Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2022
    Today has been most difficult for me. I put on my new dress and was feeling quite proud of what I have achieved so far. My husband took one look at me and said, "What's that THING you are wearing?" I said it's my new dress. Then he said IT looks nice. I got so down about it, I took off the dress and had a good cry. I'm still down, it's sometimes hard to pick myself back up.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @holly2e Welcome to Slimpossibles, so happy you're joining us. I'd love to hear about your experiences with meditation and mindfulness, I dabble in them but am not as consistent with it as I am with other things.

@Cornanda I'm so very sorry to hear about your dog Lisa, sounds like it was time but that still doesn't make it easy. I know you and your family gave him an amazing life. If you ever need to talk I/we are here for you, hugs my friend.

@laurelfit57 Your quinoa dishes sound amazing, if you have links I'd love to check them out! Glad you had a great Spring break. Hey, no shame in a little Tylenol after you did moves most people over 20 wouldn't do!

@amoic Happy birthday my friend!

@FushiaKat Congratulations, 55.8lbs since August is amazing! Glad you have the new mask, headgear, and cushion, I hope you're able to get some good sleep tonight. I know that's the biggest thing for me to cope with my pain is sleep and not sleeping makes pain worse aside of being exhausted so I'm praying you're snoozing good tonight! Oh no, just read your post from a few hours ago, I'm so sorry for your husband's comment, I'm sure you looked beautiful and hope it just came out wrong. The dress wouldn't get a compliment if you weren't wearing it because most things don't look so hot on the hanger so I'm sure you did it justice! I think sometimes guys think they're saying something nice and it comes out screwy, we women get it but guys aren't always as thoughtful with their words (no offense to the men here). My Dad does that and he's actually pretty sensitive, last time I saw him he said I was looking good and I HAD been feeling good then he said you must not have that much more to lose. Oh thanks a lot, what if I didn't plan to lose more? I think the people closest to us don't always know what to say and they tend to be more critical and it hurts us more than anyone else.

@trooworld what a gorgeous photo, that's worth framing! I can imagine how peaceful it was there listening to the waves, what an amazing spot.

@19shmoo69 @laurelfit57 @bgame4 @Glombog @FushiaKat @fatfifties Way to go team, one time to be extra proud of saying you're a loser! :)

@TeresaW1020 I've heard of the 21 Day Fix, it sounds fun, let us know how it goes!

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! I was totally exhausted last night, I was at the food bank farm and he didn't have the area ready to plant yet so I weeded crab grass, no more doing that I did it for about 45 minutes and was hurting a lot so I was able to start in on the tomatoes then thinning out the turnips and came home and was beat. I needed an onion for dinner so I went to the store then came home and took a long bath, finished my book, and went to bed a little early. Today did my workout, spent time in the yard, went to a plant stand, then my brother and nephew came by to check out why my refrigerator is dropping water (need a new one). Tomorrow's two doctor's appointments so I need to wrap this up. I did a beginner belly dancing video that was fun but those are such great core workouts where my fusions are in my back are never too thrilled but it's not flared up, just sore. Haven't been lifting weights at all, I may go to the gym on Tuesday to try the machines but need to discuss a muscle relaxer tomorrow with the pain clinic. Night gang, let's make April amazing!
  • Katmary71
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm a team motivator along with the wonderful @trooworld. I've been with this group for three years now and it's the only group I've stuck with for long, I'm very happy to be part of this team. I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area in CA along with my two cats. I've been disabled since I was 17 when I slipped at work herniating my back then injured severely during what should have been a routine laparoscopy and my most painful conditions are CRPS, never damage, and failed back surgery syndrome. I went the pain clinic "pain cocktail" route and was basically bedridden drugged to the gills for 20 years. When I chose to stop taking them instead of getting a new doctor I really realized how unhealthy I was between gaining weight from medications and detoxing everything and ended up diagnosed with many different conditions like diabetes and liver issues. Once I was stable from coming off it I was throwing up daily from the toll the medications had taken on my liver and realized I was basically dying fast and it was time to stop so all at once I started working out and logging and changed my diet. I'm off diabetes medication and gained back some on steroids with the CRPS relapse two years ago but am at my lowest since then and aside of pain I'm feeling pretty good. I'm on a small amount of medication but would rather be coherent and live a shorter life than spend it like a zombie in less pain. I do alternative stuff as well for my pain and issues. I do chair cardio, stretching, and strength exercises most days to keep me as mobile as possible. I love reading, gardening, and volunteering in my community and am close with my family so spend a lot of time with them.

I was thinking of this after what @FushiaKat went through and wanted to say something in here, you are all welcome to add me as a friend on MFP if you'd like. I forgot we couldn't send private messages unless we're friends, I check in throughout the day and if any of you would like to be friends or chat about something I'm always here for you.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 760 Member
    Fatfifties (heading towards slimmer sixties!)
    Weigh day Monday April week 1

CW: 217
    PW: 218
    Ltw: 1lb

Loss since August 2021 59lb
  • Slimmersixties
    edited April 2022
    @FushiaKat

Stand proud and stay strong. You've worked hard for that dress!
  • Slimmersixties
    @19shmoo69 @laurelfit57 @bgame4 @Glombog @FushiaKat
    Congratulations my fellow winners. And thanks to everyone in this group for all your support in March x
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa, I live in North Florida with my husband. I'm 53. We have 2 children who are away at college. I've struggled with weight since the freshman 15, using various methods to remove the weight only to gain it back. It's been quite difficult this time due to my advanced age (lol). I've been in this group for well over a year and the support is amazing. It's helped me sort out habits and thoughts that were holding me back. I'm working on building strength and I also walk and do step aerobics.

Thank you all for your kind words about my sweet doggie. Relief that his suffering ended melts into grief and then I go back to being OK. I know it will get better day by day. I am being kind and very gentle with myself right now.

Last week, I only did one strength workout and one aerobic. The other days I just walked to destress. I'm going to try my best to do more this week.

Lisa
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Username: Micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting Weight 130.2
    PW: 130.0
    CW:130.2
    Maintaining 127-133, center weight 130

Sorry to be a bit late!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 3/25: 223.8

Check in weight (4/1/2022): 224.4
    Check in weight (4/8/2022):
    Check in weight (4/15/2022):
    Check in weight (4/22/2022):
    Check in weight (4/29/2022):

I'm sorry I'm late posting! I was sick for the last 2 weeks!

It's my birthday this week, but no big plans. I gave up sweets for Lent, so I have to wait for the ice cream I am dying for!

Happy April, all!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @laurelfit57 I love my BOD workouts. I’ve been doing one, but it’s been sporadic lately with everything going on. I’m really hoping to make it a priority again. And don’t worry about that gain of yours. You have assessed why you gained and now you will take the needed steps to get it off. :)

@FushiaKat I’m sorry that your husband hurt your feelings! <3 Husbands can sometimes be insensitive and speak before they think about how their words will sound to us. I think that is wonderful that you felt proud of all you have achieved. You should be and we certainly are here! :)

@Katmary71 Girl, you are always sooo busy! Yeah, I think you need others to do all that weeding so you aren’t in so much pain. Belly dancing sounds really fun and I’m sure it’s a great workout for the core. I am so bad at doing ab workouts. Maybe I should look up doing belly dancing too. :grin:

@Cornanda Your grief for your sweet dog is going to come in waves and when they hit you just need to ride the wave and feel the feels. I am with you on needing to step up the workouts. Let’s make it happen! :)

@leonadixon happy birthday!! I’m so sorry that you have been sick and I hope you are feeling better. <3

Hi Team! So, I was happy with my loss this week. It was earlier in the week but I’ve really hit the weights on my workouts this week. Today, I restarted 21 Day Fix, and man ohhh man my booty is crying! It’s only a 30-minute program but it’s a combination of moves and each move is for a minute. That can be a really long time! :grin: And I forgot how much energy IF can give me, so last night Joe went to be early and stayed up deep cleaning the kitchen and living room while watching Netflix. This morning while drinking coffee I deep cleaned our office and this afternoon I did the bathroom. If fasting doesn't make me skinny it sure will give me a super clean and organized house. Next on the list is the laundry room and my closet! :D
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL[/b]
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    @Katmary71 Lol you are right. We chatted about his comments regarding the way I dress today. Most times I put on a nice blouse that fits great and makes me feel great and he asks me if I'm wearing my pajama's. I have swapped out so many blouses, so when he made the comment about the dress it really hurt my feelings. I'm trying to figure out what the heck I can wear that won't evoke those types of comments. He told me today that when he say's those things that he is just teasing me and trying to bring us closer, but it had the total opposite effect on me. He said he's trying to tell me I look good, and he likes the way I'm dressed. I asked him why he couldn't just say that to me. After I told him it really bothers me and hurts my feelings when he teases me about how I dress, he asked me why? I told him it's just a Girl thing and how we dress is important to us.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @Katmary71 i’m so sorry, I never save the links, but I do have it saved in MFP, not sure if I can somehow share that. The Greek one I tweaked a bit and it was really good, the Mexican one, not so much. Wow good for you and the belly dancing!!

@cornanda Lisa you were moving last week, that’s what matters! Grief can twist us into knots, so good for you for keeping things moving. Hugs❤️

Teresaw1020 WOOT WOOT on the loss! I honestly don’t know how IF gives you so much energy! More than four hours without food and I am just a grumpy lazy bear🤣.

@leonadixon A very happy birthday to you!

@Fushiakat so glad that you were able to have that chat with your husband and clear the air. Now you should go put that dress back on again :-) :-)! It sounded super pretty!

I really do enjoy Mondays, I get to do a spin class in the morning and an agility class in the afternoon, so much fun! I must admit though by about 7 PM I am on the couch and not going to move for the rest of the night LOL.
    Everyone is coming here for Easter dinner (about 15 people) on the 17th, first time in two years! I have assigned myself one area to spring clean every day for the next week, today was the front hall closet. I put all the winter clothes away, so if we have a freak storm, it will be my fault lol lol
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Hello everyone!

It has been a busy time for me as usual. On top of that we got our roof repaired today from hail damage that happened a few months ago. All is well here. I am getting a bit lazy about eating and exercising but I plan to get back with it. Confession is good for the soul. Things keep happening to upset my regular routine and it's sometimes tough to get back to normal. It's supposed to storm here tomorrow so pray for us. Have a wonderful week everybody and let's go get it! B)
  • Katmary71
    @fatfifties That's an awesome total loss since August, wow!

@Cornanda Being kind and gentle with yourself is the best thing you can do right now. It seems like you've been in the group longer, I can't believe it's just a year!

@leonadixon Happy birthday! Oh no, you don't get to have birthday ice cream, that stinks! I know it's not as good but fruit smoothies or bananas with cocoa powder is a sneaky way to get something sweet. Cocoa powder is good on grapes if you can find some good ones this time of year but I loved the banana dipped in cocoa powder when I did no sugar.

@TeresaW1020 Leilah Isaac on YouTube has 10-30 minute ones, I can't do it for long due to standing so you may find others but she has a sweet, bubbly personality and I like her. When she puts the routines together at the end it's a little fast, you really feel it in your core especially the longer ones. I feel it a lot around where my two levels in my low back are fused too for obvious reasons, my back's like no ya don't girlfriend! Maybe you should wait until your booty feels better so you aren't double whammied!

@FushiaKat You can always show us your outfits and we'll give you feedback! I'm so glad you and your husband talked about it, hopefully now he'll be a little more sensitive.

@laurelfit57 I can see why you're down at 7 after that much exercise, those are both pretty intense workouts. Sounds like a great plan with Easter dividing up cleaning, that's a big crowd, how fun but stressful!

@askewcr Guess your roof repairs are about to get tested, hope it passes with flying colors. Be safe with the storm. I'm sure once it passes and starts to warm up it will be easier, I know warmer weather makes it easier to eat healthier plus we're going to have all kinds of good fruit and veggies soon.

Hi everyone. Some of you will hear this more than once, I had my appointment to get my sleeping pill for sleep then the pain clinic. It's funny I dread going there but everyone's always really nice, it's just what it is that I don't like. I'm going to start a muscle relaxer and she agreed with physical therapy for my back so I can get professional help with how to lift weights without making my back worse. She told me to stay away from 10lb when I said I went down to them and stick to half pound, what is that a water bottle? After almost three years of lifting and having to decrease to work out at home with COVID going to nothing or water bottles is frustrating but I'm kind of stuck until things go through insurance. Made my last micro current payment, yay! The nutritionist was there and was telling me I should do more of the bone protocol with my spinal issues and I told her I'd get in touch with her next month when I have no payments anymore. My neighbor came by with a cool pot he didn't want (he's the one who gave me the huge agave a few years ago) so I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I had saved cat litter containers in case I got desperate for pots but I'm doing pretty good so far. Have an awesome Tuesday!
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Sorry for beeing a day late, but we're having major computer issues at work theese days, so totaly forgot to sign in here.

username: Glombog
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (April):03/28 233.0 lb
    PW (Previous Weight): 03/28 233.0 lb
    CW (Current Weight): 04/04 232.6 lb

Loss total: 35.1 lb
    Loss this month: 0.4 lb
    Loss last week: 0.4 lb

I'll take the loss, and move happily forward.
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    edited April 2022
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Username:@leonadixon

It's my birthday this week, but no big plans. !
    It's my birthday too this week!
    So my youngest are planning the day...so she will have coke and she's gonna make my wife make me coffe. I'm so a coffeholic, so she totally gets me.
    No plans for the day, but friday me and my wife are taking a day off to go to a spa. Her father will babysit (no baby, but 5, 9 and 10 yo (the one at 18 manages at his own)) a couple of hours, so we will have a day and an afternoon. We are not spoiled in having time alone, with me working way to much and few who can take the kids for a night. So we're enjoying every moment we can.

And just to show how bad we are on planning dates:

* oct 2019 We had a weekend planned AND had a really good time
    * Planned a weekend mid march 2020...the day before the country shutted down in the first covid restriction and all restaurants, bars etc closed, so that never happened.
    * Ok...planning the next weekend: In a year thing must be better..so the weekend after easter 2021 was our next try..and at the time the whole family HAD covid.
    * Ok...in a year things must be better...so we planned a trip to Paris in March 22. Aaand..in december I got a letter I had to be in the army that excact weekend.

Probably should just wing it because planning is not my strong side apparently..
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @19shmoo69 @laurelfit57 @bgame4 @Glombog @fatfifties @FushiaKat Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Special shout-outs to @tammymccrady6278 and @Glombog for losing 30 lbs!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! It was nice. Good luck with the new Beachbody program. I can't wait to have some of that energy!!!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! It was nice. Tracking and measuring everything is a great way to tighten things up. Good luck!

@FushiaKat Sorry about that comment from your husband. That must have been tough.

@Katmary71 Oh thank you! It was an enjoyable walk. :) I'm exhausted just reading about your farm day, I can imagine you must have been! I'm glad you got something for your back. Yay for finishing paying off the micro current machine! How nice of your neighbor.

@Fatfifties @TeresaW1020 @Glombog Congrats on those losses!

@leonadixon Happy birthday week! Way to stay strong!

@Glombog Happy birthday to you, too!

Hi all. I woke up in total pain, my body so stiff I could barely get out of bed. It happens pretty regularly. I whimper in pain and slowly make my way over to the computer to have my coffee. I'm sure my weight is contributing to this situation. Hopefully, I loosen up before work.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hi Slims- I'm reading all your posts, but just too worn out right now to respond. Know that I'm thinking of you. Today is my first day all alone in the house as hubby went to the office to work. I'm feeling nervous, but I'm determined that this is not going to be a freak out and cry kind of day. I've planned some things to do so I can leave for awhile, and I let a lot of things slide while the pooch was sick- so catching up is in order. When things got too much in Feb, I focused on those who were supporting me and that helped my mindset a lot. I don't want to be a gloomy bird with every post! So, I'm going to work on that focus and also on what is going right.

-yesterday I walked around 9000 steps before I felt relaxed, then came home and could not face my youtube strength workout. So I made one up and did it. I'm not sore today, so I could probably do better, but it felt good to do something.

-today I have one walk in and I think I need another one, so I'm heading out for that.

-my family has been extra good to me. I've received support from a cousin, my sister, and some friends. And of course my Slimpossible family- thank you for all the encouragement!

-I'm feeling better every day, just got to keep heading down this road until I get there.

-My weight is looking good, so I'll keep on working to finish the week on a good note there.

-coincidentally, last week my health insurance sent me an offer for a mental health program that is supposed to help me deal with stress and improve resiliency. I started it yesterday- it's an online/app type of thing. I took a test and they gave me a list of modules to complete. First one is "dealing with negative thoughts". This morning the app sent me a message titled "Four ways to deal with frustration". I'm excited about what I can learn from this.

Focusing on the good things just put a little smile on my face- so that's progress!

Lisa
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    3/27: 188.2
    4/3: 191.2

Behind. Depressed. Gotta turn this around for the team.
This discussion has been closed.