Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Womona

Well, I really wish that we had the "woo" button back, even though I mis-used it thinking that it meant woo-hoo!
    I would have given you one of those instead of just the "like" button.
    Your words rang so true about our fearless leader @MissMay and I heartily agree.

Nope, not bad for drinking wine while posting : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Sunday March 13 - AF - No plans for drinks this week until the weekend.
    Monday March 14 - AF - Drizzly and yucky here, walks will have to be on pavement to avoid ice and mud.
    Tuesday March 15 - AF - The ides of March. I was low energy all day. The masks came off here on Friday, now my mouth area is chapped and stuff. Glad to have the mask off, except I feel like putting it on to cover what has happened to my lips since taking it off. Working a split Wednesday, I might have a couple of drinks afterward, we'll see.
    Wednesday March 16 - 2 drinks. Long, but good work day. Almost went for a 3rd drink, but 2 seems to put me in that sweet spot these days, good flavour, a little tiny buzz. Very easy day tomorrow, short shift, a little grocery shopping, and if the weather agrees, a little trail walk.

Rolling total: 11 AF days out of 16 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Well I was out most of the day visiting our granddaughter and then book club in the evening. I remained AF but DH took the opportunity to down I'm not sure how many bourbon and cokes in the evening. 3 after I got home ... and probably as many while I was at book club. I'm hoping that with the hangover when he awakes he'll decide that he wants to return to his kick of no alcohol for lent. Knew it was going to be a real challenge for him so we will see. We have all the kids visiting and a few parties this weekend which could derail things permanently. Only time will tell. I'm hoping for an AF Thursday evening to hit my 12 for the month!

March accountability: 11 days AF
    Alcohol: 5 days (10 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
    DH gave up alcohol for Lent and asked I support him. 6 weeks! He is skeptical that he can do it but I'm all in with him ... and said I would make the same commitment.

3/1 - 3 wine Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday
    3/2 - AF Beginning of Lent
    3/3 - AF
    3/4 - AF
    3/5 - 1 wine w/ dinner before baseball game
    3/6 - AF
    3/7 - AF
    3/8 - AF
    3/9 - AF
    3/10 - AF
    3/11 - AF
    3/12 - 2 wine (DH only bought 1 bottle!)
    3/13 - AF
    3/14 - 2 wine (DH only bought 1 bottle!)
    3/15 - 2 wine @ my sisters w/ cousins visiting
    3/16 - AF 📚
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    Catching up......

Had my head stuck in paper work getting tax stuff ready to send out to my accountant for the past week. On top of the 31 day art challenge, on top of my 90 day fitness obligation, on top of eating well and drinking LESS.

My husband had an idea for a not to far overnight get a way. Which sounded nice right about now. He's paying 60 more dollars at a hotel to have the convenience to be able to walk to all the bars. He has hopes to do a pub crawl for St. Pattys. I told him no need to pay extra, because I am the car driver and I won't be doing any crawling anywhere.

So that now puts me in his category as old, no fun, stick in the mud, etc. I went to school for early childhood developement, and his reaction to me being responsible (while he lays on the floor kicking his feet) reminds me of teaching preschool back in the learly 80's.

This too will pass. Will update after we return Thursday night. Luck of the Irish is on my side☘

AF

What a horrif response from someone who is supposed to be your partner.

I would absolutely lose it.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    As predicted ... DH & I are AF this evening.

March accountability: 12 days AF
    Alcohol: 5 days (10 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @lmlmrn

Oh how terrible about the shooting and your hubby's truck being broken into!! Awful : - (
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2022
    @Lilylady3k
    Good for you for hanging tough when your DH caved. He asked for your support in this and you have given it in spades. I am sure that will filter through to him, that this was his idea, you agreed, and are keeping up your end of it.

You have your monthly AF goal already this month, good going! How do you feel?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2022
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Wednesday March 16 - 2 drinks. Long, but good work day. Almost went for a 3rd drink, but 2 seems to put me in that sweet spot these days, good flavour, a little tiny buzz. Very easy day tomorrow, short shift, a little grocery shopping, and if the weather agrees, a little trail walk.
    Thursday March 17 - AF - Glad to have had the reminder on these forums of St. Patrick's Day today. I wore a green shirt under my red Kurdis (uniform sort of at the Indian restaurant) green socks (not that anybody could see them, but it was fun for me). I had a green hair tie, a green nose stud, my long shamrock earrings that I only get to wear once per year, and...green eye-shadow lol. I amused myself at least : - ) It was sooooo windy when I got off of work that I didn't go walking outside at all. I have a few things at my house outside that I want to do, but not possible with such strong winds. All good though, I had a really nice tub watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt, Crystal Beach in Texas. I plan to have drinks over the weekend.

Rolling total: 12 AF days out of 17 days
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF
    March 8 - AF
    March 9 - wine 3 glasses
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - wine 2 glasses
    March 12 - wine 3 glasses
    March 13 - wine 1 glass
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF
    March 16 - AF (discovered a hemp oil infused fizzy beverage- great for AF night)
    March 17 - wine 3 glasses

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    @lmlmrn How unsettling! And I'm sure a big hassle for DH also to repair, deal with insurance, etc. And a shooting. Such a tragedy. Hope you have a better day today. :flowerforyou:

@lilylady Ditto to everything Dawn said. You have kept your end and even though he has made exceptions, his goal has still helped you meet your goal. Speaking personally, when I have a stretch goal, I often learn more from where I fall short than where I succeed. Maybe your DH will absorb a little more what it means to have and to be a supportive partner. He sounds like a really supportive partner overall, I just meant specifically with respect to food & bev. We all have room for improvement. :D

Here we are upon another Friday. Last night had Irish dinner at my parents. They all had stout beer and I refrained. Honestly, if they had been pouring wine I probably would have had a glass but they seemed really happy with beer (which I like don't love). It's a good thing because I was over calories with the apple cake dessert and the scale bumped up this morning. I'm going to chalk that up to salty corned beef and not worry about it. Not sure what we're doing this weekend. DD#3 home for tail end spring break. If she's up for it, we would like to venture out to our neglected lake cabana and get the boat summer-ized. Cook something on the grill. Spend time outside.

Weekdays are going ok with abstinence but weekends less so with moderation.
    Weekdays: 2 nights planned events out with friends and enjoyed 1 glass. 10 days AF.
    Weekends: 4 nights moderate + 2 nights (one each weekend) I had more than planned.

I am trying to understand better the reward circuitry between my ears that leads to 6 nights on track enjoyably with no white knuckles but 2 nights off track. In the two off track cases, I'm not sure that I anticipated it so I wasn't prepared to redirect myself. That is the point specifically - checking in with myself before the evening starts - I will try to work on this weekend. Big picture I'm in a better place than when I was drinking daily, but I'm still in a place where less would be better. Changing habits takes patience and persistence.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    I forgot it was St. Patrick's day but had 2 Big Wave Golden Ale beers, 132 calories each. Tasty but not worth waking up puffy. I really don't do well with beer. Maybe it's the yeast.

If the weather is good Saturday, plans are to drive up north and get a good long hike in. Planned AF today.

@lmlmrn you did have a crazy wild day but you're safe so that's good. I think you asked about frozen veggies - I have never been successful baking those. They seem soggy and over-cooked to begin with. Frozen brussell sprouts I cut in half then braise in a wok type pan, high heat, pinch of salt and olive oil. Frozen broccoli I just put in a bowl and microwave 4-5 min. then add grated cheese. Everything else I buy fresh and either make a salad of it or just hand it over to my husband to grill.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    Thanks to all of you on the tips on the frozen veggies. The cost for fresh is getting crazy here but trying to make frozen work is really going to be a challenge.

And yes Wednesday was a crazy day. So now we just wait on the window to be replaced.

I was watching tik tok and this video of a man about to make a 'drink' or rather a mocktail with this machine called a bartesian....anyone else hear of this? I googled it. Pretty pricey drink making machine. It has cartridges you can buy then load with your favorite alcohol. But what caught my eye was it had a feature to mix MOCKTAILS. Now I don't know if that means you should put your non alcohol spirits in there and use their pre mixed pods or does it just use the pod and water?

Anyway AF tonight, DH and I don't have much in the way of plans this weekend. I am meeting up with some old gym buddies for a wonderful hour or three girl talk.
    Planned drinks on Saturday
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Lilylady3k
    Did anybody stay AF for solidarity with the pregnant one at the party?
  • dawnbgethealthy

Friday March 18 - Drinks including a Spanish Cava.

Rolling total: 12 AF days out of 18 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    @lmlmrn what an aweful day for you both. Is this the first time you both have experienced this sort of behavior around you? Too close for comfort is what I say. Stay safe.