March 25

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    25/03/2022
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • DAY 39 of EPIC I | FULL BODY DUMBBELLS (TRISETS) 60 min
    • Walking 3.21 km in 0:34:55 (5.51 km/h)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days all used
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,667 Member
    25/03/2022
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, gym and lawn mowing.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    3 pass days used
  • LeanMe_28
    LeanMe_28 Posts: 49 Member
    Exercise ✅
    Calories ✅
    Tracking ✅

Pass days 3/3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 107 mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

From 18 March Theme
    This is my identity based March Tiny Habit.
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of body, mind, and spirit.
    I will refrain from eating after 9pm to allow my body to concentrate on processing CI
    LNS: 0 ~|~ Me: 25 (Streak = 29)

This has definitely worked for me. My CI have reduced this month.

I know some people believe that all calories are equal. However, I was checking my macros today and I realised that my Fat%age has been creeping up, which I do not think is healthy for my body.
    For the next 14 days:
    I will prelog my CI first thing in the morning to ensure that I am within 2% my daily specified goal for Fat%age
    👌🏻-👌🏻-👌🏻-👌🏻-👌🏻-👌🏻-👌🏻
    26-27-28-29-30-31-01
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    ✅✅✅
    3 pass days and holding. 🤞🏻
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,174 Member
    Friday

Exercise: 45min
    Calories: under goal
    Tracking complete

pass days used 1/3
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    yyy
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

4 Pass Days Used
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    3x Yes
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    edited March 2022
    @donna25trinity Great topic. Self-awareness is so important if you want to change your habits for the better.

What were or are your reasons to overeat? and how have you or how do you plan to combat your over eating behaviours?

When I was a young adult, there was no overeating as I was very active. I had a hearty appetite and would often have second helpings. However, we didn’t have all the fast food that’s available these days, apart from the occasional treat of fish and chips, and restaurant meals were a rarity, so I stayed at a fairly steady weight throughout most of my late teens and early 20s.

When my family were small, I was still very active running around after them. I preferred home cooked meals, and we weren’t great fans of junk food. I continued to eat heartily, and had few problems with weight, initially.

These were the habits which I carried forward when I became a working mother, and didn’t have as much time or energy to be as active. For a long time, didn’t occur to me to change my eating habits, with the result that I was often ‘fighting the flab’, and got into the cycle of yo-yoing weight.

Alas, there wasn’t the societal pressure to be skinny, and young married women were often assured that it was normal to gain a few lbs once you were married and had children.

Fast forward 45 years, and one had reaped the whirlwind. My old habits had impinged on my health and mobility. However, I discovered that, even at the ripe old age of 69 it wasn’t too late to teach an old *kitten* new tricks.

One day at a time, one habit at a time, I have changed my profligate ways, with the support of many friends on MFP.
    🔥 The Phoenix has risen 🔥

My post in “Introductions” gives details of the progression of my salvation.

So inspirational @TerriRichardson112 i esp love how at 69 you were able to change ur ways 4 the better! Amazing!!! Xo
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Yes x3
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Great opener, my self awareness began in the dress pant isle for work about 6 yrs ago I had reached the top of the size chart and was mortified to have to possibly move to the woman’s sizes. That was my moment now with this group the last few years and my own quest for healthy living I have succeeded. The OA in my knees is still classified as severe but I can navigate rather well with minimal pain most days. I know it’s exercise and healthy food choices. I eat minimal meat and watch my carb intake. I have been working to adjust my protein to more fruits and veggies as they seem a better choice for me. I am almost to we’re I want to be hopefully by my July birthday I will be there.

I try very hard to not over eat a few years ago we put away the “big” pottery plates we switched to small soup plates they are a great all around plate. I have also allowed myself something each day that I enjoy, by doing this I don’t have to many cravings that I give in to. Sometimes I remind myself how long I would need to row or spin to burn off those calories from my cheat.

All three done for today.

@snowshoe072 some great tips in here for us all! I also agree that allowing urself something u enjoy daily allows moderation this is something I trully lacked in the past. Now I feel I can trully hve my cake and eat it too if you know wat i mean whereas before my diets were to strict which only resulted In my rebelling. I always love hearing how ppls eating and workouts assist them in managing their medical conditions as it gives hope for ppl on here that are only newly diagnosed to know that they can still hve a happy life! You sound like a very determined and disciplined woman. Xo