Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was very busy with chores and the coop projects.
    The weather was very nice but Saturday was very windy. Monday and Tuesday will be beautiful days according to the weather app. Rain is expected on Tuesday night and most of Wednesday.

My workouts on Friday were Gina B 2500 steps.
    Sunday workouts were Peloton Low Impact Ride and LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm sure the 90 minute spin was fun. Once you get into the ride, the time goes by very quickly.

We've been having a lot of rain lately. Today we were under fire warnings. I guess we haven't had enough rain.

Have a great week!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope the weekend went well for you. We were pretty busy this weekend. Saturday was cooler and windy, so we decided to run some much needed errands. I think we hit every corner of the city, but it was a productive day out. Yesterday was beautiful outside, so we spent the day working in the yard. It was another good and productive day.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Cardio HiiT workout from Walk Strong 3 and 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was Boss Bands Glutes and Core and Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT and Bonus Pyramid HiiT. Today was Pyramid Upper Body from the Intensity series followed by a 30 minute spin.

Thelma, great workouts. You are under a fire warning? :o That’s pretty surprising, to be honest. I hope you get some of this rain that is expected then! We are supposed to get 1.5 to 2 inches, and I hope we do get that. But I would like it without all the wind and violence of storms. :) Everything here is really taking its time turning green this year. I don’t know if the snow and colder temperatures impacted that or if, like you, we are just drier than usual. Or maybe I am just super anxious for things to come back to life this year. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith Interval Training and Core, and Supersets Lower Body Blast.

We had a warm and sunny day. I think we were in the low 70's. More of the same for Tuesday.

Laurel, what a busy weekend you had! Great workouts!
    It's hard to believe that our conditions are so dry here. People burn stuff left and right. There's always some kind of smoke coming from somewhere in the valley. The grass is definitely taking its time to turn green. I see my little perennial plants are starting to show signs of life. I think things will start growing fast in April.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice time visiting with my mom, and we went to see dad on Saturday. He is doing fairly well, still wants to go home, but of course he can't. My MIL got through her surgery's well. The doctors have re-activated her POA. She is giving them the full force of her craziness. She is refusing to take her meds, etc. etc. One of the doctors was very surprised that they de-activated the POA in the first place.

No workouts until this morning, and I did Tae Bo Basic Workout 3. Again a ton of fun.

Laurel, Awesome job on all those workouts! Glad that you where able to get some errands finished up this weekend. I have yet to get those boss bands, but I did see that she now has them for tall people. Maybe is was fate that I didn't order them when she was having that presale.

Thelma, Dang on the fire warning, I to am surprised. We are finally getting some rain around here. My mom still has snow banks that are about 7 ft high. She took a ton of pictures so that we could see what it looked like before they started to melt. Great job on all your workouts!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough one. I started with Cathe Live Trisets Legs and then did IMAX 3. :o I did the IMAX workout on a 4” step, and, honestly, even at 4” it is still a killer workout (Cathe’s toughest cardio workout IMO). It has been several years since I attempted this workout and I am glad I did it just…..because. But we’ll see how my legs and feet feel about it in a few hours. :D I finished it with 20 minutes of Pilates, which felt great.

Thelma, great workouts. One of the benefits of living inside the city limits of Huntsville is fewer people are allowed to burn things. Even still, there is a lot of burning going on. I can’t imagine that makes you too comfortable given where you live. Hopefully you get some more moisture soon.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad the visit with your parents went well. 7 foot snow banks, though? No thank you. I am glad your MIL handled her surgeries well, but I am sorry about her still deteriorating mental condition. At least they reinstated the POA. I agree with the doctor in wondering why it was ever revoked. I really enjoy working with the fabric bands. I was surprised how much DOMS I felt yesterday from the Glutes and Core workout on Sunday. They just hit slightly differently I think.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Jessica Smith Kick Butt Kickbox, Pickleball and Xtend Barre Core. I had never done that Jessica Smith workout before. It was a sweatfest for me. I used 1 lb dumbbells. Both cardio workouts were a sweatfest and got my butt kicked today. I am exhausted in a good sort of way! :)

It was very warm today. We definitely hit 75 but temps could've been a little higher. We should be getting some rain tomorrow morning thankfully.

Laurie, I'm so glad you had a nice weekend, that your parents are doing well and that your MIL got through her surgery well too! I am glad the POA was reactivated by her doctors. I am glad one of her doctors recognized that her other doctors shouldn't have de-activated the POA in the first place.

Great workout!!

Being under fire warning seems to be a way of life around here. A house fire have always been one of my biggest worries.
    I can't believe your mom still has snow banks so high!!

Laurel, Great workouts!! I am so glad you did the IMAX workout on a 4" step!

You are fortunate to live within city limits. I don't even think you need a burn permit here. I worry every time I see the area across from our house covered in smoke. There are two properties that seem to burn something almost every day during the warm weather. I have to idea what they burn though. We are expecting a little rain tomorrow.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Split Sessions Upper Body. This one is a good one.

We are having an all day soaker today, so that is good. Unfortunately toward the end of the week it will have snow mixed in. :/

Laurel, Awesome job with the Imax workout! I would probably have to do something like that without a step, and it would probably still be difficult. I think now that they have the bands for the taller people, I will be waiting for the DVD's to go on sale. I don't mind a good bootie bake. :D

Thelma, Now you are making me want to try out that Jessica Smith workout. I don't remember if I have every tried that one. Great job on your workouts! I'm ready for some of those warmer temps. We did have a nice day on Monday. It was in the 60's but there was a cool breeze. I did open up the patio door for a little while. The amount of snow that they have up there is very impressive. The mud all over the place is annoying though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines and Curves 2. Both were just what I wanted and needed today. I am surprised that my feet survived that IMAX 3 workout yesterday with no issues. But, boy, my legs are screaming at me from the lower body workout! I guess that’s good. :) The Kari workout helped with that though.

Thelma, great workouts. Is that Jessica workout a DVD or on YouTube? Like Laurie, it sounds like one I might want to try. We got buckets of rain last night. By the time DH came to bed at 11pm, we’d had over three inches, it was raining 1/2” an hour and it rained all night. I hope you got some of that storm. I think we really needed that kind of a soaking rain and the good thing was, outside of a little wind and thunder, it was not at all violent here……unlike places south and southwest of us. I don’t blame you for being worried about fires. I haven’t been too worried here about fires because we seem to have had so much moisture these last few years. But if ever we were to have a hot, dry summer? I would definitely be concerned. But I suppose that is the risk of living amongst the trees.

Laurie, great workout. Sorry to hear you are in for more snow this week. I know you can get it for another month ( or more), but I hope your number of nice, warm days where you can open the house up a bit increases soon. Cathe had one of her Live class attendees try out those longer fabric bands when she had a prototype last Fall. This class member is 5’11”, and they seemed very usable. Cathe mentioned during that Virtual Road Trip in October that another member of her staff who is 5’7” also found them good. So since you are right in between those heights, they should work for you. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Jessica Smith Power Walking and S&S Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body Only.

I was really tired today. I really didn't want to workout but I did it. I thought I would've slept like a baby on Tuesday night after all the cardio I'd done, but it was totally the opposite.

We finally got some rain overnight and into Wednesday morning. Not nearly enough though. We're in a dry pattern for at least next week.

I am sorry I didn't post the link to Jessica's kickboxing workout! Here it is
    https://youtu.be/4neTmAFa1HA

Laurie, great workout!
    I wish we had some of that rain you had! Too bad about the rain/snow!

I hope you like Jessica's workout as much as I did. I can't wait to try her other kickboxing workouts.
    You're finally starting to get warmer temps!
    Fresh snow is always so beautiful but once it gets all muddy is no longer fun or pretty! Hopefully they'll warm up soon too.

Laurel, great workouts! I am glad your feet didn't complain about your IMAX3 workout! I hope you like Jessica's workout.

I can't believe you got so much rain! I can't believe all those tornadoes causing so much destruction. So scary! Hopefully you won't have to worry about potential fires at all!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Split Sessions Lower. My workout partner was in the way today, so I had to do some fancy moves to avoid stepping on him. :D He was hogging up most of the floor.

On Saturday we are having a tree taken down. The guy is charging us $950 which isn't bad. It is an American Elm that has Dutch Elm disease. We decided that Rocket would go to daycare on Saturday, so that we don't have to listen to him barking at the guys. :D I'm sure that he will be alot happier to be there.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts! Glad to hear that your lower body survived the punishment that you it through. Thanks for the information on the bands. I think those type of workouts would be good to take along when we travel. We are still getting rain right now. So far no snow has appeared, so that is a good thing.

Thelma, Good for you getting those workouts done, despite being tired and having no energy. Also thanks for the link, I'm sure that I can squeeze that one into the rotation soon. Of course I love kickboxing.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Body Blast Supersets Upper Body Blast, Cathe Live Crush It Low Impact and 20 minutes of Peloton Pilates. All good stuff today.

Thelma, great workouts. Thanks for posting the link to Jessica’s workout. I definitely want to give it a try. Laurie mentioned back several months ago that she had noticed her sleep was worse with more intense cardio workouts (or at least that is what I remember her saying. Laurie, if I am wrong, correct me!). I remember that because my sleep has been horrible for the last couple of years, and I tried to take note if there was any pattern related to my workouts. Unfortunately for me there is not. But it may be that more cardio means less sleep for you. It could be something worth considering if you see a pattern developing.

Laurie, great workout….well, minus the sidekick who decided to take up the room. :D I think these band workouts would be great for traveling. $950 to take down a tree isn’t bad at all. I am hoping we won’t have to take down any this year. Both us and our neighbor are concerned about a few trees behind our properties, but we both think it is silly to pay the $75 fee to the HOA to identify them as dead trees and then, once approved, pay the $1000+ to get them down when they aren’t even on our properties. But having a tree fall onto the property would not be good either, so……. :/ .

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I had another bad night so I was pretty tired all day long today. My workouts on Thursday were Slow Flow Yoga, Gina B Low Impact Cardio and Strong & Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body.

Today was on the cool side here which I loved. It felt like a nice fall day. I don't know if we hit 60 but we were definitely in the high 50's and there was a northernly wind. It looks like we have a couple of days in the 80's next week. No rain in sight though.

Our weekend is going to be busy with house chores and Chicken coop expansion and cleaning projects. The expansion project is mostly a DH thing. I may able to help him carry stuff and staining the wood. Our friend who lost her husband last year let us have some of his tools which have been very helpful so far. DH built a little window for our current coop last weekend and it came out great.

Laurie, great workout! Too funny about your workout partner! LOL
    I agree with Laurel that $950 is a good price to have a tree taken down. Good idea to send Rocket to daycare.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Thanks for mentioning Laurie's sleeping experience when she did more intense cardio. I'll have to pay attention to that. I didn't do intense cardio last night and I still had a rough night though.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Very busy morning around here. My workout was 30MTF Cardio Blast W2, some good plyometrics.

DH has a meeting this morning at the hospital. They are going to determine what type of facility his mom will be going to for rehab. She has shown her paranoia on and off since she was admitted, so they know that she needs to be in a place that can handle her situation.

Laurel, Love the workouts! You where right, I have a hard time sleeping at night with to much cardio. I think it must be a getting older thing. :D DH and I thought that price was pretty fair. It is a very tall tree, and they will be taking all the debris away.

Thelma, Sounds like you have a very busying weekend planned out. Great job on your workouts! I know for a fact that Rocket will be very happy at daycare. Of course it doesn't hurt that he will be super tired also. :D

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Glutes and Thighs, which is another good Trisets-style workout. I followed it with 30 minutes of spinning and 20 minutes of back-focused yoga.

Thelma, great workouts. But I am sorry to hear about another bad night of sleep. Those are no fun. I go through stages where I won’t sleep for several nights and then get one good night of sleep and then several bad nights. It is no fun, but I have been an insomniac since childhood. Hope the chicken coop building goes well this weekend!

Laurie, great workout. I am hoping the meeting with the hospital goes well for your DH. At least they know her situation and acknowledge it more than her previous doctors seemed to want or be able to do. Fingers crossed they find a good place for her.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Our weekend was busy, windy and cold! On Saturday the winds were gusting up to 40mph. DH wasn't able to work on the coop expansion because of the cold and wind. We were outside for a couple of hours cleaning the coop though.

I pulled a muscle on my back again. I had to take it easy on Friday. I've been sleeping well since Thursday night. What a relief!

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga, Gina B low impact cardio. On Sunday XT Super Cuts + bonus abs.

Laurie, great workout!
    I hope DH and your MIL's doctors were able to determine what facility she needs to go to.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Sleepless nights are not fun. Thank God I've been sleeping well.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very busy weekend, just wish they wouldn't go so fast. The tree was taken care of, and they cleaned up so well that you wouldn't even know that there was a tree in that spot. They will be back to do some trimming on our large walnut tree. On Sunday we went to the Home and Garden show. We need to replace some of our windows, so go a few contacts for that.

No workouts this weekend, but we did manage to get out each day for walking. Of course we did a ton of walking at the show. This morning's workout was LiTe Metabolic Blast. That one is fun.

Laurel, Very nice workouts! My MIL is in the same rehab facility that she was in just before her fall. She kicked DH's brother and SIL out of her room, because she said that they put her there. DH doesn't like visiting her, because this awful person that has taken over his mom isn't the mom he knew. She believes that she was on the phsyc ward. Who knows what her brain is saying to her right now. I will not go unless I'm with DH, that's for sure.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Sorry to hear that your back has a pulled muscle. Glad to hear that your sleep is better though. We had those winds also, so I'm sorry that your coop construction will be delayed a bit. My MIL will be at this rehab facility for now, unless she doesn't do her PT. If she refuses to do her PT, then she will need to be moved to a nursing home for memory care. :|

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Like Thelma, ours was windy and cold, especially Saturday. There was no spring feel to the air that day, that’s for sure. The wind was a little better yesterday, but it was still chilly, especially for this time of year. On Saturday, after errands, I worked at reorganizing and deep cleaning the laundry room and kitchen. I only got half of the latter done, but that is better than nothing. Yesterday, since the wind situation was better, we spent a physically exhausting day building flower beds for both the front and back yards and laying down mulch. We are slowly chipping away at our yard improvement projects, but I would much prefer not to be doing these things in a coat. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a walk with Jessica Smith followed by 60 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a fun, express Cathe Live workout called Ready For Action Bootcamp, followed by a spin and XTend Barre Signature 9. Today I pulled Cathe’s Drill Max off the shelf and dusted it off. :D I really enjoyed it today. I followed it with 30 minutes of yoga from Open Fit.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry to hear about your back muscle though. Hopefully it continues to feel better. I am also sorry the weather delayed your chicken coop construction. I couldn’t believe how bad the wind was on Saturday, especially since there were no storms around. We are going to warm up tomorrow and Wednesday though and then, apparently, we will be hit by another round of violent storms and a cold front. This weather pattern is getting a little old, to be honest. :# Oh well. I keep telling myself it will be hot and muggy soon enough. :)

Laurie, I am glad the tree cutting went well. I love going to Home and Garden shows. I know the one in Huntsville is coming up soon. Of course by the time we leave something like that, I want to redo everything in the house and yard! :D I am sorry your MIL is still mentally deteriorating. I don’t blame either you or your DH in not wanting to visit. That is the worst thing about Alzheimer’s is losing somebody before they are gone. It has to be breaking your DH’s heart. Great workout this morning.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit, YinYasa Yoga and S&S Boot Camp.
    My back is better. We lost power (or so I thought) when I was doing the Boot Camp workout. I had about 10 minutes left to go so I had to wing it! LOL. I was downstairs in the workout room when the power went out. I finished my workout and there was still no power, but when I got upstairs DH was watching TV! What the heck? DH checked the circuit breakers and two of them had tripped. This had never happened before. I hope there's nothing wrong.

Today's weather was much better! It was sunny and warmer. I think we may have hit 60. The wind picked up for a short time in the afternoon. We'll also have warmer temps on Tuesday and Wednesday. We need some rain badly.

Laurie, weekends do go way too fast! Sounds like yours was busy. I'm glad you had that tree taken care of! I hope Rocket had fun at daycare.
    Great workouts! Walking is a form of workout too!

Your MIL's mind seems to be going fast. How sad. I can't imagine what her sons are going through. It must be so painful to see their mom behave the way she does now. I don't blame your DH for not wanting to visit her. Hopefully she won't refuse to do her PT.
    I was disappointed about the wind on Saturday because DH was pretty motivated to get going with the coop project.

Laurel, you guys were busy too! Your garden is going to be beautiful! We had to cover our plants again because of the low temps. We planted some Peonies last fall, and they are growing fast. The perennials we planted in my pollinator garden aren't showing signs of life; which is disappointing. So much for buying perennials!

Great workouts! Drill Max sounds like another Cathe tough workout!

My back is better. I have no idea why this is happening though. The wind was insane. I don't like those violent storms! I also heard about the cold front. I wonder if this will be a super hot summer, given the unusually cold winter we've had.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was actually a great workout. Jessica Smith's Youtube 2-in-1 Toning.

Laurel, Looks like we all had the wind and cold for our weekend. WTG on getting the flower bed building, and the deep cleaning. Great job on all those workouts! DH and I always enjoy going to those shows. This years was a bit smaller than it usually is. I'm sure that DH will start getting all those phone calls from the window people. I just hate that they want me to be there for the meetings. I can't stand dealing with sales people, since I have to deal with them all day long. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on those workouts! Glad to hear that back is better. Very strange with the power, I to hope that their isn't some electrical issue. So far my MIL is doing her PT. I'm sure that she is expecting to go home again. I sure hope that they don't decide that she is at all able to handle being at home by herself. She was only home a week when she fell, and or wanted DH to come and cook for her. I still laugh to think that she thinks DH will cook. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by 45 minutes of Peloton Pilates. Good stuff. We are finally warm today and will be tomorrow as well. But we are also under a high wind advisory for tomorrow. :/ Then the temperature drops back again. Just such weird weather right now.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your back is feeling better. That is a bit strange about your electricity though. Hopefully it was just one of those things and doesn’t repeat. I hope you finally get some rain with this next storm. They say we may get an inch or two, and I hope we do. With all this wind, things here seem dry, but at least we have had rain. It must be far worse for you right now.

Laurie, great workout. Sounds like I need to look that one up too. I agree about not wanting to deal with sales people. Hopefully you find somebody who is a straight talker and makes the decision easy. Replacing windows is not an inexpensive venture that’s for sure. I am glad your MIL is doing her PT. I can’t imagine they would let her go home alone again. I so hope that doesn’t happen.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel