Wednesdays
    Previous weight-163.4
    Current weight-161.4
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    3/29-8,991
  • angmarie28

Went to bed about 11:30 last night, but still managed to get up and workout this morning. I couldnt really run because I had a side ache, but I ran a bit and did an incline walk, then a half hour of upper body.

Booked our trip to Oregon in July, we are going to be gone for 12 days, we are taking a train there, that is a 24 hour trip, spending 10 day there, 3 on the coast, so Im going to work hard to get my body back because none of my swim suits fit, and I dont want to buy a new one, plus I want to look good on the beach, haha.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    wwzskcmns3jf.jpg

We're missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):

@seeless25
    @kerdil08
    @ewilhelm2487
    @Be_theBest_Me (hope you're feeling better!)

Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    @jessicakrall8 it seems that through circumstances beyond your control you had a day of mishaps.Dont beat yourself up gal.Tomorrow is another day !!
    I couldn't get into my Dance fit class this morning as it was already booked up.So I was on the reserve list but wasn't hopeful.This morning I got an early call to say someone cancelled YAY !! It was great to see friends again in the morning group.I forgot to set my activity watch though Der !!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited March 2022
    @jessicakrall8 - I hope you feel better about today after stepping away and enjoying a good night of sleep. From my perspective, you handled the challenges well AND it seems as though you still managed to stay within your daily calorie target. That certainly sounds like a ‘win’ in the goals category, although I understand we can meet our goals and still have a bad day emotionally.

Congratulations for starting out with a walk, which allowed you to feel an early success and probably kept you from ‘throwing in the towel’ early and sabotaging the whole day. You built resilience into your day! Then, when you had a calorie surplus, you rectified it with additional walking — another hardy congratulations for getting back up after stumbling! 🎉🎉🎉

I guess you may have learned some lessons (Are tacos a trigger?, or does being ‘treated’ to lunch lead to over-indulgence). You can probably apply whatever lesson you learned to the catered breakfast at your office tomorrow. Can you plan very small samples of multiple items, or something specific that you’re looking forward to in moderation? As my son reminds me: There’s no failing, only winning and learning!

Please treat yourself to as much kindness as you share with us. I’ll sign off with just one more quote that my Dad liked. It’s a Japanese samurai expression: Fall down seven times, get up eight. You’re doing great!!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2022
    Steps 29 March: 12.700
    Steps 30 March: 12.334
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Going to talk about the dentist, so if that triggers you, feel free to skip this post!
    ~~~
    I had an appointment at the dentist on Wednesday. I hadn't been in many years due to fear so I have basically been stressing about it for a week or two. Most dentists (that I have met) are really condescending and I hate going. I never had anything major done, just filling cavaties without sedation a few times. It was just supposed to be a check up on Wednesday and they took a couple of pictures to see what had to be done. Besides a few cavaties, she also told me they had to remove two wisdom teeth. They had come through fine, but they were so far back in my mouth, that they are impossible to keep clean so it was better to take them out. When I went to the reception to make appointments, they told me they had a free spot in an hour because someone else cancelled their appointment. Well, why the hell not. At least it would give me very little time to panic about it. So an hour later I was back at the dentist again and I got both my top wisdom teeth pulled. It wasn't as bad as the horror images my brain conjured up, but it was still really unpleasant. I think the worst is not being allowed to rinse your mouth for 24 hours and walking around with a bloody taste all day. I am also way too worried to eat solid food so I am really happy I have my mealshakes. The pain hasn't been too bad either; I took two paracetamol yesterday afternoon and 1 this morning because I woke up with a bad headache. Currently I feel fine. While I will never go the dentist without some fear, I think this appointment helped a lot. I have 2 more appointments to fix the cavaties, but they will be a walk in the park compared to having teeth pulled.
    ~~~
    I hope things will go back to 'normal' now. I was really messed up with that appointment looming and I haven't been to the gym this whole week. I just didn't want to leave my house and see anyone. I plan to go again on Monday.
    A more fun thing is that the new jackets I ordered for Tinus arrived. I really like both of them; the grey flowers will match his fur very well and the rainbow one is just super cheerful.
    Happy Thursday everyone <3

7y09ci1ep0aa.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    @jessicakrall8 - I hope you feel better about today after stepping away and enjoying a good night of sleep. From my perspective, you handled the challenges well AND it seems as though you still managed to stay within your daily calorie target. That certainly sounds like a ‘win’ in the goals category, although I understand we can meet our goals and still have a bad day emotionally.

Congratulations for starting out with a walk, which allowed you to feel an early success and probably kept you from ‘throwing in the towel’ early and sabotaging the whole day. You built resilience into your day! Then, when you had a calorie surplus, you rectified it with additional walking — another hardy congratulations for getting back up after stumbling! 🎉🎉🎉

I guess you may have learned some lessons (Are tacos a trigger?, or does being ‘treated’ to lunch lead to over-indulgence). You can probably apply whatever lesson you learned to the catered breakfast at your office tomorrow. Can you plan very small samples of multiple items, or something specific that you’re looking forward to in moderation? As my son reminds me: There’s no failing, only winning and learning!

Please treat yourself to as much kindness as you share with us. I’ll sign off with just one more quote that my Dad liked. It’s a Japanese samurai expression: Fall down seven times, get up eight. You’re doing great!!

Good morning @PatriceFitnessPal and thank you for your kind words...Believe it or not, I rarely eat tacos...I prefer burritos or fajitas from an authentic Mexican restaurant, so I was surprised, but I will say that anything "fast foodish" is a trigger when I'm stressed and tired. I think that's what happened here. I knew the caloric value of the tacos (lowest items at a Taco Bell) and knew what would fit in my day so I grabbed it before I could reconsider a big, fat burger (WHICH IS A TRIGGER).

I agree with your son...thank you again for your reply...you gave me a few things to think about and all in all, I do beat myself up too much for things I can't control. I still have dreams about taking care of my mom, forgetting her medication and such...and she's been in heaven for over ten years now. One of these days I need to forgive myself and admit that I did the best I can do in most situations.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @Pupowl — I’m so glad to hear about your successful trip to the dentist and gradually overcoming the emotions that we’re keeping you from receiving care. Good for you!

The jackets you bought for Tinus are cute and I especially like the bright rainbow one! My dog doesn’t like putting on his jacket but I think he appreciates it once he steps outside. I hope everyone sees rainbows and feels warmth this week, even if it means we have to deal with some bad weather first. It’s a good metaphor for the hard work of self improvement!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh in:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 128.0
    Current weight: 127.8

Starting weight: 168
    Loss to date: 40.2

My maintenance target is 120-130 so I’m still pushing the upper limits but my spring sports schedule started with soccer on Sunday. It was windy, cold, and the ball was moving in so many unpredictable ways because of the wind. It was really fun! Rowing starts next week so I hope the warmer weather arrives by then! Best wishes Shape Shifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2022
    I enjoy seeing messages about Shape Shifter vacation/holiday plans — e.g., @angmarie28 and @CasandraW. The Oregon trip sounds lovely and I always enjoy strolling around Williamsburg, Virginia.

A friend/ colleague was the Dean at the School of Education at William and Mary (in that area) for many years and I travel with some former colleagues every couple of years from northern Virginia to see her family. Every doctoral student who graduates gets to ring a bell on campus that was dedicated to her for the many contributions she made to preparing teachers, conducting research on learning, modernizing the classroom resources while preserving the school history, etc. She’s a special person.

I hope the weather is nice in Williamsburg. It’s been cold but there may be a few plum and cherry trees still in bloom. If you get the chance, an excursion to the Jamestown settlement might be of interest to you while you’re staying in nearby Williamsburg. During a work conference, my family stayed in one the rooms that replicated what the homes were like in the early days of the British settlers, and our boys really liked it. Enjoy your trips, and please keep sharing plans and pictures so we can continue to be inspired!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    wwzskcmns3jf.jpg

We're missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):

@seeless25
    @kerdil08
    @ewilhelm2487
    @Be_theBest_Me (hope you're feeling better!)

Jessica

Tooth is better but I gained it all back plus some. Smh sooooooo frustrated!! 1200 calories log the food drink the water! Move ya butt Lacey!!!!! I will weigh in.....might be sliding in at the last second so I can feel a Lil better about myself
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps
    3/28 7,396
    3/29 9,961
    3/30 6,150
  • angmarie28
    edited March 2022
    k7o02gst5hio.jpg

was up late with one of my kids who had an upset stomach, but still managed to get up this morning and work out.
    Today was leg day, I used to love leg day, but now its not my favorite. I tend to look forward to Shoulder/Bi/Tri day. I also hate running, but I try to run 2 miles every day I work out for health reasons.

What is your favorite, and least favorite workout
  • angmarie28
    3/30-12,558
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    k7o02gst5hio.jpg

was up late with one of my kids who had an upset stomach, but still managed to get up this morning and work out.
    Today was leg day, I used to love leg day, but now its not my favorite. I tend to look forward to Shoulder/Bi/Tri day. I also hate running, but I try to run 2 miles every day I work out for health reasons.

What is your favorite, and least favorite workout

I love walking, so that's my favorite (no secret there!), but anything involving the knees...ouch...definitely least favorite...hope it will get better in years to come as the weigh continues to come off...we shall see!
    Jessica
  • seeless25
    seeless25 Posts: 40 Member
    Seeless25
    Sunday
    PW: 209.0 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 209.2 lbs (current weight)
    LTD 14.8 lbs (optional loss to date)

I am late checking in but those are Sundays numbers -- injured the foot and had lots of cold softball games this week. I took up walking while watching a TV show - it was going great until I did it to a good mystery movie. The more intriguing the movie the faster I walked - yep I over did it and ended up injuring the foot - nursing it for the past 5 days - finally a pain free day!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    ~ Thursday / 31 March ~
    Steps: 12.098
    Protein: 46
    Exercise: none
    Calories in / out = net: 1355 / 413 = 942
    Good morning team. I had a very lazy day. It was basically raining/hailing/snowing all day which was a little weird. We had a week with 18 degree weather and now this. It's going to be -4 at night on the weekend. I hope my plants will all be fine. Tinus didn't want to leave the house at all, so I had a lot of stepping to do inside to make my 12k. My mouth feels pretty good. I think I will start trying solid foods after the weekend.
    Happy Friday everyone <3
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 226.5
    CW: 219.5

Salt detox
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 195.6
    CW: 194.4
    LTD: 12.6

I only exercised a couple of times as I focused on getting back to my usual wake up time after vacation. I've only been getting ~5-6 hours of sleep if I wake up early to exercise. I need to be more efficient with my time so that after the kids go to bed I don't have too much to do before going to sleep. I haven't been at this weight since December 2019.
This discussion has been closed.