Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    Congrats @aactuallyaash @MeowScout @Megan_smartiepants1970 @peng123 @gharvey2753 for being our top weight losers
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Congrats @aactuallyaash @MeowScout @Megan_smartiepants1970 @peng123 @gharvey2753 for being our top weight losers

Outstanding!!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I don’t know if I’d be a good candidate for the steps challenge or not? My step count can vary widely, and I can’t always push it. I always give best effort, but sometimes that’s 1,500 and sometimes that’s 8,000. Would that throw off your stats?

@Cheesy567 if you would like to participate in the step challenge .. Just give me a step pledged that you think you can hit daily and post your steps in our chat either daily or weekly ... Also I can convert most exercise into steps for example your ellipitical :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Ok, I’ll pledge 3500 per day and maybe increase per month if I’m hitting it most days. My step counter catches the elliptical and most of my activity that counts, I’ll list anything else. Thank you!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Happy Sunday and happy start to a new month! Still fluctuating between the same 5 lbs, which is sooo frustrating. I’ve been walking (mostly getting my steps in), drinking lots of water, watching food intake, and still these 5 lbs are hanging around. I can’t get out of the 160s!

PW: 161.4
    CW: 161.4

Steps for this week:
    3/27: 2,939
    3/28: 9,592
    3/29: 7,791
    3/30: 7,695
    3/31: 8,764
    4/1: 5,582
    4/2: 4,625
    4/3: 4,100

Hopefully I get out of the 160s eventually.

We’re on spring break this week, so I definitely have to push myself a little bit more to ensure I stay on track. I will also (hopefully) have the energy to check-in, and post a couple times!

Have a great week, everybody!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member

Thank you so much Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

Outstanding!!

Thanks Cheesy567 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I was hit with a migraine today ... didn't do much other than napppppp... Walking early in the morning ... going to my Dr appointment at 11:30am curious to know about my labs... Really curious what it will be in 3 months since I am back on IF and doing Keto :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. It's time to wind your weekend down and ramp up your work week routine.
    Check in for 4/3:
    Steps - 6246 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 1684. Good amount.
    Exercise - gym tonight after dinner. Only 7 machines and 20 minutes bike. Got chased out by the staff. They wanted to go home, for some reason.
    Hopefully I will get a walk in the morning and go learn pickleball with old people.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member

Amazing work, good job!

Good morning all. Happy Monday from me. Hope you all have a great week ahead. I'm getting off to a good start with scales down 3.8lbs. Just need to stay on track and with it!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member joining us ... Please welcome @perryjuneamber :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    roz0810 wrote: »

Amazing work, good job!

Good morning all. Happy Monday from me. Hope you all have a great week ahead. I'm getting off to a good start with scales down 3.8lbs. Just need to stay on track and with it!

Thanks Roz...Good Morning ...Great job on being down 3.8lbs :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We are off to go walking :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    red1185 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday and happy start to a new month! Still fluctuating between the same 5 lbs, which is sooo frustrating. I’ve been walking (mostly getting my steps in), drinking lots of water, watching food intake, and still these 5 lbs are hanging around. I can’t get out of the 160s!

PW: 161.4
    CW: 161.4

Hopefully I get out of the 160s eventually.

We’re on spring break this week, so I definitely have to push myself a little bit more to ensure I stay on track. I will also (hopefully) have the energy to check-in, and post a couple times!

Have a great week, everybody!

The question I am asking myself this month are there any small changes I can make each week to help reduce my calories to help with weight loss. This week I am changing my bread. It saves me 100 calories for 2 slices of bread. Are there any small changes you can make this week?

I was hit with a migraine today ... didn't do much other than napppppp... Walking early in the morning ... going to my Dr appointment at 11:30am curious to know about my labs... Really curious what it will be in 3 months since I am back on IF and doing Keto :)

Feel better. I would think your A1C should have improved with all the weight you have lost. Let us know what it is.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. It's time to wind your weekend down and ramp up your work week routine.
    Check in for 4/3:
    Steps - 6246 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 1684. Good amount.
    Exercise - gym tonight after dinner. Only 7 machines and 20 minutes bike. Got chased out by the staff. They wanted to go home, for some reason.
    Hopefully I will get a walk in the morning and go learn pickleball with old people.

I never heard of pickle ball until I moved to Ontario. Enjoy it tomorrow. I think it would burn lots of calories.

roz0810 wrote: »

Amazing work, good job!

What a great way to start your Monday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2022
    ✅Steps 14,211

I have two doctors appointments this morning. The first is on the phone followed by an in person at the spine center. I think the doctor there will go into more details of my appointment I had with the neurologist is March. I am hoping she can give me some idea how long I will wait for my surgery referral. I am aiming to go to the pool when I get back. I will have 2 days off later in the week as I am going away so I can’t miss today. I am off to get some housework done while waiting for the phone appointment. Of course, they gave a timeline of 9 to 10:30.
  • lindamtuck2018
    We have another new member joining us ... Please welcome @perryjuneamber :)

Welcome to the team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    I read this quote the other day and it really hit home. My anxiety quite often interferes with my weight loss goals so this really applies to my life. I know a few of you have mentioned dealing with anxiety in the past so I thought I would share it.

Your anxiety is tricking you into thinking you can’t. Remind yourself you can.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/3
    Step count 7105
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Feel better. I would think your A1C should have improved with all the weight you have lost. Let us know what it is.

I definitely will let you know ... :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Monday, Downsizers!! Here's my check-in:

4/3:
    Calories: 1,184
    Exercise: 4-mile walk/jog and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 14,334

Things are crazy at work today so I won't be able to drop by as much as I would like to - I hope you all have an amazing day!!

Cara
This discussion has been closed.