What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Also I can handle spicy foods way more now, that is one I can't understand. ( anyone know why?)

When I'm not eating quite so much sugar (or salt), my tastes seem to change. Foods that just tasted sort-of "meh" to me are now really good and foods that I used to really like are too sweet or salty. Maybe it's something similar to that? Maybe you are appreciating other flavors in those spicy foods more than previously?
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Also I can handle spicy foods way more now, that is one I can't understand. ( anyone know why?)

When I'm not eating quite so much sugar (or salt), my tastes seem to change. Foods that just tasted sort-of "meh" to me are now really good and foods that I used to really like are too sweet or salty. Maybe it's something similar to that? Maybe you are appreciating other flavors in those spicy foods more than previously?

Oh yeah. It's ruined eating out at a lot of places for me. And processed food is just meh.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    It’s so true about your tastes changing. I was in the supermarket this week and they had fresh baked croissants, and the whole store smelled like baked deliciousness. Post run and pre-breakfast it called to me: I thought no worries I can make one fit my calories, which it did, but alas it wasn’t even that good and was a giant let down

It helps to toast them briefly under the broiler.

Mmmmmmmmm
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    It’s so true about your tastes changing. I was in the supermarket this week and they had fresh baked croissants, and the whole store smelled like baked deliciousness. Post run and pre-breakfast it called to me: I thought no worries I can make one fit my calories, which it did, but alas it wasn’t even that good and was a giant let down

It helps to toast them briefly under the broiler.

Mmmmmmmmm

@springlering62
    Spring I think I just don’t actually like them
    That much!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!