Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
kun0iyxfkouy.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs from April 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The new month's F2F Habit Tracker is ready for you to fill in your habits for April - go for it!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860958/fat2fit-habit-tracker-april-2022#latest
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2022
    Welcome to all the new members! My name is Patrice and I joined the Fat2Fit group in June 2021 (with sign up at the end of May) so I’ve been a member for almost a year.

After building the habit of tracking my nutrition and exercise using MFP, I lost about 30 pounds between March 2020 and May 2021, but I still had about 10 pounds to lose in order to reach my most comfortable weight — 125. So, the support and accountability of this group seemed to fit my needs in moving from 135 to 125. Since I didn’t have too far to achieve my goal weight, the progress felt really slow — though normal, of course! I met my goal in late September and moved to the ‘Goal Zone’ to continue building key habits for maintaining my weight between 120 and 130, ideally staying as close to 125 as possible. I’m still practicing!!

During the winter, I’m less active but my masters (aka — old people) soccer team started last Sunday, and my rowing group begins on Monday this coming week!! 🎉💗🎉 I’m from Boston, originally, so the water is my happy place (though my fair complexion needs vigilant protection against the sun)! The river here in Alexandria, VA - where I live now - doesn’t quite compare to the ocean, for me - but I’m thrilled to have found the sport of rowing at 50 years old (after my son’s high school crew team invited parents to try it). My younger son enjoyed (American) football so sweep rowing (one oar; 8 rowers and a coxswain) and sculling (two oars) seemed more reasonable for me to join! 😉 I’m 55 now and my sons (ages 20 & 21) are both in college so I’ve increased my fitness level a bit now that my days are more flexible.

I’ve experienced a lot of transition so I’m still settling into some work life changes and ‘empty nest.’ I started my own small consulting company just before the pandemic and my husband also started a business after retiring a short time later. With two sons in college, it was a bit scary but things are coming together! My weight has creeped up during the winter. I participated in a winter conditioning session with the rowing group a couple of times per week and definitely feel stronger but my cardio has decreased significantly. Right now, I’m at the high end of my maintenance target at 127-128) so I’m hoping that trend upward moves swiftly in the other direction now that rowing season is here!

I’m off to work on my ‘empty nest’ decluttering task now so I’ll sign off. It’s a major one after so many years of busy family schedules - and I try to spend one week a month in Boston caring for relatives there so my siblings get a break - but we’re slowly making progress clearing out old items, etc. I wish all my fellow Shape Shifters the best in this self-improvement journey. We all have different goals but we can support one another along the path. It’s wonderful to have company and accountability— go get those goals!

Let’s each try our best to be the person we want to be!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    ck5kpt56xi16.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or TheMrWobbly) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    dn65s3m23amr.jpg

@Stefbomb2020 Welcome to the team!! Hope you find this team to be as supportive as I've found it to be over the past few years. When you get a second, introduce yourself and tell us a little about what you hope to achieve in April and beyond! Look forward to celebrating successes with you along the way!!!

If you have any questions, post to the chat thread and the new thread for April should come out later today. Again, WELCOME!!

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    April's Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, April 3rd. Join us for the ABCs of TLC and spend some time sharing, planning and being active with the group. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860985/april-week-1-group-challenge-abcs-of-tlc#latest

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    i4w5x4ui9zsr.jpg

Now accepting sign-ups for our monthly Step Challenge for the month of April! If you're a Fitbit, Garmin or Apple Watch junkie who loves walking challenges, join us and give yourself an extra boost to compete against others on the team for weekly and overall top 3 of the group for step count. It's a great way to compel you to move more and just generally be more active.

I've just signed up for a 5k race the weekend of May 13th so I'm looking forward to gearing up for that. Also, I've set a personal goal of 42 intentional walking miles for the month of April. All of this will push me to do a little more this month.

How can I join, you say?!! Just post a message saying "SIGN ME UP CAPTAIN!" and tell me your first name (for the chart), share your daily step goal you've set for yourself AND tell me your favorite place to go walking. What have you got to lose?! (pounds, stress, etc)... :smirk:

Jessica
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @jessicakrall8, please sign me up for step challenge again. My goal is 7500/day. I enjoy walking in my neighborhood primarily to decompress and enjoy nature but also helps with my weight loss goals.
  • jessicakrall8
    ac204 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8, please sign me up for step challenge again. My goal is 7500/day. I enjoy walking in my neighborhood primarily to decompress and enjoy nature but also helps with my weight loss goals.

@ac204 On weeks where life gets in the way of your walking goals, you have to get a little creative with getting your steps in...try to plan ahead knowing things are going to be crazy...walk before work at least 15-20 minutes. Use breaks to get in steps around the office or outside in the parking area (I used to walk to aisles of our parking lot twice during my 15 min breaks). When you're at home in the evenings and watching tv, walk in place while watching your favorite show. Walk around your house and create challenges for yourself (walking things to the laundry room one item at a time; taking dishes to the kitchen one item at a time, use youtube videos as there are lots of them for walking to help you get 1-2k steps in, turn on your favorite songs, CD, radio, sirius XM station and dance or walk in place...makes time fly and really ups your step count). Hope these suggestions help a bit. Got you down for April's step challenge!

Jessica
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    April 1 6020
    April 2 7591
    Shelley
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Step Challenge
    6,000/day
    It's still winter in WI w/cold & snow on ground so not walking outside- I get my steps in through my bike inside
    I signed up for 5k/3mi walk on 4/30 for pancreatic cancer in honor of my husband - his surgery is next Wednesday taking his spleen and 1/2 of his pancreas to get the tumor out - my weight has not been good since I've been stressing about it
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps
    4/1 4,793
    4/2 7,451
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    4/1: 12,432
    4/2: 10,370

Name: Cindy
    Daily step goal: 8,000
    Favorite place to walk: park down the street and battlefield, or inside when weather is bad.
  • jessicakrall8
    @LaurieWrobo Praying that your husband's surgery is successful and peace over you so your stress levels are reduced. I can only imagine what you're going through...kudos to you for keeping your head above water and still taking time to walk and care for yourself. Good luck on the 5k as well on 4/30! I'm signed up for one on May 13th...looking forward to it.
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Hello Shape Shifters! Time to get ready for another month. My name is Laura and I live with my cat Tinus is a small town in the Netherlands. I like to go for walks in the national park nearby, I read a lot, love to sing, take pictures of nature, do the occasical jigsaw puzzle, play video games and spoil my cat a lot. My weight loss has been going well until January but since then I have been going up again. I have been doing my best to sort this out with not much success. Mental health has been kicking my butt the past few months which makes things really difficult. I currently have no idea how I will go back to losing, but I will do everything I can to get back on track.
    Main things for this month is going back to the basics.
    • Under 1200 calories
    • 12.000 steps
    • Drink +3 liters of water / tea
    • Sleep at least 8 hours
    • Get in 4 intententional workouts a week
    I also need to pay attention to when I eat. If I wait too long and get hungry, I am 90% more likely to make bad food choices. I will try a schedule where I eat 4 times a day, every 1,5 to 2 hours. No visits to the grocery store on an empty stomach. No ordering food; I have websites blocked already, but sadly this isn't possible on my phone. Instead I will put my phone somewhere far away between 14:00 and 18:00 which is generally when the trouble begins. I hope all these things will help me get back to where I was.
    Please note that I read in the group daily but due to my chronic fatigue and depression I don't always have the mental energy to reply. I am sorry for that. I do appreciate everyone who responds to my posts and I will try to be better with this.
    I wish everyone an awesome April! <3

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ks0ey57ugxpg.png
    9z8i10vvdd1y.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    3zukgpttl8r2.png

By Pounds
    5r6zirom7i5n.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    657tsnwwd01f.png

By Pounds
    b8lwr6bqd01f.png
    nd6z6oyu888i.png

Team Winners
    493xukneokzq.png
    tdfx9faxy3eh.png
    2vi2cviphoey.png
    m0hq3r86y1wk.png
    nlleko39cm80.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

77hchf3mtnbq.png
    1etbbyn6gfxm.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8xselpuku7gv.png

By Pounds
    nhpemkll0bp2.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    53lbt7z6jixm.png

By Pounds
    lrri1ebq9cfa.png
    ediwam6w0np9.png
    qh5w44kthc9c.png

Team Winners
    7cc0tfvdp4hb.png
    sb8kmxp2pcpk.png
    8267hqvyw6xa.png
    spdgnhedj5sm.png
    a30vshsnogj3.png
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    7a3z1ntgc71p.jpg
    CONGRATULATIONS Shape Shifters!!

CONGRATS also to all winners and honorable mentions! Great job!
    Jessica
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Jessica - I had missed s Monday weigh in so I weighed in on Friday when I remembered. Then I figured I'd weigh in on Friday, since I did it the week before. I can either weigh in tomorrow(Monday) and keep my day or you can move it to Friday, whichever works.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    Jessica - I had missed s Monday weigh in so I weighed in on Friday when I remembered. Then I figured I'd weigh in on Friday, since I did it the week before. I can either weigh in tomorrow(Monday) and keep my day or you can move it to Friday, whichever works.

@ewilhelm2487 Hey there...

I think the day you missed was for last week and you're not dropped when you miss just one week (only when it's two in a row), so go ahead and weigh in tomorrow and don't forget to report it. I send out reminders in the chatroom, so try to watch for anything from me where you're tagged. Hope you're having a good weekend! I'll watch for your post tomorrow.

Take care,
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Steppers...take a look at the chart below...please post your steps to fill in for any of the zeros please...I would like to close out March, announce our winners and then we can concentrate on April. Thanks!

62n0dldfmpge.png
This discussion has been closed.