What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Ugh i bought new 'running' shoes hoping I'll start running again. I haven't ran since 2016-17. So it was a slow painful 10 km walk
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited March 2022
    Got distracted yesterday, forgot to post, did work out.

Yesterday, 3/29: 10k + 3' CD stationary bike, for a total of 11,086 pseudo-meters in 29 minutes and change, Mostly Z2, 4' Z3.

Today, 3/30: Taking it easy on the rowing machine, the usual 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), trying to stay between 2:30 and 2:35, easy pace. All three 2k pieces at 2:32.x pace, 23/21/19 spm in that order. Mostly Z3. Happy with peak HR per 2k piece 138, 138, 141, so only a small drift, dropped back to 106-107 both times during the actual 45" off during the 2' so-called off between pieces. 6,789m with the row in/out and CD.

Sometime in the last few days, I accidentally completed the Mud Season Madness Challenge at C2. That's a good sign: Usually my consistency has gone to (bleep) by March, so y'all are helping me stay on track - thanks!
    Did an HD on my 4 X 2K today. (HD is rower's verbiage for quitting -- Handle down). Haven't felt great last couple of days. Did first set at 2:04, then 2:06. Did another 1K and just didn't have anything left. Did a 1K C/D hardish unstrapped (at 80% max or so) and called it a day.

Wife has surgery tomorrow so I'll be out of pocket for like a week.

Good to know: Most of my knowledge of rowing abbreviations/shorthands comes from my coaches' training plan notations. They don't write in quitting, in plans, which is not the same as saying no one ever does quit. 😆 There may be some notational difference regionally or between the mostly-water people and the mostly-machine people, too, dunno. There seem to be regional/local difference in some common on-water terms, like the fuzziness/overlap in exact usage of "weigh enough" "let it run" and "fly".

I do know DFL. I've been DFL lots. Maybe even OTH, sometimes, though I suppose OTH doesn't apply literally to machine raciing.

(Maybe/probably other sports use those, too: Dead (bleep) Last, Over the Horizon.)

Sending positive wishes for your wife's surgery and recovery, @MikePfirrman!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Ugh i bought new 'running' shoes hoping I'll start running again. I haven't ran since 2016-17. So it was a slow painful 10 km walk

Start slowly please! There's no reason to wreck yourself. Break the shoes in easily, start slowly. If you overdo things you might end up injured. If you never walked 10km in the past few years then don't start walking 10km. Start slowly. The same with running. Don't run 10km, or 5, but start slowly and see how it goes. No reason to feel pain.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member

Definitely start with some walking. Build it up recognize the pains that could sideline you and know when to throttle back. I do a lot of jogging and on occasion I am back to walking to recover when things feel wrong. Good job on breaking in your new kicks… stick with it..
  • Mangoperson88
    mrmota70 wrote: »

Definitely start with some walking. Build it up recognize the pains that could sideline you and know when to throttle back. I do a lot of jogging and on occasion I am back to walking to recover when things feel wrong. Good job on breaking in your new kicks… stick with it..

No i walk a lot. I can walk a lot. It's just that I've been out of touch with running and the shoes were new so i felt a bit discomfort, as in, it slowed my walking too. But I'll be ok I guess.
  • mrmota70
    Wednesday is peek of the week for me I so try to get a longer jog in but wind has been a pain this week. The sun was just right and after a night of showers everything looked so nice and clean. Couldn’t pass it up. Figured the 18 mph wind were going to really be a factor. Surprisingly my times started off nicely and kept improving. It was like up and down running against gusts and then a shove from gusts on my back. Felt really good so kept adding distance. I added a 5th mile and decided to sprint the last third to finish it off.. I guess less me means less resistance. I think I’ve made my piece with wind and windy or not as long as not cold or raining I’m in.. kept the jog mostly in my subdivision.

pe00hn4joihq.jpeg

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    2 hours climbing yesterday. It was good, my new shoes are getting more comfortable. (I wasn't hobbling at the end). I got a couple of new routes. I repeated a load of harder routes. My standard fell off a lot towards the end, I guess I got pumped.
  • yirara
    Kettlebell workout. Figure 8, halo, one armed swings, weighted crunch, clean and press, turkish getup (sit up in third round), squats, swings, chest press. 3 rounds, this time with 10kg instead of 8 apart from the turkish getups. Exhausted and happy.

Reps: 648 (few less than last time due to the higher weight. TGU and Clean and Press were less)
    Sets: 27
    Volume: 6388kg :o
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Rowing
    500x4. One minute rest in between.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Elliptical 190 minutes for 14 miles.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Stationary bike again, 10k+3' CD, easy (Z3 & below, 97W on the 10k, 11,075m and 28:46 overall).
  • Mangoperson88
    10 km morning walk. Took me 95 minutes burned 660 cals.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Morning strength work with trainer, then 55 min indoor ride last night. After 10 minutes of warmup output, 8x5 minute blocks, each done as :30@240w/ then 4:30@160w.

Lap swim at noon today.
  • mrmota70
    Jogged the same 5 mile jog route from Wednesday on Thursday … in reverse. Times were a little worse. Then again I decided to go slow. Initially was going to just do 5k, but figured weekend coming some drinks and some food consumption will be happening so yeah.. may do 10k lunch jog today then a nap..
  • mrmota70
    Kept my word…

10k jog for lunch. Initially was a little disappointed. Was over 60 min for the 10k. Officially 10k is 6.21 miles. I stopped the jog and watch at 6.23 miles. If I did my math right my 10k was done in 59.486 minutes… under 1hr. 🥳

Feel free to bust ma bubble.. I’ll just push it a little next time…

First and last full miles could have been better…

xc8kodlg0rb7.jpeg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Quick workout today -- 8 X 99 seconds on Assault Bike/one minute rest. Also got in some supersets this AM. Wife is still in a lot of pain from her surgery on Wednesday, so I'm having to get in what I can while keeping a close eye on her.

By next week, she should be doing much better (fingers crossed).
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Leg Press
    Dumbbell chest press
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Triceps pushdowns
    Calf raises

• Mangoperson88
    edited April 2022
    https://youtu.be/pB4Zr9ECN1g

55 minutes HIIT session
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    @MikePfirrman - wishing a speedy recovery to your wife….

Sunny and very windy today, but decided to ride outside anyway. Full winter gear- skull cap, neck gaiter wind vest, tights, gloves and shoe covers. Needed everything I wore, since the wind would not quit. Two of us went for 30 miles @ 16.1mph pace. The wind was annoying, but I really prefer outdoor rides on weekends.
    Trail run planned for tomorrow.
  • yirara
    25 minutes running. slowly building up again.