Getting back into the gym after Covid!

I was testing positive for Covid for 9 days - it was my first day back at work yesterday and that was a struggle! My energy is at 1% right now. Before i got hit with covid I was training hard and seeing great results and now due to having Covid I haven't been able to go to the gym either... and I really want to go back but I just generally feel really low.. how did you get back to normal after covid ? Any motivation would be great right now ! 💪🏻

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    This happened to me (twice) this winter. I exercise a lot and was in a good place. Then, the tiredness was a setback. My doctor gave me B12 supplements and other vitamins which helped a great deal. I then went, but went slower (I swim--mostly). I got back to where I was previously after 2-3 weeks. Just be patient and don't push yourself. Do what you can right now. It'll all come back.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    No answers but want to wish you a healthy recovery so you can get back to where you want to be!! Mainly, listen to your body and do all the right stuff. Sleep, eat healthy, drink plenty of water, take your time and don't overdo, etc., etc.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    There have been a couple of threads here on this subject, so a search might bring them up for you.

Also, on some of those threads, I'd posted this, which is a document written for people like coaches (who are not medical folks) talking about how to get athletes eased back into a training routine after the athlete had Covid:

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/covid-19-return-to-play-or-strenuous-activity-following-infection#H135764167

It's intended to apply to all levels/ages, from professional to recreational athletes.
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will ease back into the gym.. I think for me its that viscous cycle of not being able to go so I feel low and therefore finding even less motivation to go. The most Important thing for me is to just show up, once I'm there I know I'll be fine. I don't think my breathing has been affected so i am very lucky in that sense.!
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    This happened to me (twice) this winter. I exercise a lot and was in a good place. Then, the tiredness was a setback. My doctor gave me B12 supplements and other vitamins which helped a great deal. I then went, but went slower (I swim--mostly). I got back to where I was previously after 2-3 weeks. Just be patient and don't push yourself. Do what you can right now. It'll all come back.

One of my friends had a B12 shot and she said she felt tons better! I'll see how I go this week and I may consider it..