Non Scale Victories

Replies

• luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    This morning, I got on the scale for my weekly weigh-in and went up 0.4lbs./0.18kg. Then I realized I thought nothing of it. :o Usually, I'd feel a little sad for a minute if it goes up, but today I thought nothing of it aside from the fact, "I knew this week's eating pattern was going to make the scale jump a little. I'm getting good at this."
    Have I perhaps finally ascended to the realm of acceptance I see so many people have entered on MFP?!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    That is a major victory! I sometimes achieve that level of acceptance but on the days when I don't I end up feeling disheartened and that can spill over into my day ... and we all know what that leads to.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Whatever the scale says, it sets my mood for the day!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Whatever the scale says, it sets my mood for the day!

Connie I SOOOOOOOO want that D I S A G R E E button back! Not that I don't agree that this may well be the current situation. But it is a so not good situation! AT LEAST, at the very least.... how about a neutral investigative white coat Connie scientist perspective?

Oh: Observe that hamster on the scale! I wonder what confluence of happenstance (Bella I need your poetic skills) resulted in the observed value! I will now continue on with my planned day. I bet you some other Connie would have been upset. But I am so amused by the silly scale values! :lol:

I mean, especially if you know why you're up 2lbs today (not that I know any PAV who might be)... there usually exists a reason and sometimes it is even a good one (ate biggest meal less than 8 hours ago)
  • PAV8888
    @luxia2020 you, my friend, are AWESOME this morning!
  • conniewilkins56
    I used to go to WW meetings without my bra or undies so I would weigh less….I also shaved my legs and arm pits before I went….but hey, I was usually using a fake name anyway lol….can you spell OCD?…..

My husband weighs once a week….drives me nuts….the only way I can do this is if i lock the scales in the trunk of my car…

I hate water weight and stopped up plumbing weight…..I eat too much sodium which is bad but I eat so much fiber which is good!….looks like it would balance out!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    NSV today…. I was starved as missed my lunch time …. Had my nutritious sandwich - pulled in some protein & some good grains….. bit nibbly after as not feed the hamsters since 6 am and now 4pm, spied some cup cakes, but resisted and had a couple of dried figs instead - saved a whopping 170 calories. The figs were lucious, toffee’sh and caramelly … much better than a red velvet splodge with icing spangles & stars .. honestly😏
  • lauriekallis
    Good for you, Janatki! The figs sound really good! And I imagine more nutritious too? and less triggery?
  • conniewilkins56
    I don’t think I have ever eaten a fig!….might try some!
  • PAV8888
    Good figs. Dates good too! 40g count as two bunnies! 🐰🐇🐇
  • conniewilkins56
    Everyone else in my house today ate like oinkers!….I kept my sodium and my calories under!….
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Checked my stats from doctor visits. My weight has been the same (+-2 lbs ) for over a year. I still want/need to lose 25 lbs. but just knowing I am able to maintain that hard earned lost weight is comforting.
  • lauriekallis
    That must feel good, Connie! (a bit late, I know, but sometimes I just lose threads)

Congrats, Yooly! That is a major accomplishment.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,581 Member
    Wow, that's a major victory Yooly! It must give you some confidence for the future!
  • PAV8888
    @Yoolypr ... based on percentages... that's actually the most major win and worth almost dancing in the street in celebration!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @Yoolypr ... based on percentages... that's actually the most major win and worth almost dancing in the street in celebration!

Dancing in the street is a bucket list item! I have a Brazilian friend whose uncle runs a samba school. She’s asked me often to come to São Paulo for Mardi Gras and join the family in the big parade. I will be fully clothed however. 🤗
  • lauriekallis
    No need for clothes, Yooly. You are far enough from home that you can throw caution to the wind. :)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,581 Member
    edited April 2022
    No need for clothes, Yooly. You are far enough from home that you can throw caution to the wind. :)

You'd think so, wouldn't you? However, when my husband was in high school his parents were on a naturist beach in Gran Canaria and Kim's headmaster rounded the headland on a pedalo...he spotted them sunbathing on the shore and came up to say hello (in t-shirt and swimming trunks) and chatted about Kim's report card for 15 minutes....MIL says to this day it's her most embarrassing memory. :D ...especially as they then had to admit to their sons that that's where they'd been (instead of on a tour of the island interior, which is where they'd said they'd be spending the day!)

Of course it begs the question as to why the headmaster was pedalo-ing his way past a naturist beach in the first place, especially close enough to recognise people sunbathing on the shore.