What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Got outside for a very easy 35 minute run/walk on a local trail. Took my Labrador out to run with me, knowing that we would stop running when approached by other dogs/owners. Sure enough, seeing others on the trail provided a few walk breaks to be sure I didn't overdo the run. No calf pain or soreness, so I should be able to restart short easy runs over the next few weeks.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    10 km morning walk. Took me 97 minutes.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I cycled 70km around a lovely lake and marshland yesterday while geocaching. It was sunny, great weather, perfect to get the racebike out. If not... I have some muscle problems in the thoracic spine at the moment and am getting massages. This helps. But it also loosened my muscles in the lumbar spine - and that for me always means lower back pain (the joy of being hypermobile). Basically, near the end of the ride I had to stop every 5km or less because my back was hurting so much. Ouch!
  • Mangoperson88
    yirara wrote: »
    I cycled 70km around a lovely lake and marshland yesterday while geocaching. It was sunny, great weather, perfect to get the racebike out. If not... I have some muscle problems in the thoracic spine at the moment and am getting massages. This helps. But it also loosened my muscles in the lumbar spine - and that for me always means lower back pain (the joy of being hypermobile). Basically, near the end of the ride I had to stop every 5km or less because my back was hurting so much. Ouch!

Wow!! Kudos!! You really cycled 70 kms? In a day? How many hours did it take? Do you workout like this everyday? I mean obviously that would speed up the weight loss right? I'm just genuinely curious, I hope you don't mind??🌸💐
  • yirara
    yirara wrote: »

Wow!! Kudos!! You really cycled 70 kms? In a day? How many hours did it take? Do you workout like this everyday? I mean obviously that would speed up the weight loss right? I'm just genuinely curious, I hope you don't mind??🌸💐

Well, 70km is not really that much. On a racebike you can easily cycle 20kmh, thus the trip would only be 3.5hrs long. Of course there are traffic lights, people walking on cycle paths, or the cycle path being a rubble path or a promenade, and you're slower in the end. But what I'm trying to say is that it's not really that far even though it does sound like a lot :)
  • yirara
    did one round of my current kettlebell workout with a 10k kettbell. I think I can do most exercises with the heavier weight. Will need to work myself up with clean and press, and obviously still need to work on Turkish getups with the 8kg kettbell, but otherwise things look good.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Did a bonus elliptical workout yesterday, because I needed some endorphins. :)

Today was my normal elliptical (45 min... split between Zone 2 & 3) followed by some light strength training.
  • madeleinebolt696
    madeleinebolt696 Posts: 8 Member
    I find doing light workouts work best for me. I have PCOS and I find if I am wanting to lose weight it is best for me to walk on the treadmill for an hour on incline is more effective than running for 30 minutes. I also enjoy doing fitness by Marshall sweat sessions! They are so much fun and I feel great afterwards :)
    Feel free to add me as friend- always happy to chat and meet new people
  • Mangoperson88
    I did 10.66 kms of walking today. It took me 104 minutes. I wish I couldve done a complete 11 kms but it's too hot and humid here now and my legs were killing me!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Getting really grumpy about Winter workouts. It was mostly in the 20s F today, think it hit 30 in later afternoon, but for sure below freezing. Most of the weekend's snow has melted. I try to avoid complaining about whether because why: Changes nothing. But Spring is coming late this year, and my floral Facebook memories assure me I'm not making this up.

So, a ticked-off rowing machine workout, on the short side, late in the day (9:45PM). 2 x (2500m on, 2' off/CD), then an extra 5' CD because, well, I felt like I needed it (2nd 2500m piece was a little strength-y-er). Total 6420m overall including the extra CD. This time more Z4 (about 27%), remainder Z3 and below. Peak HR at about 80% reserve, 86% max (and 1 bpm above 220-age 😆).

2500m pieces at:
    12:19.1, 2:27.8 pace, 22spm, 108W.
    11:52.8, 2:22.5 pace, 21spm, 121W.

Tested the DF, it's 100, so pretty light. (Splits and watts adjust with DF, so they're comparable across DFs).

The extra CD was timed, not a "rest interval" as usual, so I got splits and C2 calorie estimates. I'd figured I usually CD around 2:40s, 2:50s. This one was 2:51.2 pace. C2 says that's still a rate of 539 calories/hour for their imaginary 175 pound rower, and 458 per hour for me. I could do that pace for a steady hour, except for the boredom. The 2:22 pace for a steady hour, for 634 weight-adjusted calories per hour? Not so much. 🤣
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited March 2022
    On Saturday, I went climbing for 2 and half hours. I was out of form. I had new shoes, and I may have downsized too aggressively, although I'm sure I will break them in soon. I felt tired afterwards, but found the energy to do a couple of walks, ending he day on 15 miles.

I went for a hike on Sunday. It was nice, I ended up doing a very hilly 20 milers. I'd originally intended a rest day, but I got carried away.

On Monday, I was tired so treated myself to an early night.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Gym session this morning was a high rep affair. Bunch of different movements done as 20 reps x 2 sets. The sets of hamstrung curls done by lying on back, holding a bridge and using sliders to extend and retract legs almost killed me. ;)

Will do a Zwift ride tonight, probably from the FTP Booster series.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Yesterday
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Machine Pulldowns
    Machine incline press
    Seated rows
    Leg Press

Today
    Leg Press
    Machine chest press
    Seated rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Pulldowns
    Seated leg curls
  • yirara
    Getting into running again. Just 2km on a 400m track because I happened to be at a shop opposite the track.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did an HD on my 4 X 2K today. (HD is rower's verbiage for quitting -- Handle down). Haven't felt great last couple of days. Did first set at 2:04, then 2:06. Did another 1K and just didn't have anything left. Did a 1K C/D hardish unstrapped (at 80% max or so) and called it a day.

Wife has surgery tomorrow so I'll be out of pocket for like a week.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I did 186 minutes on the Elliptical for 14.25 miles.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Treadmill 5k and nothing else on this glorious day… 🌮 mofo Tuesday….. 🤣
  • Mangoperson88
    edited March 2022
    https://youtu.be/81VgTxc9nHM[

Trained shoulders today
  • yirara
    Was undecided whether to run or do strength today. Weather decided that it'll be running as the weather will not be good tomorrow. Was restless though and ran too fast. Instead of slowly building distance/time up again I went far too fast... and ran 2km again, like yesterday. Oh well.. next time. It was fun though.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    The usual: Elliptical. 45 min. HR Zone 2/3. Keep on, keepin on... :smile: