Hello Everyone

svabney7623
svabney7623 Posts: 12 Member
Hello everyone. I'm Shauna but most call me Mom or Grammie. I'm a 59 year old Glammie of 9, so far, that started this journey Sept. 2021 after horrible lipid profile results. I've lost 31 lbs. and gotten my lipid profile within normal limits on Noom but have gotten so into my exercise and weight lifting regimen that I have changed my focus to macros with a calorie budget and ultimate nutrition. I am 4 lbs from my goal but am at a point that if I do lose a bunch more or don't lose any more at all...I'm ok with it.

My biggest goals center around sculpting my muscles and being healthy. I also want to do a pull up and have started the basic training while my husband will be building me a bar soon.

I also have MS and severe cervical/upper back arthritis. So I'm working through the pain and use a step ladder to hang on to for balance on some moves. I refuse to let them define me.

Hope to learn a bunch from you all as well as share any knowledge that I have.

Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    You are a warrior!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    Love that you're facing those challenges head on and aren't letting them define you or push you into the "easy/lazy" way of handling them (which in the end always seems to make things worse, but we humans are prone to avoiding the present pain more than the long term results).

I'm a number of years behind you, but have a few "memories" (aka injuries) that I have to work around/with, but nothing that is stopping me from what matters. At a point I am determined to not end up like my mother (love her, but she takes a victim mentality to most things in her life, including her health) so health, fitness, my racing, career, and not giving in to that lazy side is huge for me right now.
  • svabney7623
    svabney7623 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm know a lot of "victims". I've had a lot of bad happen in my life however, I made up my mind many years ago to become strong and independent because of them rather than wallow. Sounds like we're on the same page!

Taking life by the horns!