Count calories?

Do you count your PWO calories into your daily macro goals?
I'm little confused about this.
Thank you in advance.
Radomir

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    If you ingest something with calories then count those calories.
    That calories might come from a solid food, a powder or a liquid is irrelevant.

The idea when calorie counting is to account for all significant calories in and calories expended so that you can understand and manage your calorie balance.

Why wouldn't a PWO count?
    Not understanding why you would ignore it so maybe expand on your thoughts?

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    rashadelic wrote: »
    Do you count your PWO calories into your daily macro goals?
    I'm little confused about this.
    Thank you in advance.
    Radomir

Generally speaking, if you're counting calories you would count anything that has calories. That said, I never bothered much with things that have miniscule calories like coffee where my couple of cups would come out to around 10 calories. I've never used a PWO so I have no idea how many calories that would have. It really comes down to how accurate you want or need to be.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    For the uninitiated, what is a PWO?
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member

Pre WorkOut drink, I think

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    I don't usually log my strength workouts (Not a GPS activity, so a Garmin won't auto-attach any calories sans wearing a HR monitor, and it's a fairly small calorie burn so I'm too lazy to update it manually), so if the pre-workout didn't contain many calories (less than what the unlogged strength workout would have been and no macros that I tracked, there's a decent chance that I probably wouldn't bother to log it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    GemmaM_x wrote: »

Pre WorkOut drink, I think

Ah, ok.

I would never have guessed that.

Anyway unless you are drinking water or something very low calorie like, I don't know, herbal tea or artificially sweetened something - then of course you would count the calories - just like any other drink or food any other time.