Need a low -Cal, low-carb shrimp recipe

Beckmann0408
Beckmann0408 Posts: 4 Member
Hello all! I am wondering if anyone here has a low-calorie, low-carb shrimp recipe they would not mind sharing? I looked online, but most of them are not low calorie, low carb. Appreciate anyone's help! Thanks!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Cambodian shrimp lok lak. Traditionally made with beef steak, but is also made with chicken or shrimp. Rice and a fried sunny side up egg are optional additions. I often have the fried egg and skip the rice, and don't mice it.
    https://www.196flavors.com/cambodia-lok-lak/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Here's a version with less oil. Quite similar to the version I learned in a cooking class while on vacation in Cambodia.
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/cambodian-lok-lak-50012663
  • Beckmann0408
    Beckmann0408 Posts: 4 Member
    Acpgee-thanks!
  • luvleanatasja
    luvleanatasja Posts: 3 Member
    Check out my recent post - I have recently posted a low carb recipe.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited January 2022
    Ceviche! I’m sorry I don’t have a recipe handy as I usually just throw it together after having made it so many times. It is definitely low calorie, low carb, and delicious! I usually eat it on top of tostadas.
  • rymea
    rymea Posts: 16 Member
    Here is a recipe we LOVE, "Mussels Magnifico". Obviously it is for mussels but it is just as good with shrimp or both. We always used both. The recipe is on the package of Sam's Choice frozen mussels,(Walmart) but I've tweaked it just a little.
    1/2 c olive oil
    2 tbs. chopped garlic
    1 large onion minced
    1 can petite diced tomatoes
    1 tbs. Knorr tomato bouillon
    12 oz. frozen raw deveined tail off shrimp - thawed
    plus
    1 pouch Sam's choice fully cooked mussels- Walmart
    1 cup dry white wine
    3 tbs chopped fresh parsley
    Sauté the onions in the olive oil until soft. Add the garlic. Add the wine, tomatoes & parsley. Bring to a simmer. Add the mussels and thawed shrimp.
    Simmer gently about 3 min.

If you can have a few carbs it's really good over 8 oz. of pasta. It would easily serve 4 at about 725 calories each.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25859/jumbo-shrimp-and-asparagus/
    I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds yummy and I plan to make it next week.
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    https://cooktoria.com/creamy-spaghetti-squash-with-shrimp/

15grams net carbs per serving (4servings) ... I don't do keto, but I still like it
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    10 ingredients
    Seafood
    1 pound jumbo shrimp, jumbo
    Produce
    2 tbsp Cilantro
    4 cloves Garlic
    1 tsp Lime, zest
    3 Zucchini, medium
    Canned Goods
    1/4 cup White wine or chicken broth or shrimp broth or vegetable broth
    Condiments
    2 tbsp Lime juice
    Baking & Spices
    1 pinch Red pepper flakes
    1 Salt and pepper
    Dairy
    2 tbsp Butter
    closetcooking.com for cooking instructions.

I dont recall the exact calories per serving but I am pretty sure it came in under 200 calories x2. I ate two servings. My suggestion is to double the zucchini, as it just wasnt enough (thats why I ate 2 servings).

Also if you have a salad spinner, spin the zucchini to get the water out of the zoodles so it doesnt water down your sauce. I used white wine vs chicken broth and it was so delicious.

I will be making this again soon!

BTW this was found on pinterest. They have so many recipes.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    One of the tastiest one-serving meals I make for myself uses 1 serving each ... pasta, shrimp, pasta sauce, shredded cheese ... Just cook the pasta, add the shrimp to the boiling pasta just long enough to cook it, drain everything and return to the pot, add the sauce and top with the cheese, cover the pot and put it back on the stove to warm through and melt the cheese. Serve with a side salad and you have a nice dinner for one. No recipe required ... just some simple ingredients put together and actually using only 1 cooking pot. ...
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Snap the woody ends off 1 lb fresh asparagus and discard, toss asparagus on a sheet pan w/ one Tbsp, olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh squeezed lemon juice, zest from the lemon (zest it first), 1/2 Tsp. Salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp. Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning mix, red pepper flakes to taste, roast in 400F oven for 10-15 minutes (checking and stirring half way through )time is depending on size of asparagus and desired doneneness. Allow for 3-5 min final cooking time together with shrimp which your will put on in next step.

Meanwhile clean and shell/devein 1/2 lb large shrimp and toss in a bowl making another of the same mixture of oil, lemon juice and herb seasoning as you did for asparagus. Pull out sheet pan from oven & stir/flip asparagus, lay shrimp on top and cook for 3-5 minutes until shrimp are just opaque, slightly pink, and cooked through. Don’t overcook. They need not be curled into tight little balls and hard as rocks!

I like this over a salad that has some citrus and avocado or maybe feta and a couple of olives or with cous cous or quinoa or farro.

As outlined it should serve at least 6 but you may have hungrier or less hungry eaters to feed. Since the only cooking is to toss asparagus and shrimp with some olive oil, lemon juice and basic seasonings, I don’t really consider this cooking, and you can measure everything including the seasonings and fats to taste and dietary preferences and it can just as easily be made for one person or twelve— measure it only to record it for MFP purposes ….
  • MaggieLewIsAwesome
    MaggieLewIsAwesome Posts: 1 Member
    I've had this one for a couple lunches this week! The slaw recipe is linked on the page in the comments. I doubled the serving of the slaw for more volume/veggies, but only used half the dressing. With shrimp, I think this is like a 200 calorie meal, the way I prepared it (without avocado).
    https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/269254/spicy-slaw-bowls-with-shrimp-edamame/?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-recipe&utm_content=20220402&utm_term=269254