Should we have a cheat day? I am on vacation and I find it hard to stick to the regimen.

2»

Replies

• Ruby2020A
    Ruby2020A Posts: 9 Member
    No, you must have discipline and Will power.
    Thank you all for responding to my poll. I appreciate each and every respond , I respect all opinions.
    When I questioned a “cheat day” I was referring to consuming more calories, eating and drinking unhealthily meals that I normally try my best to avoid.
    In my current regiment I try to make heathy choices, avoid sodas , avoid high sugary snacks, consume high nutritional meals. However, during my vacation I found my self eating high calories food, eating and consuming high sugary meals and drinking alcohol and sodas.
  • Fayeworth
    Fayeworth Posts: 60 Member
    I’ve lost 50lbs over the last 6 months. I’ve had about 4 or 5 planned “cheat days” in that time and I’ve always lost weight, even on those “cheat day” weeks. I factor them in by reducing calories by 100/200 in the run up and after. It’s all in the planning and to mentally prepare yourself to NOT feel guilty afterwards. You just need to get straight back in the game xx
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Ruby2020A wrote: »
    Thank you all for responding to my poll. I appreciate each and every respond , I respect all opinions.
    When I questioned a “cheat day” I was referring to consuming more calories, eating and drinking unhealthily meals that I normally try my best to avoid.
    In my current regiment I try to make heathy choices, avoid sodas , avoid high sugary snacks, consume high nutritional meals. However, during my vacation I found my self eating high calories food, eating and consuming high sugary meals and drinking alcohol and sodas.
    And yet you are still back here, staying healthy, logging calories with the rest of us and likely making progress!! So here is hoping that you didn’t lose too much sleep over it on vacation becuse I hear adequate sleep is good for weight loss too!
    BTW, where did you go? Hope it was fun!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Thinking about food in terms of cheating and guilt can be very harmful and does nothing to foster a healthy relationship with food. Enjoy yourself!
  • ddbms1
    ddbms1 Posts: 11 Member
    I call them re fuel meals and during my competition prep I’m very strict every meal of week besides my re fuel meal I allow myself basically anything I want for only that meal, it helps me physically and mentally a lot to get through the next week of diet!
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Yes , cheat days are okay.
    I'm planning on cheat MEALS not days. I have an anniversary trip this coming weekend at a B&B and their stuffed French toast is heavenly. That will be my cheat meal. The rest of my meals will be smart and planned. I've let cheat days lead to quitting altogether in the past so I am allowing myself this small treat this weekend.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    Yes , cheat days are okay.
    No, you must have discipline and Will power.

I did not vote.

Because you are presenting the options as a false dichotomy - ie the choices have to be one or the other of these.

I would vote None of the above.

I would say you can have planned - or even unplanned - variations to your intake - both in terms of calorie intake and nutritional intake - and still lose weight and be healthy

Using the weekly calorie feature really helps. Knowing you dont have to get every day on target - as long as your weekly calories are right - ie your average intake is on target, not every individual day.

Thats how I do it, rather than cheat days - and I try to have a system that requires the least amount of discipline and will power.

have a system that works well for you rather than one you have to white knuckle yourself into