Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
kun0iyxfkouy.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs from April 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The new month's F2F Habit Tracker is ready for you to fill in your habits for April - go for it!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860958/fat2fit-habit-tracker-april-2022#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi MS... You have another new member joining your wonderful team.. Please welcome @holly2e :)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    @Cornanda I am so sorry for the loss of your pup. I am glad he lived a wonderful life with an amazing owner. He was well cared for and very loved.

I'm here if you need anything or just want to chat about him, or anything else.

Hugs to you.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossibles!! Welcome to all our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I just turned 56 last month and I live in Athens, GA with my sweet husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I work for my small church as their ministry assistant, financial secretary the cleaning lady. I also volunteer to teach with our children’s ministries, and I co-lead our women’s ministry. In my spare time, which there isn’t much these days, I love to work on jigsaw puzzles while listening to health and wellness podcasts.

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and am determined to never give up on my dream of getting to a healthy goal weight and staying there! These last few months have been hard as my husband is going through some serious health issues. Along with my new responsibilities at home and at work I haven't been very focused on myself and the weight has slowly crept back up. But this past week I’ve taken real steps to nip it in the bud and get back to losing! I’ve returned to intermittent fasting, which I do for at least 18 hours a day. I eat mostly high protein, low carb, and moderate fat. I also enjoy working out using Beachbody on Demand. My favorite workout programs are the ones that do a lot of weight-bearing exercises.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

97bi2j9xvrfs.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @Cornanda Ohhh my sweet friend! I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious pup. We all knew it was coming and I can only imagine the hurt your poor heart is suffering right now. Please be very gentle with yourself and know we are all here for you. I am praying for peace for you and for your family. <3<3<3
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    April's Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, April 3rd. Join us for the ABCs of TLC and spend some time sharing, planning and being active with the group. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860985/april-week-1-group-challenge-abcs-of-tlc#latest

Jessica
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    edited April 2022
    @missionalman Holly Joy and Timbit are too cute!!

@katmary71 huge congratulations to you for being asked to be on the board! That’s quite an honour and good for you for stepping up to take that role on! Glad you are going to have someone check into what’s going on, you need to take good care of yourself. Sounds like your brothers cat is a handful and will rule the roost while she’s there lol.

@cornanda Lisa I am truly truly sorry to hear about your pup. I know when they have been so sick for so long, seeing them finally at peace is a relief. How lucky he was was to have you all for so long and you all to have him. I always find it amazing how we always have the very perfect pet to be a member of our family. Hugs to you and all of your family Lisa ❤️

@trooworld are you supposed to go from all the way the night before until 11:30 in the morning without eating? It sounds like you had an absolutely delightful meal at the Italian restaurant, I’m with you I love Italian food too! I am a little jealous that you are able to think about pansies and violets already, I am still waiting for all the snow to disappear lol!

@bgame4, @davidji82, @tammymccrady6278 congrats on the loss!

Teresaw1020 I am so sorry that Joe is having such a hard time of it! This has got to be so hard on both of you❤️. Good for you for doing well with your eating through all of this. I find if I can get a good workout in when I am super stressed, it really is so helpful!. Hugs to you and Joe

Thanks to everyone for your kind words on my trampolining efforts! I have to be honest, I did have to take a little Tylenol yesterday when I was taking Vannie out for her walk, but it was well worth it! Lol
    The weather is warming up here and all the snow is almost gone! I went over to the farmers market, got lots of fresh veggies and I’m going to do up two quinoa dishes for the week, one Greek and one Mexican. I don’t know why but in the warmer weather I absolutely love quinoa salads! Not sure how I am going to do on my weigh in tomorrow, I didn’t eat bad this past week but I was definitely off schedule, too much fun with spring break :-) :-)
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I’m Holly, I’m 41 years old, wife and homeschooling mom of 5 kids (from 12 years old down to 1.5 years old). We live in Albuquerque, NM. When I’m not driving my kids around to all their activities, I enjoy taking walks and being in nature, reading, and spending time with friends. I love yoga and want to do it more regularly. I am learning about meditation and mindfulness.
    I am currently struggling a bit with healthy habits.
    I have used MFP on and off for many years, and have lost weight several times, especially after having babies. After my last baby, it has been difficult for me to get my healthy eating and exercise habits back. I have been trying and sometimes succeeding for awhile, and sometimes struggling a lot and gaining back. I’m the past, I have found that weekly weigh-ins are motivating for me, as well as being part of a group. So thanks for allowing me to join your team!
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 567 Member
    Username: MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 163.4
    CW (Current Weight): 162.4 Saturday forgot to check in HERE!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    PW: 144.2
    CW: 145.0 😕

I’ve posted it in the March chat and this one. I’m meant to weigh in on a Friday but I’m a bit late this week 😕
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    @Cornanda I’m so sorry for the loss of your pup I can’t imagine what your going through 💔😢.

I’ve gained again this week 😕 it was my birthday Friday and my husbands today but Monday I’m going to get back on track. I’m going out on the 1st may bank holiday and want to loose as much weight as possible by then! I’m going to try and cut out the amount of added sugar things I’ve been having lately especially coke and chocolate
  • laurelfit57
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 140.6
    CW. 142.2
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Hi Team,
    My name is Kathryn I go by Kat for short. I've been overweight since puberty. It's been a struggle, I did reach my goal weight of 145 11 years ago, then I got sick and gained 100 pounds, my highest weight was 245. I have not been able to maintain any weight loss and I'm learning how to do that using MFP. I love counting calories. I've been married 32 years and I just turned 62. We have 7 Rescue Cats that are a handful to take care of. I am Chronically ill with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and the occasional migraine and brain fog thrown in for good measure, I'm doing my best to lose weight with what little exercise and movement I can do.

Since joining MFP last August I've lost 55.8 pounds. i started at 218 and I saw 162.2 last week. I love being on this team, the support and suggestions are awesome. I feel blessed to be here.

Isn't it funny, the closer I get to my goal weight of 140 the more I want to eat at maintenance and I've been looking at all the foods I could add to a day and I'm only estimating an additional 200 calories more. I bought a large dress at Sam's Club yesterday, it was too big. Today I took it back and exchanged it for a medium. It's very light and frilly, I bought 2 colors. I have to wear long sleeves because my arms bruise so easily.

They also have excellent Beans and Spanish Rice premade that my husband found quite delectable. So much easier for me just to heat it up and he loved it. I did use my rice cooker to warm the rice. He said it is perfect!! Today I bought more and put some in the freezer.

Gas is $5.35 per gallon here and the lines are terrible.

I have not been sleeping well and it is affecting my mood along with everything else. Since I have lost weight, the shape of my face has changed, and I cannot get my CPAP mask to stop leaking. I have changed everything, replacing with all new parts a couple of times, but it still leaks. I dug around in my closet and found a different style mask, but I have to over tighten it to make it stop leaking too. I bought a new style and it leaked and I tried all the different sizes of masks and cushions it came with. On Thursday I bought the old style with a small mask, headgear and cushion. It arrived today and I just got it set up, I'm praying that it does not leak tonight. It's gotten so bad I think I will make an appointment with my sleep doctor if it leaks tonight.

Welcome new Team Members, I'm sure you will love it here I know that I do.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @holly2e Welcome to the team! :) I dabble in meditation myself. I find it helpful when I DO it, doing it is the key though. Good luck on your journey!

@Cornanda I'm so very sorry, Lisa. Even when they are so sick, it doesn't make it any easier to let them go. Please be kind to yourself and hugs to you, sweet friend.

@laurelfit57 Yep, that's the plan! I don't always make it but I get close enough to feel good about my accomplishment. Itailan is my favorite kind of food. Well, even though we have no snow, I don't know if those will be the right flowers to plant, they were a suggestion from my friend that lives in Colorado. I will check in with the staff at the nursery to see what would be best. Is the farmer's market outside? I'm surprised you still have them in the cold weather.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Congrats on the loss!

@amioc Sorry about the gain and Happy Birthday! Cutting out coke and chocolate sounds like a good plan.

Hello returning members and new members! I am one of your team motivators along with the fabulous @Katmary71! I live in Southern California with my husband and princess of a pug. I gained weight in my mid-20s after going on a medication known for weight gain + making bad lifestyle choices. I've tried various things to lose weight but the one I always go back to is WW. I am currently on WW and doing intermittent fasting. Still getting used to the fasting. In my spare time, I make artwork, do photography (and basically anything else creative), read, and sometimes sew. I've got about 80 lbs to lose.

Sunday check-in: my husband and I just got back from a nice walk. We walked about 2 miles. It was misting out, it's pretty dreary overall. It should be nice to just chill out. Here's a picture from my walk, we were kind of by the beach.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

fnp0j54gbid8.jpg
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight 258.5
    PW:254
    CW:255
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ks0ey57ugxpg.png
    9z8i10vvdd1y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    3zukgpttl8r2.png

By Pounds
    5r6zirom7i5n.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    657tsnwwd01f.png

By Pounds
    b8lwr6bqd01f.png
    nd6z6oyu888i.png

Team Winners
    493xukneokzq.png
    tdfx9faxy3eh.png
    2vi2cviphoey.png
    m0hq3r86y1wk.png
    nlleko39cm80.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

77hchf3mtnbq.png
    1etbbyn6gfxm.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8xselpuku7gv.png

By Pounds
    nhpemkll0bp2.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    53lbt7z6jixm.png

By Pounds
    lrri1ebq9cfa.png
    ediwam6w0np9.png
    qh5w44kthc9c.png

Team Winners
    7cc0tfvdp4hb.png
    sb8kmxp2pcpk.png
    8267hqvyw6xa.png
    spdgnhedj5sm.png
    a30vshsnogj3.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Wahhoooo on the Slimpossibles coming in 3rd place this week! Let’s see if we can do even better for April! :grin:

@laurelfit57 Glad you had fun trampolining and I’m sure it was all worth it. :grin: I once made quinoa for us and hubby told me not to do that again. I need to try it out somewhere so I can taste what it’s supposed to be like. :)

@holly2e Hello and welcome to the team! Wow, 5 kids and you are homeschooling them. I know lots of homeschool moms and how hard you work. It’s great that you can take some time for yourself, and yoga is a great way to do that. We are all here to support and encourage you in your health journey. :)

@amioc happy belated birthday! If you cut out that extra sugar it will totally help you in your weight loss. I know it does for me. ;)

@trooworld ohhh that pic is beautiful! So jealous that you get to walk with a view like that. Lovely!! <3

Hi Team! Today has been a typical Sunday. We went to church this morning and then I spent the rest of the day at the computer getting work done. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and housecleaning. I also need to start a new Beachbody program and have decided on 21 Day Fix. It’s an oldie but a goodie!! I’m waiting for the new one called Job 1 to become available to everyone and 21 DF is just a three-week program. Of course, with my life and schedule, I’m sure it will be dragged out for 6 weeks. :D
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL[/b]
  • laurelfit57
    Welcome @holly2e! You are one very busy woman!

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO congrats on the loss!!

@amioc sorry about the gain, but I a very big happy birthday to you!

@trooworld you always take such lovely pictures! It looks like your walk was beautiful

@TeresaW1020 We were in South America a few years ago and they use quinoa a lot there! I really got into how many different ways it can be used, really do enjoy it now! Glad you are getting into your Beachbody workouts again, I remember you talking about them!

I have to admit, I was pretty surprised with my gain this week. Once I actually thought about it and held myself accountable I realized, I was ball parking way too many things and I was definitely not drinking enough water! This week I am going to be tracking everything and measuring everything. I am so close to being done I have got to get back on track!
This discussion has been closed.