What's On Your Mind Today?

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group for help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    @jmu1965

Kefir is probably great for your recovery (I am assuming you received some pretty heavy duty anti-biotics for your sepsis) because it is a great source of probiotics. I hear it is quite easy to make your own, although I haven´t tried it due to sensitivity to milk. I would encourage you to think about consuming it often.

Many of the researchers on the gut microbiome talk on YouTube about their preference to get their probiotics from fermented foods. Behind the spoiler is a video I thought was really good on gut health where the researcher talks about how to build and repair the gut.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    @jmu1965

Have you tried kombucha? We love it and it is easy to brew. I personally love the carbonization and flavors as well as the health benefits. Since Christmas, we now have two homemade continuous brew systems of 2 gallons each so we have a continuous supply.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @lesdarts180 Nice bike!! I'm excited, but trying to hold off and do a little more research before I make a purchase like that. Thanks for sharing the photo of yours tho!
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 968 Member
    @ideas2 I have only tried a sip of Kombucha a few years ago. I will have to try it again. I have also seen that I could make water kefir.
    Thank you for sharing the video. I will finish today.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    Love this question @lodilas and reading the responses of others - so thank you! 🌷

My goal for April is to raise the number of kilometres I walk each day. I have been tracking daily data for exercise minutes, active minutes, steps, and kilometres in a spreadsheet for a few months. The wild card seems to be kilometres. 🤷🏼‍♀️ One of my longer term goals is to be able to walk a half marathon. Kilometres walked is the measure I will focus on for April. I’ll learn more as I push myself and that will help me determine how I could accomplish the longer term goal.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,087 Member
    @jamcnewman Love that goal! Something I'd enjoy doing myself. Good plan for April Julie!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Oh, poor doggy 😊