What is YOUR biggest regret in life?

Mangoperson88
Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
I went to Bhutan 4 years ago and didn't hike to Tiger's nest because the trail was mucky and i wear traditional indian clothes that comprises of kinda loose pyjama and i was scared i trip on it and fall into horse poo😂 :|
What's yours??

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Not specifically a regret but if I could do a redo in life, I'd do one, and only one thing differently. I'd only date non-mothers or women who didn't want to be mothers. That's because I consistently enjoy being with a non-mother more than mothers and there's more freedom to do things.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My hormones and I would've had more conversations back in my late teens.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I'm a strong believer in fate. The main things in life I'd change and my biggest regret in life is ever saying anything mean or nasty to the people in my life that I love. Other than that, zero regrets.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm also a strong believer in fate, and also that our choices are a result of environment and heredity.
  • e93marie
    e93marie Posts: 12 Member
    Not being more independent in my late teens early 20s. I was very sheltered growing up and then circumstances had me on my own right out the gate. I relied on my relationship too much to do anything and I feel it inhibited me from doing the things I truly wanted in life. Not that I regret my past relationship but it did strain it at times. I feel I'd have more personal accomplishments if I just did things on my own.
  • J_doe
    J_doe Posts: 43 Member
    I have no regrets.. I learn from my experiences, those experiences made me who I am today…

Damn it I regret everything then cause I’m a wreck 😂
  • Mangoperson88
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    I'm also a strong believer in fate, and also that our choices are a result of environment and heredity.

Same! I regret not working hard enough and concentrating on my education in high school and applying for uni abroad(preferably US) but I feel fate was against me as I had started planning my career in 7th grade but got massively bullied from 8-10th grade so that messed up my career a lot.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited March 2022
    Mellouk89 wrote: »

Same! I regret not working hard enough and concentrating on my education in high school and applying for uni abroad(preferably US) but I feel fate was against me as I had started planning my career in 7th grade but got massively bullied from 8-10th grade so that messed up my career a lot.

I dropped out in 10th grade, not an ounce of regret. Both of my parents are academics and told me I should've dropped out sooner :D . School was not for me.
  • MadRee87
    MadRee87 Posts: 227 Member
    Not finishing college...pissed away 6 years....without a degree. I am thankful for opportunities that I have earned with my career...but still wished I had something to show for these student loans.
  • Mangoperson88
    I never really had friends in life and i always managed to get into bad company where I was ridiculed and bullied a lot. I would try to break away from them, *kitten* the loneliness- there was a pedophile in my building who was completely obsessed with me so I felt the bad company kept me safe and away from him
    I just wish I had the courage to face that pos sob and go to cops rather than be a coward! Obviously I couldn't tell my self absorbed, career oriented parents all this so i suffered silently:'(
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    I regret turning down a design job that was offered to me at 23. It's all I ever wanted to do, but I'd just graduated from a school where I was trained in a male dominated field I didn't enjoy, placed in toxic work environments & I didn't last but a few yrs. I've struggled with career choices ever since.

I also wished I'd have put myself first, rather than anyone else. I've learned that only recently, but it's a bit late in life for that to have much impact.

I don't dwell on it, but it does come to the forefront once in a while.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Biggest Regret(s) ??

..... there ain't enough bandwidth here.

(or anywhere else either.)

*shrug
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Swimming in public pools.
  • kamaboko1
    kamaboko1 Posts: 28 Member
    I'll be in a better position to answer that question just before I die.
  • Mangoperson88
    My second biggest regret in life after not concentrating on my education is not marrying the man who was in love with me. He's an Indian military officer and we have lovely neighbours like Pakistan and China . Too much conflict that's why i turned him down. I've read about too many women lose their lovers/husbands to this bloody and fatal mess created by geopolitics :(
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    I won't know this until it's my final day, final hours and final breath. Until then, put the pedal to the metal and give it all you've got.