What's on your mind?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,167 Member
    Recovering from 10 broken bones & will be unable to work for a couple of months. To prevent myself from focusing on pain (I'm currently up at 3:30am in pain, so I guess it can't be helped at times), I'm wondering on what to learn in my recovery time... advanced MS Office, computer language, management skills?

I don't have a job waiting for me, so it might be wise to learn something new. I also need to learn to relax... I feel guilty watching a movie... I always feel the need to be working, at something.

Well, my mind is racing, I'm freezing & need to turn on the heat & I guess I'm up for the day... gonna make an espresso, turn up the heat & try to figure out the reason for my existence & job path.

Fingers crossed...
    Have a great week, All!

Yikes hope you feel better soon

I had shoulder surgery a little while ago and got this machine that did compression and ice. It was a godsend cause I hate taking pain meds. Maybe a dr can prescribe something like that to help out? Or maybe just a struck regime of icing
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @ChillTheBathWater Yikes, 10 broken bones? Hope you heal faster than you think and without any issues.

TY, kindly. Well, faster is 18-mos... full recovery is 24. I'm entering month 3... gonna be a long haul. It's painful, but I seem to be moving ahead sans major healing issues.
    Recovering from 10 broken bones & will be unable to work for a couple of months. To prevent myself from focusing on pain (I'm currently up at 3:30am in pain, so I guess it can't be helped at times), I'm wondering on what to learn in my recovery time... advanced MS Office, computer language, management skills?

I don't have a job waiting for me, so it might be wise to learn something new. I also need to learn to relax... I feel guilty watching a movie... I always feel the need to be working, at something.

Well, my mind is racing, I'm freezing & need to turn on the heat & I guess I'm up for the day... gonna make an espresso, turn up the heat & try to figure out the reason for my existence & job path.

Fingers crossed...
    Have a great week, All!

Yikes hope you feel better soon

I had shoulder surgery a little while ago and got this machine that did compression and ice. It was a godsend cause I hate taking pain meds. Maybe a dr can prescribe something like that to help out? Or maybe just a struck regime of icing

TY, kindly... hope you're all healed.

Compression is painful (I can't even wear certain clothing... coat, bra, shirts with too much stretch, as they're too tight and/or press too hard on my shoulder) & the ER dr said ice won't help after the 1st few days... depends on injury. We've had different diagnoses, I'm sure.

Drs can't prescribe anything cuz I don't have one... the worst is I'm stuck w/out health insurance... I'm $150K in debt, so far... all bills haven't trickled in yet. If I want to see the ortho, I have to pay $30K upfront (what I owe from the ER + $580 for each appt + xrays & CAT scan). I never could afford any follow up visits or the testing they required... so, I'll just have to hope I heal on my own, unless I qualify for financial aide, which won't help cuz I also had to move out of state... my lease ended & where I was living is too $$$.

I see healing in the long term & bankruptcy in the short term. Frightening as I'm a renter... I may be stuck in my new apt for a long time, since LL's don't need to rent to those with ruined credit.

Everything crashed to the ground in one fell swoop. My mngmt career may be ruined as with a bankruptcy, you're not trusted handling budgets. It's a scary time.

Long story, no more complaining. All I can do is keep forging ahead. I have enough savings to last for the 2-yrs only, but after that, I'm flat broke & at an age where retirement should be not too far ahead. No family or friends, so this is bloody overwhelming.

In any event, it's best not to dwell on it anymore. It makes me just stay in bed for days, in pain, thinking morbid thoughts, like the last few days.

All will be well in the end. Nothing else to do but wait it out & hopefully, be able to get some sort of job working from home at the end of April. Fingers crossed.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    For some reason I'm smelling fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

Is that a sign of a stroke?
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2022
    glassyo wrote: »
    For some reason I'm smelling fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

Is that a sign of a stroke?

I'd say craving... or, you live on top of a bakery.

I'll gladly trade your olfactory hallucination for my usual... cig smoke or chemicals. Since I don't live next to a Dow chemical plant & have never smoked... I read that it can be blocked sinuses that a Neti pot can help clear or a mineral deficiency.

Bet those little kids in grammar school who sucked on pennies don't have that... I should have been one of those kids, who never listened & had a penchant for shiny coins.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'll gladly trade your olfactory hallucination for my usual... cig smoke or chemicals. Since I don't live next to a Dow chemical plant & have never smoked... I read that it can be blocked sinuses that a Neti pot can help clear or a mineral deficiency.

Idiopathic intracranial hypertension or psuedotumor cerebri can cause people to smell smoke. It often impacts overweight women starting in their mid 30's so thought I'd mention it in case you fall into that demographic. It's caused by too much spinal fluid around the brain and it presents with similar symptoms like a brain tumor...headaches, light sensitivity, blurred vision. Some also hear a whooshing or ultrasound noise in their ear. They are such strange symptoms impacting vision, hearing, and smell that doctors don't usually put it together. The first test is usually an eye appointment to see if the optic nerves are elevated.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,436 Member
    c5wxos2u1lvl.gif

I just saw the bullet and I feel so incredibly lucky to have dodged it.

Like the Twilight Zone
    (insert music),
    creepy
    🫣
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Nothing is on my mind. It feels like it's been paralyzed
  • honey_honey_12
    Will I ever manage even “kind of” normal sleep habits again in my life?
  • honey_honey_12
    Where have all the people gone?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Y'all, there's some crazy peeps around

I know.. but we luvs her anyway 🤣🤗😙🥰
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    There are some really horrible people in this world. Trying to be one of the better ones
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    There are some really horrible people in this world. Trying to be one of the better ones

You are succeeding 🙂🤗
  • Alinouveau2
    Why wouldn't you deal with a garbage smell when selling a house...some air freshener might help...unless it's a bigger issue
  • ReenieHJ

Same place as the flowers I'd assume.

For those who don't get the reference, there used to be a song. Being an oldie, it's now stuck in my head. :)
    There are definitely many people who don't come around as much as they used to or at all. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    edited April 2022

That's all we can do. It amazes me the things human beings are capable of; how can a person treat another person so destructively without remorse? I need to focus more on the good ones and not the crazy dysfunctional ones who clearly need to move to a different galaxy, far far away.
  • ReenieHJ
    I can't wait until the snow is all gone, mud has dried up a bit more and I can don my high rubber boots, waterproof gloves, tote my contractor's garbage bags and pick up trash. It always amazes me the amount of trash that has been hiding beneath the snow. :( And every year it seems worse. :(
  • glassyo
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Same place as the flowers I'd assume.

For those who don't get the reference, there used to be a song. Being an oldie, it's now stuck in my head. :)
    There are definitely many people who don't come around as much as they used to or at all. :(

btothvy4pmre.jpg

• Alinouveau2
    What I'm going to do with all this junk
  • glassyo

3 boxes. Donate. Sell. Throw Away? :)
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,668 Member

Did you find a house you liked?