Yes x 3!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,779 Member
    edited March 2022
    Date: 03/25/22

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    [UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15 -16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31]

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (4 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    https://youtu.be/g83v1m2P4_g[/spoile]
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    edited March 2022
    Thank you @jamcnewman and @ashleycarole86 I really appreciate your kind words & support! 💗
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    Great opener @donna25trinity !

What were or are your reasons to overeat? and how have you or how do you plan to combat your over eating behaviours?

Reasons to overeat… well, there is a great book Reasons are Bullsh*t. LOL

The gist of the book is there are an infinite number of “reasons” for any behavior … genetics, parents’ eating behaviors, marketing of processed foods, shift in exercise, loneliness, happy celebrations, boredom, rewarding ourselves, relaxation, fatigue, unable to sleep, just feel like it, etc.

So I no longer have any “reasons” to overeat. They were all bullsh*t; they negatively impacted my life for 4 decades. I had to kick them all to the curb.

How have I overcome my former eating behaviors?

Focus on health
    A lot of hard work
    Redefining Self-kindness
    Daily tracking for years
    Complete self-honesty

Stopped (now in year 6) eating sugar & almost all saturated fat, very low sodium diet, 72 grams protein spread across the day…eliminated almost all

Walk 10K steps every day😂.

I never eat out: I began to do so again while in maintenance Jan/Feb 2020 eating out & scale was going up again. COVID’s arrival in the States took care of that. I don’t think I could maintain & eat out, so I don’t. I also have not had a single cold since then.I like knowing my food wasn’t cooked or served by someone who had a cold but didn’t know it yet. Health First.

We get take out for our birthdays & maybe 2-4 other times per year.

Basically I eat & hike to be as healthy as I can be.

I crafted a meal pattern that satisfies me, is balanced in nutrients, and prevents me from ever feeling hungry.

I just haven’t given up.

Side note: my husband who I always thought of as thin was inspired to change his habits & lose weight. First no sodas, then no alcohol. Dropped 20. Then started shifting food choices to healthier ones. Dropped another 10-15 lbs. BMI just over 25, but a lifelong runner.

Slow baby changes worked for me & that inspired the Love of my life to do the same.

Having both of us on the same page had made my maintenance dramatically easier…
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Mar 25
    ✅✅✅
    3️⃣ pass days
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    @donna25trinity
    My reasons for eating are same. Food always a part of celebration in my family. Food treats after every dr visit. I eat my feelings: happiness, sadness, loneliness, togetherness, boredom and out of habit.

My history: very, very thin as child, teen & young adult. Always very active. 3 brothers to keep up with, always active, short, skinny, underweight. Loved playing kickball, playing some basketball, throwing football around, gymnastics, badminton, just throwing a ball at a walk & catching it & making up my own games hitting with my hand. Going swimming Didn’t like lots of foods. As child very little fast food back then & eating at a restaurant was a big treat. My mother cooked well rounded meals. Eggs, cereal, pancakes, or French toast were breakfast meals.
    My dad made my lunches for school: half a sandwich, sometimes a small charcoal broiled hamburger that he cooked on some weekends that he would individually wrap & freeze after a cook out, 1 cookie, pickle, small handful of chips.
    I was a huge waster of food because my eyes were always too big & I took too much since meals were family style & all would be eaten by my brothers if I didn’t get mine 1st. I’d give some to them, then my parents made me sit at the table & eat all my food that I took or I couldn’t get up. They’d say think of all the starving… & try to shame me into eating. But as a child … well you know how that went. I could not eat it, my stomach was too small, I guess. I caused a roach problem in the house because I’d end up throwing some in the trash since o was there soo long & left alone, then threw the rest behind the dryer, etc.
    Tween age. Gymnastics & just still playing around.
    In high school, I was introduced to my favorite sport racquetball & was already super coordinated & was good very quickly. Then trained myself for it. Started running before going to school.
    College: a true athlete. Coach tried to get me to eat more to gain a little weight cause still so thin. Could eat anything & everything. Shakes for treats etc.
    Married right after college & stayed thin. (Won a basketball trophy on our honey moon. )
    Taught racquetball & later got certified & taught aerobics. I loved step aerobics.
    Put on 10 lbs then to get pregnant dr said to drop a few lbs & that would do it. It did! Worked out throughout pregnancies.
    Lost almost all the weight after the pregnancy few years.
    Then as life got very busy became less active but still ate like when in college — milkshakes etc.
    And you know how it goes from there. Less time to exercise combined with stress eating, celebration eating, etc. that’s how I got to where I am.
    Been on Mfg a long time & lost a couple times but mostly just gained.
    So I am trying again with this group & so far… even tho haven’t added consistent exercise yet. I’m already doing better. Even with the binge last night.
    I have been consistently tracking now, etc. this is good! I will get there & won’t give up.
    I will find a way to add in the exercise even with my busy stressfilled life. It has to change. I stopped questioning how could I do this to myself & how could I stop my favorite thing- exercise.
    Thanks y’all.

@Elbee1 you hve great insight into what steps u need to take to get to where u want to go. So good 4 u!!! Just so u know u are not alone alot of us hve struggled with binge eating too, it's a hard to shake but with time it def gets easier so stay strong, dnt beat urself up, be kind to urself and reach out for support wen u need too. I love how u are consistently tracking now, that will def make a world of difference! Your doing great and I look forward to hearing how u go with incorporating working out in your life style! Very exciting stage in ur life esp since u were always so active and u loved it so much!!! Xox
  • donna25trinity

What were or are your reasons to overeat? and how have you or how do you plan to combat your over eating behaviours?

The gist of the book is there are an infinite number of “reasons” for any behavior … genetics, parents’ eating behaviors, marketing of processed foods, shift in exercise, loneliness, happy celebrations, boredom, rewarding ourselves, relaxation, fatigue, unable to sleep, just feel like it, etc.

So I no longer have any “reasons” to overeat. They were all bullsh*t; they negatively impacted my life for 4 decades. I had to kick them all to the curb.

Focus on health
    A lot of hard work
    Redefining Self-kindness
    Daily tracking for years
    Complete self-honesty

Stopped (now in year 6) eating sugar & almost all saturated fat, very low sodium diet, 72 grams protein spread across the day…eliminated almost all

I never eat out: I began to do so again while in maintenance Jan/Feb 2020 eating out & scale was going up again. COVID’s arrival in the States took care of that. I don’t think I could maintain & eat out, so I don’t. I also have not had a single cold since then.I like knowing my food wasn’t cooked or served by someone who had a cold but didn’t know it yet. Health First.

I crafted a meal pattern that satisfies me, is balanced in nutrients, and prevents me from ever feeling hungry.

I just haven’t given up.

Side note: my husband who I always thought of as thin was inspired to change his habits & lose weight. First no sodas, then no alcohol. Dropped 20. Then started shifting food choices to healthier ones. Dropped another 10-15 lbs. BMI just over 25, but a lifelong runner.

Slow baby changes worked for me & that inspired the Love of my life to do the same.

@MadisonMolly2017 ur response made me lol!!! Self awareness and knowing wat leads us to over eat is all really importaint cause I believe if we are aware then thats one step closer to being able to change those behaviours. I agree with u that once we are awake and aware of wat causes us to overeat that's wen the excuses need to start to reduce and instead just like u hve done we need to start to implement strategies to change our behaviours and habits. As always mads you nailed it!!! It strategies are full proof! U go gal. Xox
  • MadisonMolly2017

Focus on health
    A lot of hard work
    Redefining Self-kindness
    Daily tracking for years
    Complete self-honesty

I just haven’t given up.

@MadisonMolly2017 ur response made me lol!!! Self awareness and knowing wat leads us to over eat is all really importaint cause I believe if we are aware then thats one step closer to being able to change those behaviours. I agree with u that once we are awake and aware of wat causes us to overeat that's wen the excuses need to start to reduce and instead just like u hve done we need to start to implement strategies to change our behaviours and habits. As always mads you nailed it!!! It strategies are full proof! U go gal. Xox

Huge hugs to you @donna25trinity ! Your post made a huge difference in people’s lives - as do YOU!

Rereading my post .. it can seem straightforward & maybe a little harsh

However, I made all of these changes exceedingly slowly. And I STILL make them slowly. And they aren’t harsh. The things I don’t eat or the behaviors I no longer engage in are only put n the “do not fly zone” if I have repeatedly tried to manage them over a year or two.

At a certain point, I decided I not only wanted to be health, but I wanted it to be as easy as possible.

Using the alcoholic analogy…which is kinder for an alcoholic…having no alcohol in the house & not suggesting we meet socially in a bar or not?

I wanna spend my life doing fun things not trying to refrain from diving headfirst into a good that’s been calling out to me.

Kinder to refrain, in my situation.

My Best Wishes to Yoi!
    Maddie 🌸

PS I so wish I’d done what you are doing when I was your age. MFP, Apple Watches, these groups…I don’t take them for granted! They are saving lives. x
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,142 Member
    3/25
    Exercise: 120 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 1
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    @donna25trinity
    So I am trying again with this group & so far… even tho haven’t added consistent exercise yet. I’m already doing better. Even with the binge last night.
    I have been consistently tracking now, etc. this is good! I will get there & won’t give up.
    I will find a way to add in the exercise even with my busy stressfilled life. It has to change. I stopped questioning how could I do this to myself & how could I stop my favorite thing- exercise.
    Thanks y’all.

@Elbee1 you hve great insight into what steps u need to take to get to where u want to go. So good 4 u!!! Just so u know u are not alone alot of us hve struggled with binge eating too, it's a hard to shake but with time it def gets easier so stay strong, dnt beat urself up, be kind to urself and reach out for support wen u need too. I love how u are consistently tracking now, that will def make a world of difference! Your doing great and I look forward to hearing how u go with incorporating working out in your life style! Very exciting stage in ur life esp since u were always so active and u loved it so much!!! Xox

@donna25trinity Thanks so much for your supportive post.
    I am done with the excuses and just need "to do it".
    I will get there!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    3/25/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? No
    Calories? No
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,279 Member
    March 25, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (23 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (23 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • donna25trinity
    edited March 2022

Focus on health
    A lot of hard work
    Redefining Self-kindness
    Daily tracking for years
    Complete self-honesty

I just haven’t given up.

Huge hugs to you @donna25trinity ! Your post made a huge difference in people’s lives - as do YOU!

However, I made all of these changes exceedingly slowly. And I STILL make them slowly. And they aren’t harsh. The things I don’t eat or the behaviors I no longer engage in are only put n the “do not fly zone” if I have repeatedly tried to manage them over a year or two.

At a certain point, I decided I not only wanted to be health, but I wanted it to be as easy as possible.

Using the alcoholic analogy…which is kinder for an alcoholic…having no alcohol in the house & not suggesting we meet socially in a bar or not?

I wanna spend my life doing fun things not trying to refrain from diving headfirst into a good that’s been calling out to me.

My Best Wishes to Yoi!
    Maddie 🌸

PS I so wish I’d done what you are doing when I was your age. MFP, Apple Watches, these groups…I don’t take them for granted! They are saving lives. x

@MadisonMolly2017 Hey mads oh dear I hve just re-read my post as well and im thinking it may hve come acrross as defensive. That was sooo not my intention cos I love u big ones. He he. So sorry for that and sorry u felt the need to justify urself. Where u are is amazing my friend, its ur experience and u are well within ur rights to share that, dam scream it from a mountain top I say lol cause what u hve achieved is amazing and inspirational and is at the level I honestly hope I get to in the future. So long story short ur message was not harsh at all my dear friend insteaf it's way myself and I'm sure others here aspire to!!!! It's funny cos my cousin send me a cake 4 my bday yest and all day I was thinking about u and laughing cos u are so right that dam cake called my name all bloody day.. ha ha to the point where I gave in at night not once but 3 times lol! So u are so right if I just removed the temptation straight away it would not hve been an issue but just like an alcoholic my whole day was consumed by thinking about this silly cake in the fridge. Next time I will cut it up straight away in portion sizes and chuck it in our outdoor freezer. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    @donna25trinity
    Thanks y’all.

@donna25trinity Thanks so much for your supportive post.
    I am done with the excuses and just need "to do it".
    I will get there!

U sure will. Xox
  • MadisonMolly2017

Focus on health
    A lot of hard work
    Redefining Self-kindness
    Daily tracking for years
    Complete self-honesty

I just haven’t given up.

My Best Wishes to Yoi!
    Maddie 🌸

@MadisonMolly2017 Hey mads oh dear I hve just re-read my post as well and im thinking it may hve come acrross as defensive. That was sooo not my intention cos I love u big ones. He he. So sorry for that and sorry u felt the need to justify urself. Where u are is amazing my friend, its ur experience and u are well within ur rights to share that, dam scream it from a mountain top I say lol cause what u hve achieved is amazing and inspirational and is at the level I honestly hope I get to in the future. So long story short ur message was not harsh at all my dear friend insteaf it's way myself and I'm sure others here aspire to!!!! It's funny cos my cousin send me a cake 4 my bday yest and all day I was thinking about u and laughing cos u are so right that dam cake called my name all bloody day.. ha ha to the point where I gave in at night not once but 3 times lol! So u are so right if I just removed the temptation straight away it would not hve been an issue but just like an alcoholic my whole day was consumed by thinking about this silly cake in the fridge. Next time I will cut it up straight away in portion sizes and chuck it in our outdoor freezer. Xox

@donna25trinity oh yes, believe me, I’ve definitely done the same many times.

I do think a few friends who mostly want to eat out & chat are choosing to go out with others. It makes me sad, but I can’t be indoors - esp with folks not wearing masks anymore. I wish they would enjoy other ways we could socialize..

No apology necessary- definitely was just a thought I had that no one triggered. I know many on MFP say don’t eliminate any foods, but they may not have been obese for 4-1/2 decades with my family history & genetics. I likely DO have to do more than you & others will have to!

My husband lost half the weight I did- 35 lbs- never weighed food or tracked it.

He’s a normal weight guy at heart, a runner, and had healthy weight parents with good eating habits/choices.

So we all find our own way & I am in the stands cheering you on Big Time❣️