Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 - I made a request to the MFP moderators to consider switching the placement order of the heart/hug icon and the disagree icons to help eliminate the accidental selection while scrolling on a phone. You can see the request and weigh in with your thoughts here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10840601/request-can-you-switch-the-placement-order-of-the-heart-and-disagree-icons-in-the-community#
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 - I made a request to the MFP moderators to consider switching the placement order of the heart/hug icon and the disagree icons to help eliminate the accidental selection while scrolling on a phone. You can see the request and weigh in with your thoughts here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10840601/request-can-you-switch-the-placement-order-of-the-heart-and-disagree-icons-in-the-community#

Good on ya. I read the posts, and have added my comments, and would encourage others to do the same. Let's hope that this request gets a more positive response than previous ones regarding this matter.
  • IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I grew up in a spotless house. My mom would stay up late cleaning many nights. I think it set an unrealistic expectation for me as an adult. My brain got wired to think it was the way you live .... with zero clutter.

When I got married, I saw that my spouse was messy and loves clutter; i think it makes him feel good. The clutter chokes me. It can be very hard on me emotionally to live in clutter. Our dresser in our bed room is cut in half- his side is covered in receipts, papers, and everything , and my side has a picture frame and a candle. I'm sorry to vent. He's not wrong for being that way, because that's how his brain is wired.
    But for me, it's a source of discomfort seeing that junk in piles all over.

I just needed to express myself on this thread. I wont complain further, but i dream of having a clean house with only items we treasure instead of thousands of pieces of junk that isn't valued but still kept.

Have you discussed this with your husband?
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    I've had several moves recently, resulting in hundreds of bags and boxes of STUFF going to charity. I've found in the past a few things that really needed to go that I loved--and when I let go of them I never missed them. One in particular was a couch. I loved its size, shape, color which matched my art work, EVERYTHING. But it was old, had had a lot of kids and animals on it. I bit the bullet and put it out to be hauled away. Amazingly, I never missed it.

I'm mostly the same. I get rid of stuff and never miss it--but sometimes I do (Like the time I tossed an adapter because I had no idea what it was, and it turned out it went to my pretty little fiber-optic Christmas tree) so I try to be careful.
    Ditto for people who are bad for me. I try very hard to treat people WELL and when they spit in my face once too often or stab me in the back, we're through. I'm sure they find that harsh but particularly when I've tried to talk about the problem and they make it clear they'll continue, I don't really know what they expect.

I know that MY life becomes better and I'm better able to do the work I feel called to do in life.

IMO, this needs to be normalized. Just like a spoiled child won't learn if they never get "no," some spoiled adults need to learn you can't treat friends badly and still have friends. (obviously there is nuance. A friend in pain who snaps at you is different from a "friend" who is always expecting you to deal with their every self-created crisis, to throw out one example)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!