m so over it.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    Fri 3/11: 14,580
    Sat 3/12: 13,277
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    March 11 6994
    March 12 9020
    Shelley
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    My steps a bit higher due to last week's challenge.It was fun,well done all the walkers,you did great.🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶
    3/9 14,350
    3/10 16,885
    3/11 8,078
    3/12 12,838
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    7nK2.gif

We've completed another week, folks! There were some impressive losses this past week, and incredible consistency across the board!

Take a look at last week's results in the links below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

0mcsa6vtnii6.png
  • AveLyra
    AveLyra Posts: 15 Member
    AveLyra
    Sunday weigh-in
    last weight 226
    this week 225.6

not a big loss but still a loss. ive stopped entering my food into the diary bc it gives me anxiety about foods and is not good for my mental health, so instead i decided to just make mroe conscious choices about what to eat and how much by thinking about my options before just picking one based on how yummy i think itll be. im still losing, maybe slower, but still losing and gaining health :)
  • jessicakrall8
    AveLyra wrote: »
    AveLyra
    Sunday weigh-in
    last weight 226
    this week 225.6

not a big loss but still a loss. ive stopped entering my food into the diary bc it gives me anxiety about foods and is not good for my mental health, so instead i decided to just make mroe conscious choices about what to eat and how much by thinking about my options before just picking one based on how yummy i think itll be. im still losing, maybe slower, but still losing and gaining health :)

@AveLyra You're listed as weighing in on Mondays. Should I move you to Sundays? Please advise. Nice loss this week, but I just wanted to let you know...

Jessica
  • seeless25
    seeless25 Posts: 40 Member
    Seeless25
    Sunday
    PW: 209.2 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 211.2 lbs (current weight)
    LTD 12.8 lbs (optional loss to date)

I spiraled out big time. No logging in. No checking in last week. No exercising. My oldest, 2nd year in College wants to move 2,000 miles away to finish her education. On the outside, I applauded her independence and strong will but on the inside I crashed and burned big time. This old rock cracked a million times over.
  • PamStellick
    PamStellick Posts: 33 Member
    Sunday weigh in:
    PW 136lbs
    CW 135.8lbs
    I thought my wieght would be higher! So I'm good with this 😊
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2022
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I have been so busy since Thursday and I have hardly had any time for myself. It is Monday morning now and I finally have some time to write about the past few days. I will be able to just post daily again and be more active. I hope everyone is doing well and apologies in advance for the wall of text.
    Happy Monday <3

~ Friday / 11 March ~
    Steps: 7570
    Normally when my mom comes over we like to go for walks. Sadly, she broke her foot and is in a cast for another 3 weeks. We planned this visit almost 2 months ago. I arranged to loan my dads car, we wanted to shop, walk and we rented a birdwatching hut on my birthday. Thankfully, the birdwatching hut was still a go, because all you do is sit there anyway. I was super excited for it and I wasn't sure what to expect and if we would see anything new or special. We got up at 5:30, and started driving at 6 so we would be there when it was getting light. The hut was a shipping container that was mostly dug in and camouflaged. On the side there were 4 openings you could put your camera through to take pictures and next to it a glass window you could look through. Because it was really dark in the container, birds on the outside didn't really see much movement. They set up logs covered with moss with hidden food bowls, a pond, old tree trunks and branches. They also had 2 spots where you could hang up dead prey in order to attract the buzzards. They left 4 dead chicks in the hut that you could use. I wasn't really a fan of this and at first, we didn't want to use them. We eventually changed our minds (they were already dead anyway) and we fed them all the chicks. Though to be fair, the birds know they can often find easy food at the hut, so they already showed up even before we had put anything out!
    The set up was really nice and made taking pretty pictures fairly easy. The birds were really active and sometimes you had to be super fast to snap your picture in time. The buzzards were cool because it's impossible to see them so close in nature normally. We also saw a bird that I hadn't seen before in my life which was the bullfinch. Naturally I took a lot of pictures. I will share some under the spoiler as always. We stayed for around 4,5 hours. It was pretty cold in the hut so eventually my mom wanted to head home. We plan to go back here in a different season because we both really enjoyed it. When we got home, I got to open my presents. I got a book and 2 new puzzles. We started one of the puzzles that day and after dinner we played the usual; Rummikub.
    kyYTCD2.jpg
    qGhYP6t.jpg
    0Koirau.jpg
    mFjXjp7.jpg
    vaOiRrZ.jpg
    WKoxdpF.jpg
    X6PxZh4.jpg
    byTXZpo.jpg
    REPaJCB.jpg

~ Saturday / 12 March ~
    Steps: 7220
    Saturday was a really lazy day with lots of puzzling. We finished it and dug up the edge pieces of the second puzzle. My mom had to take it easy because her foot was a bit swollen and achey. I normally manage to hit my step goal fairly easily, but Friday was really hard because we sat most of the time. Saturday was hard because we puzzled the whole day. I decided to just let it go for those two days. We went out for dinner in the evening which was pretty nice. Picture of the finished puzzle under the spoiler. I really love Eurographic smartcut puzzles. The pieces are so weird that it makes it a lot more interesting & harder to complete.
    enMR3WR.jpg

~ Sunday / 13 March ~
    Steps: 12.191
    Sunday it was time to return the car to my dad. I woke up with a pretty bad headache which didn't really let up. I was sadly out of pills. I bought new ones before my mom came, but I took them all while she was here. It is an hour drive to my dad. Thankfully the drive went okay, even with my head. Then my dad drove us back to my place and that is when the hell started and my headache turned into a migraine. I almost never get them and I am not sure why it happened this time. My mom also gets them and she had pills with her. We didn't have any water though so I had to chew it. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever had in my mouth in my life; I don't even have the words to describe it. Even eating peppermints after didn't help since I couldn't taste anything but the pill. It was also really slow to kick in (I couldn't take one sooner because you aren't allowed to drive after taking it) and I was miserable and close to throwing up for several of hours. When we finally made it to my house again I couldn't go to bed yet. My mom still had to be picked up by her partner and I had bought some cake and pastries for us all for my birthday (of course I couldn't eat any). So I had to sit through the migraine for another 1,5 hours. As soon as they left I went to bed. When I got up again, I was feeling a lot better, especially after having some food. I was low on steps but I really wanted to hit my goal again after two days of sitting too much so I managed to get it done when I was outside with my cat. Not a great ending to a fun time with my mom. She normally stays for 2 nights, this time 3. I think maybe that contributed to the migraine; it is perhaps a bit too long for me to handle. Anyway, I am happy to get back into my routine. I haven't been able to check many boxes in the habit tracker the past few days, so let's get that sorted again.
This discussion has been closed.