MARCH 2022 CHALLENGES -- 03/01--03/31

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,249 Member
    Kathy, I'm sorry your Fitbit is failing. I hate when that happens. I miss my One.
    I did 7.47 miles in 134 mins. Went up the very tough hill by the water tanks. It wasn't so tough!!
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Correction. I checked and I’ve bought the Fitbit 2 1/2 years ago. I guess that’s pretty good. I have the Versa 2 and will probably stick with it.

Shelly how do you like your new Fitbit?

Kathy
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hi gals! Very busy couple of days.. Bella likes the program so far. She's 2 days in. thank you so much for all of your great support and love.

My eating has been off too. The stress for sure. I've been really good about taking this yoga class though. I'm doing 4x a week. I can already feel myself getting stronger and I can see muscle tone. So all good.

We can do this 💪 🙌 ❤️

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Living in my truth...

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    3/4 - 167.1
    3/12 166.2
    3/23 - 168.8
    March goal - 165
  • kjs1228
    Karen my daughter struggles with mental issues with her daughter Kaeldra also. I am wishing the best for both girls. It can be so trying sometimes. And both of your girls have been having issues for years. Not just normal issues. Hugs and hoping for the best.

Chris I have been bad lately also. But glad you enjoyed family time and got in some walking.

Kathy we are in the homestretch for this month. Lets really try hard to drop a few pounds or gain some muscle.

Going to work out tonight with weights.

Shelley

Thanks for sharing....so you get how hard it is first hand!

Karen
  • cpanus
    My heart breaks for you ladies.
    60 min workout w/my trainer this afternoon. It's was beautiful today.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,844 Member
    Not sure where to start

Kathy I struggled with watch choices also. I like how bright mine is. Wish it vibrated longer. And love the size. Mainly I want to be on our challenges together. Keep going to planet fitness. It is so stressful at times you need that time to do something good for you.

Chris I actually laughed at the first picture of Ronan. He cracks me up. What a cutie.

Paula so happy to hear from you. Time sharing the cats is so you. :) Glad you kicked the alcohol. The rest will come.

Karen I do understand how real the struggle can be. Kaeldra has been seeing someone forever it seems. Her therapist talks with my daughter lots. But her husband won't go. Frustrating. Kaeldra is so negative about everything. Nothing is ever good enough. She pretends to have numerous personalities. Even male. And gets upset if you don't get her name right. Her therapist says many young people are acting like this on tick tock. Or some such. They talk about their traumas, dress up all the time and constantly act like a new person. She is concerned that if it continues it will be a long term problem. This is every day. She acts out if she is not the center of attention at all times. I would have shaken her by now if I was her mom. And popped her bottom if she rolled her eyes at me like she does her parents. She stomps around complaining all the time. I hope a light bulb comes on in her head before the damage is irreversible. She even shaved her head! Now that is a trauma!

Keep being yourself and the worlds best mom to Belle.

So today I was given the lead in security to take Dale Eaton into court for his re-sentencing. He murdered an 18 year old girl back in 1988. I kept saying I hate you over and over in my head. I had to. The victims mom and 2 sisters gave heart wrenching impact statements. And I could not cry. He will never be a free man. There was a book written about her. I think it was called Little Miss.

I have slowly been getting my eating under control. Feels good.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Shelley - Bella claims "trauma" also. Parents aren't perfect....but she's grown up with love, comfort, opportunity and hasn't struggled for anything in her life. We've provided so many resources. So many kids have less. Right now her anger with the world is toward me. Trying to take care of myself and not let it get me down...or EAT! Of course the food comfort is my go-to.

I took am happy to see the beautiful Paula back! We are here with you!

I need to drink more water. I think I'm mistaking hunger for thirst.

Karen
  • kjs1228
    I forgot to post...our basement fitness area is coming together...more ro do...but on our way. Mom is excited about the treadmill!fnuzaqhaqk4h.jpg

dm4cxddtoycx.jpg

• cpanus
    Karen, I like your basement!! I would post a picture of my exercise area in the garage but it is over-crowded with kid toys and kid bikes and kid stuff. Since my trainer converted her garage into a gym, we haven't used it except for storage. :D
    Shelley, I'm so glad you kept your purple gun in your purple holster! So glad he will never see the outside world ever again.
    Managed 7.44 miles in 128 mins today. Beautiful out there!! We are suppose to get rain tomorrow night and Monday morning...we'll see. The rain gods are really ignoring California!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris thanks. And I so get the kid stuff. Best stuff ever. We also had a beautiful day. Hope you get some rain.

Karen that sounds like Kaeldra. She also is angry towards her mom. And what trauma? There wasn't any. If asked she will say the car wreck when she was little. It was a rear end bump that she slept through. But she did come over and actually smiled today. Hope yet. 😃

Worked out with my friend today. It was tough. But we loved it.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Karen I love your space. Wish I had that set of dumbbells. Hope mom comes and uses the treadmill often. Always better to have a workout buddy.

Shell
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    It feels odd to hear you folks welcome me back when it doesn't feel like I leave. Sometimes I drop in but don't say anything but I'm here. And the "time passes faster when you're older" thing is so true. It feels like a week goes past in a day. So, I haven't left! Just squeezed in a little corner... appreciating you all. :smiley:

Shelley and Karen, What you're going through with your children and grandchildren is so heart wrenching. My prayers are with you.

Chris and Kathy, Love all.

Too bad the purple gun couldn't come out without causing trouble for Shell, cuz prison is too good for some folks. Life just isn't fair.

paula
  • KAR1959
    Rest day! Spent the morning and afternoon with Rob. He made me an vegetable Omelette for breakfast and we discussed taking a trip for my birthday. It may happen if my sister comes home from Dubai. She wants to spend time with our parents and give me a little break. All I can say is fingers crossed. 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

My Dad begins his new treatments tomorrow. The first of three infusion therapies. Followed by a MRI in May to see the results. I’m hoping the side effects aren’t to bad for him.

Chris, I ordered my new Fitbit but not sure when it will be delivered therefore I will not participate in the challenge this week. Hope to be back next week.

Really need to step it up at PF this week as well as control my snacking. I have extra incentive now with the possibility of a vacation for my birthday! 😏

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Hi! Paula!
    Did 6.36 miles in 113 mins today. Lots of clouds! Supposed to rain in 2 1/2 hours...maybe. :#
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Paula we know what you mean. And I sometimes don't post everyday. Just read to keep caught up. But you my friend have such a fun way of telling everything that we miss you even when it has only been a couple of days. You make us laugh the way looking at the adorable antics that Chris grandson does makes us. And it is to bad my purple gun would be cause for my solitude confinement. So be extra happy that we notice you didn't post for a day or so. We want you to know how special you are.

Kathy I hope you get to take that birthday trip. And visit your sister. Wishing your dad all the best of luck. I am so glad you got the fitbit again. Good luck with the snacking. March will be gone soon.

Worked all day. Hard to get steps in such a ting room.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Did a yoga class tonight and it kicked my butt! I'm going to feel it tomorrow. Heck I feel it now lol!

Thanks for the kind words out our home gym. Took my husband a year to get those weights and rack during COVID. Remember when no one could get weights? He was like a kid in a candy store when the truck pulled up;)

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Karen I remember. Everyone wanted to workout from home.

Rocky and I went for a bike ride. I had Libby. We were over half way into our ride when he remembered he had fries in the oven! Oops. Burned them to a crisp. Oops!

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Monday: full body strength training - 60 minutes, elliptical - 15 minutes and Treadmill- 20 minutes. Went to PF after my father’s treatment. Great stress reliever!

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    My body was a little sore today from the strength training session yesterday so switched it up a little. I did a 10 minute YouTube stretching video this morning. Then at PF 60 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the ab machines.

Kathy