Team: The Slimsons (April)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to April!!

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 I will be your captain for this month, which means motivating and keeping track of your weight. I am 43 yrs. old, been on this journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle, but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

A little about me: I have always been obese since the age of 8 weighing 176lbs. Even with parents and doctors putting me on various diets as I child.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of January😥😥), chronic pain in the back and knees.

Current Weight: 479bs
    74.2lbs and 85 inches lost overall so far.

Everyone has their own lifestyle change but mines was surrendering my will daily to my Savior and thanking Him each night for getting me though the day. Through that 1st step acknowledging I can't do this myself the Holy Spirit began urging me to change different things slowly by making one small change at a time and when I began to see results the Holy Spirit lead me to watch Documentary about animal products and how it impedes our health so I change my way of eating at least 80% following the Daniel Plan/Plant Base and it help me succeed further.

As I mention I still need to lose over 200lbs but I'm determined with my Saviors grace & mercy to continue on One day, one small step & change at a time. This past month manage to get my A1c even lower to 5.5 (it feels good to reverse my diabetes) also my hemoglobin and iron levels are rising hopefully in a couple months I'll no longer be anemic.
    Woo Hoo because of His Grace and guidance along the way HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!

Just goes to show you when you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge, your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

My Plan for Success this month:
    Surrendering to God in prayer morning & night
    • Guidance from my Bariatric Doctor & Physical therapist
    • Intermittent Fasting Window (20:4 @4x week & 23:1 @3x week)
    • 13,000 steps goal at least 5x week
    • Keep working with Physical Therapist to improve my gait & balance & hoping to go from rollator to cane device by December
    • Continue Whole Food Plant Base Plan
    • Hopefully lose 10lbs
    • 4x Zumba Chair Workout Daily so I can decrease my sedentary minutes & Aquatic Center at least 2x week every other week
    • Continue to meditate daily
    • Encourage myself DAILY not to give up & stay positive & to keep journaling & tracking

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them.

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Welcome to April and let's make things happen this month together!!

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!💪🏽💪🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33👍🏾👍🏾❤❤

• gjaholy33
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (anyone can ask the question of the week) and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: October Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to October Challenge WE CAN DO THIS!!💃🏾💃🏾👍🏾👍🏾💪🏽💪🏽
    Welcome to April and let's make things happen this month together!!

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!💪🏽💪🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria (@gjaholy33)👍🏾👍🏾❤❤
    ***Co-captain Vicky (@vicky2767)

• Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,678 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise none
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Welcome to April. My name is Vicky and I’ve been helping Gloria these past few weeks. A little about me I am 47 years old married with 2 boys (18 and 20). In 2019 I really started focusing on my health (physical and mental) and did fairly well. I lost 20 pounds and was running walking 4-6 miles 6 days a week. I felt the best I’ve felt in a long time. And then In July of that year I lost my father and to be honest have been struggling ever since. I gained all the weight I lost and then some and I haven’t been able to stay consistent with my workouts. But I’m a work in progress. And I’m determined. This year at my annual physical my cholesterol numbers were not good (not surprising) but I’m more determined than ever.
    Everyone here has their own journey. And This is such a fantastic group of people that have helped keep me going more than they know.
    Looking forward to a great April.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Daily check in
    Sun April 3
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 188.6
    CW: 188.6
    After being over the last two days, I’m happy to not have gained anything
  • KakoHikes
    Hello all! Looking forward to another month you guys and being encourage by all the effort you put forth!
    I am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

I have lost over 50lbs since I started, can now fit in clothes two sizes smaller and have lowered my resting heart rate by 20bpm. My lab results have also improved a lot. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I am now able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying, have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. My current goals are to get down to 170lbs and no longer be obese, work on being consistent with regular strength training and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

It was confirmed I can work from home 100% of the time, so that worry last month about having healthy food snacks to resist office food and donuts was not really needed… Nutrition goals this month are going to be simple, drink more water and just have one of my V8 energy juice/teas a day, or none if possible. I love them but there is so much added sugar. Just went to our great local tea store and now have 6 new black teas to try in addition to stocking up on a couple favorites. Need to have those more often for my pick me up.

Exercise wise, is going to be the same as last month, to keep on up my newish strength training/pt routine. Some weeks I have only gotten to it once. Would love to do it consistently three times a week. I really love my walks though and tend to focus on them more.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Sunday 4/3
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes, walking
  • gjaholy33
    Daily Post

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Junk/Fast food: no
    Exercise: 70 minutes of Zumba Fuzion chair workout
    Steps: 13, 356
    Water 120oz

Goals/Comments: Praise'm Praise'm
    Happy Sunday
    Day 6 of 50 days to lose 50lbs

Started drinking my water early and did 3 workouts today. Spent today working on my Daddy's memorial presentation again so very emotional and spent so only got 13,000 steps. Utilized my tools that my therapist and I came up with so did not give in to temptation today as the emotions and anxiety rose today.

Remember Self-Care and mental care is important on this journey so even if you have to take one day for yourself that's okay
    v3fjsral3jla.jpg

https://youtu.be/jiZUZfBjjbg
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 32 minutes outdoor walking
  • KakoHikes
    Sunday 04/03
    Tracked: Yes