Worst song released of all time in your opinion?

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    DD#2 gave DD#1 the William Huang CD one Christmas.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrLQUN8UJg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    *sigh* I live Video Killed the Radio Star.

Ah, you're the one...

Ugh, "love". And what can I say? I like catchy tunes. :)

(I walk for exercise so need a really good beat to help with that.)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Dream Weaver by Gary Wright

Where is that disagree button? I'd be all over it with that song choice. :)
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2022
    @ReenieHJ
    Absolutely worst song and album cover to match b3q48vsmjiy4.jpg

Edit: BTW my hubby loves this song. I can't believe we are still married.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    I'm going to say as far as cringe factor and general out of touchness [That's a word right?], this takes the cake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omEDLKS5pbY

Well. I'll never know. "The uploader has not made this video available in your country" :|
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member

Ah, you're the one...

I completely get it. When I had a Nordic Track, I used to listen to a Madonna album. Not because I like her music, but if I skied at breakneck speed for 15-min, I could miss the 4th song which was that horrible "Material Girl" tune.

It's almost impossible for me to work or walk out of step to whatever I'm listening to, which I learned when it took me 2-hrs to paint 1 wall listening to classical music... I was so relaxed, I just couldn't move my arm any faster. NIN & Thrill Kill Kult used to get me to the subway in 17-min, even on ice with wind blowing snow sideways into my face.

Have a good rest of the week. :smile:
  • RegisteredNoodle
    RegisteredNoodle Posts: 6 Member
    any song by Billy Joel, really. His voice makes me wish for a heart attack-ack-ack-ack 😏
  • ReenieHJ

Ah, you're the one...

Haha same here. I've got an old Michael Jackson CD. I have to time my walking so I can walk to Smooth Criminal and Beat It because The Man In The Mirror doesn't speed me up. :)
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Well IMO

Red Red Wine - UB40

It sounds so winy, I've hated this song since I was a kid. It's really overplayed too.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member

Going back to the mid-late 70s, so many, but every time I used to hear that awful "Video Killed the Radio Star" song by The Bugles, I'd dive at the dial to turn it off. The lyrics & message are fine, but the music makes me want to scream. The video is also terrible, but, for the youngens, they're forgiven since it was the 1st video ever played by MTV (back yonder when the channel actually played vids) & smooth & polished wasn't the norm.

As ties, the other worst songs I recall were the many career-over singers who jumped on the disco bandwagon, like Eartha Kitt's disco album (they're all equally awful songs), "The Curly Shuffle" by Peter Quinn, an homage to the Three Stooges & Rick Dees' "Disco Duck", which he should have been arrested for not only recording, but having duck-clad people duck-dancing in every live performance. I don't even like disco, but all the above make me feel certain they're sure bets for having brought down the genre in a burning disco ball of flames.

Now I am contemplating the great fashion dilemma - which is worse a disco clad person or a duck clad person. Thank god this was before duck face selfies.

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I would happily listen (and maybe even dance) to every aforementioned song if it meant Terry Jacks' Seasons in the Sun could somehow be expunged from the universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5wdXjTgFc
  • Baby Shark 🤬 🤬
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Jolene- dolly partsomething
  • ReenieHJ
    I used to love The Beatles, having drooled over them when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. But the other day I heard Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and I thought it'd be okay if I never heard that song again. Probably not THE worst but there are so many ya know? It deserved to be said. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I used to love The Beatles, having drooled over them when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. But the other day I heard Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and I thought it'd be okay if I never heard that song again. Probably not THE worst but there are so many ya know? It deserved to be said. :)

Ooooookay, you're gonna go there, huh? 😀

I'm a big Beatles fan so when people ask my favorite song, I can only tell them the one I don't like. I Love Her (She's So Heavy). So so so so SOOOOOO repetitive.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member

I'm a big Beatles fan so when people ask my favorite song, I can only tell them the one I don't like. I Love Her (She's So Heavy). So so so so SOOOOOO repetitive.

I gotta agree 😄
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Baby Shark 🤬 🤬

I agree. I don’t even have kids and could not escape that song.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Lonely by Justin Bieber
    Idk who told him that sounded good.
  • ReenieHJ

I gotta agree 😄

Phew, I escaped the disagree button by a nose didn't I? :) I was(and still am) a huge fan, had the biggest crush on George Harrison. But that one song just.....IDK. :#