70lbs heavier!!

Came from the dr. and I weigh 319 , which is embarrassing because 7 years ago I had lost 70lbs. I also have been off from work because I have had a partial hysterectomy which slowed down my normal activity that get at work. I also have osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia which is quite painful at times and I have to take pain meds. Hoping to get healthier to not just lose weight but eliminate some of my meds🤷🏿‍♀️.

Replies

• MrsAER
    MrsAER Posts: 25 Member
    What a great goal. Please don't be embarrassed, i find embarrassment and shame don't help me change, but achievable goals and positivity do. Treat this as your line in the sand, and welcome back 😊
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Agree - no reason to be embarrassed. We are all here because we struggle with our weight. Small sustainable changes are key, rooting for you!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited March 2022
    You're facing a reality that many of us have faced and still face. But you're not alone and things can be changed. Make a plan, something you can live with. Do and eat things you like. Life isn't all about carrot sticks and running 20 miles a day(unless you actually like that stuff :))

Life is to be enjoyed and it is bound to be enjoyed more when you're feeling good physically and mentally. Being overweight can affect our bodies in so many unhealthy ways, undoubtedly. So keep reminding yourself you WILL feel better as you change to a healthier lifestyle. It takes time, patience, a positive mindset, some support and lots of changes. Habits can be hard to change but I always try to substitute one habit for another I like equally as well.

Stick with MFP, plug in your numbers and goals and take it 1 day at a time. You got this!!

Oh and one more thing, don't look at your whole goal in front of you, but a small increment at a time. It feels so much better when you're closing in on the next 5# loss than thinking 70#.