Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Not sure I want to try Pozole now ... hmmm LOL

Haha, there are likely lots of historical things that we don't know about.

I thought that you would have known this dish, being such a gourmet. Sounds delicious. Traditional Christmas Eve dinner in Mexico apparently.

I had to Google Hominy too, I had heard the word but have never had it (well, maybe I have in Mexico or somewhere, but didn't know that I was eating it). Nothing ghastly there lol, field corn treated with lye, nixtamalization. Easier to absorb the nutrients from it than regular white corn.

I am getting such an education!

When I first moved out of a big city to a small town, the library was only open 4 hours twice per week. How did we look anything up back then? Encyclopedias?
    Can't lie, I really enjoy having Google at all times : - )

I love using Google too! I remember during my childhood reading the encyclopedias on the shelf at my home ... it was the only way to find out anything.

Hominy ... guess my southern pays off on that one ... knew what it was. :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 22nd - AF - I am working a split tomorrow at the restaurant, with Foster Grant jobs before that and during my afternoon break. Planning on having a couple of drinks tomorrow night in a nice bubble bath.
    Wednesday March 23rd - 2 drinks. Long work day, it was really nice to get home and into my jammies.
    Thursday March 24 - AF - Super great weather today, went for a nice walk after work. Took a gazillion photos as usual. I will post some. Planned drinks over the weekend. Happy to hit my 16, as usual.
    Friday March 25 - Drinks, had a bunch, but kept them to 1/2 ounce each. Not sure if I will have drinks on Saturday or not.
    Saturday March 26 - AF - Walked a hydrocut, watched hockey at night. Could have had drinks, but am still trying to take some weight off, so didn't.
    Sunday March 27 - AF - Did the hour walk around Jimsmith Lake. Planned drinks before and after the Celtic Tenors Tuesday night, planned AF for Monday.

Rolling total: 18 AF days out of 27 days
  • sfharvey07
    sfharvey07 Posts: 17 Member
    March can march on out of here, and take the pollen with it!😄. Looking to do better next month (& without family visits, rodeo, anniversary, etc. it should be!)!
    A days: 14
    AF days: 13 so far & planning AF rest of this month (so should be 16 total)
    Thanks for the encouragement this month🙋🏻‍♀️
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 781 Member
    Well a bit behind but playing catch up on posts
    Not a great 3 days but I did not over do. Plus for me. Friday 2 beers, Saturday 2 Whiskey (late day), Sunday 2 beer with friends. I will be AF the rest of the Month. So I will round out with 22 AF days for the month. Acceptable for me.

@MissMay I am so glad you had a blast with your lady friends. Without a crumpled paper, elephant or another lemon. LOL B)

This week I have some projects to complete. Including ugggg, bra shopping. I hate bra shopping. As you get older things change and don't always look or act the same hehe. Ok TMI I know.

I am off to workout. 45 min of pure dumbbell strength training, full body.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 22nd - AF - I am working a split tomorrow at the restaurant, with Foster Grant jobs before that and during my afternoon break. Planning on having a couple of drinks tomorrow night in a nice bubble bath.
    Wednesday March 23rd - 2 drinks. Long work day, it was really nice to get home and into my jammies.
    Thursday March 24 - AF - Super great weather today, went for a nice walk after work. Took a gazillion photos as usual. I will post some. Planned drinks over the weekend. Happy to hit my 16, as usual.
    Friday March 25 - Drinks, had a bunch, but kept them to 1/2 ounce each. Not sure if I will have drinks on Saturday or not.
    Saturday March 26 - AF - Walked a hydrocut, watched hockey at night. Could have had drinks, but am still trying to take some weight off, so didn't.
    Sunday March 27 - AF - Did the hour walk around Jimsmith Lake. Planned drinks before and after the Celtic Tenors Tuesday night, planned AF for Monday.
    Monday March 28 - AF - Worked up in Kimberley today, took the day off of the restaurant in order to do so. Met a friend in the Platzl after completing my job. Lovely day. Thinking that I will hit 20AF this month because of the longer month. Not tomorrow though : - )

Rolling total: 19 AF days out of 28 days
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    I am feeding the PMS beast with carbs and alcohol. The nutrition counselor at work let me know a woman’s body has higher caloric needs right before her period, but this is crazy! At least two drinks Fri-Sun, and one last night after work.

This weather is crazy. Yesterday a snow squall resulted In a 40 car pileup and three deaths on one of the highways in northern PA. Yet by Thursday it will be 74 degrees!!! Meanwhile the spring flowers keep right on blooming. Hearty souls, they!

@lmlmrn how is your MIL doing?
  • Lilylady3k
    DH opened a bottle of wine last night. Would you like a glass? No not tonight.

AF once again!

March accountability: 17 days AF
    Alcohol: 11 days (23 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF
    March 8 - AF
    March 9 - wine 3 glasses
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - wine 2 glasses
    March 12 - wine 3 glasses
    March 13 - wine 1 glass
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF
    March 16 - AF (discovered a hemp oil infused fizzy beverage- great for AF night)
    March 17- 19 - wine 3 glasses
    March 20-21-22 - AF
    March 23-24-25-26 - Wine 3 glasses
    March 27- 28 - 29 - AF
  • Lilylady3k
    DH picked up 6 new bottles of wine last night. We opened one (only one!)

March accountability: 17 days AF
    Alcohol: 12 days (25 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

3/1 - 3 wine Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday
    3/2 - AF Beginning of Lent
    3/3 - AF
    3/4 - AF
    3/5 - 1 wine w/ dinner before baseball game
    3/6 - AF
    3/7 - AF
    3/8 - AF
    3/9 - AF
    3/10 - AF
    3/11 - AF
    3/12 - 2 wine (DH only bought 1 bottle!)
    3/13 - AF
    3/14 - 2 wine (DH only bought 1 bottle!)
    3/15 - 2 wine @ my sisters w/ cousins visiting
    3/16 - AF 📚
    3/ 17 - AF
    3/18 - 3 wine @ my sisters with the entire family
    3/19 - AF @ baby shower and in the evening
    3/20 - AF
    3/21 - 1 margarita 📚
    3/22 - 2 wine dining out
    3/23 - AF
    3/24 - AF
    3/25 - 2 wine
    3/26 - 3 wine