My Doctor Suggested Weight Loss Surgery

Replies

• coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @healingmysticmelody Bravo, Melody. Congrats on being 11 weeks in. Those weekly losses add up more quickly that you imagine. I can't wait to celebrate your updates! Thrift stores will be your best friend. I've found some really fun and fabulous clothes along the way that I've worn and then donated back again. :)
  • coblujay
    @avatiach I'll definitely let you know what the doctor says. Hopefully, he says something. Haha! I don't know what I'd do without all of our fabulous cheerleaders. They have made all the difference!
  • Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    I feel like I've been with you through most of your loss, my friend. I know I don't always write in your feed, but I DO pay attention. Your dedication has been such an inspiration to so many. I'm so happy for you that you feel so great now, you deserve all the good things!
  • coblujay
    @skyler103 You have, Skyler. I love seeing your updates in my feed. Thanks for coming along for the ride. :)
  • Skyler103
    I absolutely can not wait to find out what your Dr says! Please let us know!
  • coblujay
    I will definitely do that, @skyler103 :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    What a great health-team encounter.

I agree that getting to a particular "number" is not nearly as important as making the next right decision about nutrition and exercise as often as possible until it becomes habit and is just Life on its best terms.

I'm really happy for you. :)
  • coblujay
    @cmriverside Thank you. I'm so lucky to have a great doctor and all of you here cheering me on! :)
  • coblujay
    @avatlach Bravo! It's so much fun to show them that they make a difference. Congrats!! Just wait until they see us next time. :)
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Good luck Ian sure you will succeeded.
  • Skyler103
    That's awesome! What a great Dr you have! He cares enough to give you the tough love, but wants you to be careful not to over do it and find a place with your weight that makes you happy. I'm sure that really made his day because he doesn't have enough patients listen to him.
  • coblujay
    @skyler103 He's amazing. I am lucky to have him. Thank you!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    edited July 2022
    Good to hear from you!

That looks like an epic elephant encounter. :) I think getting out there and enjoying life is way more important than a few pounds. But yeah, getting back at it is always a bit of a struggle. I'm right there with you right now on that extra five pounds that came from I-don't-know-where. (Except, yes I do..)

You WILL get back at it. I'm shooting for figuring out Maintain-This-Weight calories, and then just trying to be a little under that.

An extra couple hundred makes an enormous difference. Can you aim for getting to 1400 plus Exercise cals? Much easier.
  • coblujay
    @cmriverside

Great suggestion. I love that idea.

The elephants were amazing. :smile:
  • healingmysticmelody
    healingmysticmelody Posts: 56 Member
    I am waiting to post a weigh in until after the few vacation pounds come off too. I think we aren’t alone.

I am 235lbs and still doing 1750 at about a pound per week. I was 233 a month and a half ago so looking forward to getting back to 233 and then going down from there.

Have you had those Crush packets that you add to a water bottle? They’re 5 calories and like drinking candy. Lol They are helping me get back on track after weeks of camping and eating bag donuts and sharing a box of pop tarts with my honey etc!

I’m glad your tastes are changing and I am doing better almost every day so I’ll get there! :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    I've just read this whole thread and you are AMAZING!! What an inspiring journey you are on.
  • coblujay
    @healingmysticmelody

Great suggestion, Melody. I'll give them a try. You got this!! Both of us do. After all, we are still here. :smile: