Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,936 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - when I was caring for my dad, his cardiologist made him wear a heart monitor for 30 days. It was awful. The adhesive ripped his skin, and then the pads had to go right back in the exact same spots on top of the already damaged skin. Pure torture. His skin was raw and painful. I don't blame Joe one bit for bailing out.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all!

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:219.8
    CW:224.8

Water weight i hope.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Cornanda I struggle with productivity when I am at home. What a great NSV to stop beating yourself up and make adjustments! Very insightful stuff. I think sometimes we are too soft on ourselves, we make excuses that sound like legitimate reasons at the time but when we look back, we can see they are just excuses. Then as you say, other times, we are hard on ourselves. I think it depends on our mindset at the time. At least these things are true for me.

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry Joe took off the monitor. :( He is going through a lot. I'm glad he's had the tests to confirm his heart is fine. Yeah, I am not seriously considering the tapeworms but I am desperate lol. Drinking black coffee is an adjustment, good for you for starting today! You can do this! I know you can.

Hi all. I have a fun evening tonight: one of my new pieces of art is being shown in a show for one night only that also has music, vendors and it should be a lot of fun. I hope I can stay up late enough to attend it lol. I ended my fasting period 30 minutes early yesterday, not the end of the world but I was a little disappointed. I'll hang in there today.

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 75 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - Yay for joining a community that will support you. The support I find here makes all the difference in the world to me. It's what finally got my weight loss going. Still praying for you and Joe.

@davidji82 - gotta be water weight!

@trooworld- Have fun tonight! You'll be excited so it won't be hard to stay up.

Gonna post my weight next. It's a complete anomaly and I fully expect it to be up next week!

Happy Weekend-

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 169.9
    CW: 167.9

LTD: 23.2
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 260
    CW: 260
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I'm reading Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King. this book is keeping me up until midnight reading, it has captured me. Just a bunch of short stories.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 3108 steps so yesterday.
    3) Weigh everyday - 166.7

Hi Team, sorry I have been absent, but I had a lot of emotional healing to do, and it's hard for me to focus on anything else but that until I get there. I had a really good chat with my Talk Therapist yesterday. He offered the suggestion instead of forgiveness to just accept it and move on. And when it crops up again which it will, and when I'm feeling resentful to do something positive for myself, take a long hot bath or work with my wood crafting. Basically, anything I love, spend time with my pets but of course do not eat comfort foods. I think I can live with that. I'm ready to move on now, and I feel that I can be successful in reaching my goal weight.

Isn't it funny? that thru all the years of being overweight I never addressed the root of the problem. I was never taught to eat healthy; my mother was obese all her life and had every surgery there was to correct her eating issues, but she never put in the effort required to be successful. The weight would pile back on, then she would have another surgery, lose weight, gain weight, another surgery over and over again. I do not want surgery to lose weight, I find that very scary. Plus, I would not be learning to eat healthy and with the same emotional eating problems I would just gain it back. MFP is much harder, but it forces me to face myself if I'm going to keep my weight down for the long term. There is nothing harder than baring one's soul and taking a deep look to root out the problems. Then changing what I can that is within my control.

I heard a saying "Pick your Battles", and it is so true. Something's are not worth fighting over. It's better to save the fight for really important stuff. When my husband leaves his dirty pants on my cedar chest, that is not a battle I want to have so the laundry fairy whisks it way to the hamper. Does it bother me? Sure it does but not enough to fight over. A friend of ours got married for the 2nd time, they have been very happy. She begged him to move his business and build a new house. Where they moved has lots of dust and dirt. She is divorcing him over that. Instead of valuing him, and the house he built for them and that he uprooted his entire life for her. He is very sad, and he said that he's too old to start over again. This boggles my mind. I'm rambling, time to go!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    Hi all. I have just caught up on all of the posts for the week as I haven’t had any time to actually come and be here this week. I feel so bad about it but I have been still tracking my food and for the most part making good choices. My aunt came for supper this past Tuesday and she brought this amazing looking Oreo cookie chocolate cake and with much drooling I abstained lol. In fact I took the cake to work so everyone could enjoy it and I wouldn’t eat it. Haha. I have began every morning this week with a small pep talk in the bathroom mirror so that I can stay on track and so far it seems to be helping. Today after work I’m going to begin taking my pup for her walks again. I become a bit lazy on the walking during the winter. Now that the sidewalks are all clear again I’m actually looking forward to it. Well anyway I’d better get going as my break is about over. I do want to say congrats on all the people who made it on the letter board this week👏👏👏👏👏
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I totally get being intimidated by artichokes, remember when I was trying new produce and looked for the most intimidating thing and grabbed a rutabega?! Conquer that fear, you can always throw it away if it doesn't come out right or you don't like it!

@trooworld Congratulations on your artwork being shown, how exciting!

@FushiaKat I really think this time on MFP is going to work for you, a lot of times people lose the weight fast but don't deal with the root issues, obviously it's a lot harder to do that but it's the more successful way to go. My parents were always trying the latest diet, I grew up on Diet soda surrounded by exercise equipment and had a gym membership at 15. I ate awful as a kid, it's not surprising at all that I ended up diabetic which half my family is as well. I lost weight pretty fast but my pain condition relapsing made it a lot tougher, I'm trying to have a healthier relationship with my body these days, hating it never got me anywhere!

@tammymccrady6278 You have some strong willpower, if that's the dirt cake it's really good! Hope you have a great walk today!

Hi everyone, happy Friday! I'm not feeling the best (not COVID), not sure if it's really bad allergies or a cold but I suspect the latter, my throat feels like I've been swallowing glass so it was hard to sleep. Did my workout and I'm making soup, figure I'll go outside and get some sun to see if it helps. I finished the Bingo challenge by doing a Leslie Sansone walking workout as I didn't want to risk getting stranded if my legs gave out. One of my friends on here does weekend challenges and I got Plyometrics, I can't do that at ALL so I told her I'd sub for body strength exercises, if I tried to hop over a box I'd definitely fall on my face! Glad I didn't even try, sucks modifying stuff but that was just a no go as soon as I Googled what it was. Have a great weekend everyone! @trooworld I'm going to make the Rootitoot beef and barley soup tonight.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Friday
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 163.9

Just read a week's worth of posts - it looks like almost everyone had a good week weight-wise. Keep it up team!!
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 567 Member
    Username : MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    Weigh In Day : SATURDAY
    PW: 162.4
    CW: 163.4

dnfx8n8mxoi7.jpg

Clearly I am Unmotivated! Letting My Life Rule My Life! I NEED to get back IN CONTROL!
    I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 199 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 220
    CW 218.9
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 134 lbs
    CW: 134 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited March 2022
    @micaroo4 Yikes your poor dad! Yeah, I’m glad Joe stopped the monitor. I could see that happening to his poor skin too and he doesn’t need that right now. :/

@trooworld How was the art show? Did you stay awake? :grin: We have to train our fasting muscle
    to go longer and we also have to listen to our bodies and know that somedays we have to eat sooner than planned. Be kind to yourself! <3

@Cornanda Wow, congrats on your weight loss!! That is wonderful. B) Yeah, I’m a big believer in community support, which is why I joined a group of IFers, have a fitness group with my Beachbody coach, and of course the Slimpossibles! :grin:

@FushiaKat What great insights you have shared with us! You are right that you have to address the root problem or like your mom, you will just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I feel like I’ve been doing that most of my life, but like you, I am determined to turn it around and do the hard work it takes. And yes to “picking your battles!” How sad for your friend that his wife couldn’t appreciate the good and choose to focus on the bad. How many of us tend to do just that? :/

@tammymccrady6278 Good for you for abstaining from that Oreo cake and taking it to work. That is some crazy willpower! Giving yourself a pep talk every morning is a great idea. Keep up the great work you are doing for yourself. Congrats on your weight loss this week! :)

@Katmary71 Sorry you aren’t feeling well. Take it easy on yourself. <3

Hi Team! It’s a lovely spring day and I don’t have anything that I need to do today other than a few chores around the house. I think after my workout and lunch, I’m going to start a new jigsaw puzzle. I’ve been missing them! :grin: I’ve drank my black coffee this morning as I’m getting ready to jump back on the IF wagon. I also plan to incorporate a couple of days next week to eat a Protein Sparing Modified Fast diet where I will keep my calories under 800 for the day. Later I’m going to make some PSMF bagels that are supposed to be really tasty and fit into my low-calorie days. My fingers and toes are crossed that I can finally turn myself around and get back into weight loss mode. My motto of NEVER giving up is strong in me right now! :grin:

Just keep going!! ;)

zl5jelzy4j2p.jpg

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Digger61
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 220
    CW 223
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you, I did have fun but ended up being really tired lol. Congrats on the loss! Well done! :D

@FushiaKat Addressing the root of the problem is so important. Brava for doing that!

@tammymccrady6278 Do not feel bad for having a life! Just come here when you can. :) That cake sounds tempting. Good for you for not giving in. Enjoy your day, too!

@Katmary71 Thank you! It was fun. I think I made the Rootitoot beef and barley soup and really liked it. I hope you do too!

@gwamajtw91 @tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the losses!

@TeresaW1020 The art show was pretty fun, there were a lot of people there and a few of the art pieces got bought but not mine. I think next time, I'll pay for a table because people were definitely interacting with the table people. Thank you, it IS important to be kind to ourselves. I am wearing a shirt right now that says "Be Kind" I guess I should take that advice! :D I hope your bagels come out well. Keep strong!

Hi all. My hubby and I are going to a Paint and Sip night tonight. It might be kind of disappointing because we will have to paint what everyone else is painting but it could be fun. Other than that, I am going to rest!

1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 50 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday (3/20)
    PW: 184.6
    CW: 188.2
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    You asked, I heard you...and thus our Week 5 Group Challenge was born...join us this week as we awaken all the senses and take care of ourselves. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10859980/march-week-5-group-challenge-taking-care-of-me#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 2/23: 225.9

Check in weight (3/4/2022): 225.4

Check in weight (3/11/2022):224.4
    Check in weight (3/18/2022): 224.5
    Check in weight (3/25/2022):223.8

Good month!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Sometimes when I am being honest with myself, I end up beating myself up because of slips I have made along the way. Other times I think I am going along just great and then I realize I was being too soft on myself and not paying attention. Self-awareness is a huge skill! Not when I always get right.

@TeresaW1020 I empathize with Jo taking that heart monitor off, 24 hours was good for me! I am glad that you are joining a place that can support you in your intermittent fasting, that is way above my pay grade! Love the picture that you put up :-). The backpack that I put Vannie in is especially made for dogs. There is a clip that goes on her collar so she can’t slip out.

@cornanda WOOT WOOT on the weight-loss!

@trooworld WOW that’s awesome that one of your pieces of art is being shown along with music vendors, that’s truly so exciting! I think you guys are amazing with your fasting, any more than about three or four hours for me and I definitely get hangry and there is no living with me🥴. Next time I get Vannie in the backpack I will take a picture :-). It is snowing here again so we are not doing the backpack right now!

@fushiakat sounds like you have a great therapist with a lot of great insights!

@tammymccrady6278 I tip my hat to you! Not only did you not eat the cake, but you got rid of it, so you couldn’t! That is exactly my strategy that I have here, when I have everybody over for dinner. I send all the leftovers home with my guests, so I am not tempted :-). YY. Congrats on the loss!

@katmary71 I had to Google that soup, it sounds delicious! I’m so sorry that you are not feeling well!

It has been a busy few days :-). Normally I go to the gym four days a week, with the price of gas getting so high I decided to see if I could still get my workout in and only go three times a week. On Thursday I did a spin class and then right after that a barbell class. I was afraid I would be really sore the next day, but I was fine! I was ready to go to bed at about 7 PM, but other than that I was good LOL.
    On Friday I took my mom out to see a movie and we had a popcorn lunch. She has not been to a movie in ages, so it was a lot of fun. It is my son’s birthday tomorrow and he has requested tacos! That makes me very happy because I can do that and keep within my limits even with having a small slice of Dairy Queen ice cream cake!
This discussion has been closed.