Lost?

Hi! I’ve tried many things from keto to low carb to counting calories and weight watchers. I can never lose more than a few pounds or inches. Then I stall or gain it back. I’m 30 and have PCOS, GERD, and depression. Any advice? I feel like no matter how hard I try I can’t meet my weight loss goals. I’m 5’4 and 207lbs. I would like to lose 40lbs to start with. Everyone has a different idea of what could help weight loss. I just don’t know which direction to turn.

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,815 Member
    I think you need to pick one and stick with it for at least a month. You can try plugging in your stats to mfp and try that.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    The best diet is the one that improves your health. You do have good medical professionals that assist you? I agree, this is a total cluster but take heart. Listen to your body and not what the mirror is telling you. All trendy diets focus on looking different rather than being different.

You're not going to polish up the paint but you're going to rework your engine. This is complex. It's going to take months and months to create your own positive and sustainable plan that you can live with for the rest of your life.

I would begin with portion control. Exercise is not all or nothing. All movement counts and start by walking as far you can go. Move, move, move. Don't eliminate a bunch of foods or food groups. You've said that you stall or rebound. So throw dieting out the window. Enjoy the foods you like while you count, measure and move. Once you get the wheels in motion, I believe your health will rebound.

With every passing day and year, the ground grows colder. Just keep rolling and don't stop.