What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Just finished my second elliptical session today. Total for the day, 335 minutes for 26.28 miles. My new PR. Someone asked me months ago if I was training for a marathon with my long times. I of course said, "No way." But I pushed tonight to get the 26.2 miles but I like even minutes. I dropped into the 140's this AM. Its been years.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,022 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Just finished my second elliptical session today. Total for the day, 335 minutes for 26.28 miles. My new PR. Someone asked me months ago if I was training for a marathon with my long times. I of course said, "No way." But I pushed tonight to get the 26.2 miles but I like even minutes. I dropped into the 140's this AM. Its been years.

Nice work on the distance record, plus accomplishing a weight milestone, @swimmom_1: That's excellent!
  • AnnPT77
    11,137 pseudo-meters stationary bike, 10k+3'CD, averaging 90W including the CD, almost entirely Z2 (about 26 of 29' in Z2, with 2'ish Z3, remainder below). Winter trudging through workouts seems to have improved things a little for these, with a similar November bike ride costing about a third of the duration in Z3, and peaking 10bpm higher.
    (snip workout report and canine good stuff)

@AnnPT77 -- saw this today from one of my rower buddies. Thought you might find it interesting.

https://worldrowing.com/2022/04/05/one-rowing-stroke-at-a-time-surviving-stage-3-cancer-for-20-years-book-review/?fbclid=IwAR068mflalTSh7A1_vsSBCGa0ICwO5EJGgC3okl9YR8XzGq_mgPk333ArVc

That looks good, Mike: I'll note it for my "future reads" list! Thank you. Stage III as young as she was is really daunting . . . dare I say usually bad odds? I kind of did it in reverse order from the author, stage III breast cancer (at 44 in my case) then taking up rowing. We're both lucky to be here 20+ years on. I can't speak for her, but I admit they gave me good odds given circumstances: 60% or so likelihood of surviving 5 years. Alive is an excellent start on the rest of the day.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2022
    I went climbing. It was good fun, I was in pretty good form. I lasted just over 2 hours, and left when the gym threw me out. The handful of us left then all started chatting. Amazingly, I was the youngest (at 50)- the others all seemed to be 52 or 53.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Outdoor ride last night with two other guys. I struggled to stay with them on the climbs, since they’re both strong climbers who were riding their road bikes vs my Tri bike. We got 30 miles in at a 17.4mph ave. (180watts) That’s a notch more intense than most of my early season work, but I needed the push.
    Hope to swim today if I can break away during lunch hour.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Another elliptical day. 45 minutes, with some intervals in the last 15 minutes. Felt good. :)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2022
    9K on the rower today. Pretty easy on that but it was hot -- 86 at lunch. Also, spent a good chunk of the AM sweeping up my street with a push broom.

Having my backyard landscape renovated (as if taking care of my wife post surgery isn't stressful enough all while filing self-employment taxes -- I'm pulling my hair out this week!). They dropped off two huge piles of sand for the paver patio into the street out front. No cones, nothing.

I saw them do it and knew that the paver crews weren't coming till tomorrow so I got dressed figuring I'd put something orange in front of it so some yahoo wouldn't run into it -- it's pretty hard to miss seeing it. Before I could get dressed, some jackhole plowed into it and spread it for like 30 yards down the street. Drove off, of course. Left me with around a 1/4 ton of dirt to sweep back into a pile laid out way down the street. Took around 40 minutes to clean it all up. Quite a great workout though.
  • swimmom_1
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Nice work on the distance record, plus accomplishing a weight milestone, @swimmom_1: That's excellent!

Thank you Ann.
  • Djproulx
    No time to swim at lunch yesterday, but squeezed in a 35 minute easy trail run last night. Legs were still a bit fatigued from strength/bike on Tuesday, so I went easy.

Second trainer session of the week this am. Three twelve minute rounds each consisting of two strength exercises and a quick cardio blast (:30 ropes, assault bike, erg skier, etc)

Will ride on the trainer tonight, then drop off the bike at the bike fitter for a spring tune up while I’m away next week.
  • AnnPT77
    Noped out of working out yesterday for no good reason, just moody, I guess. I feel like I might be better off to switch things up, but can't find the enthusiasm, and the cold weather just keeps dragging on, here (river water temp is still low, plus it keeps raining/snowing/blowing a gale).

Today, back to stationary bike, 11,134m in 29:05 overall (10k + 3' CD), easy pace (about 1/3 Z3, 2/3 Z2, 93W average including the CD).
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    I did an 8 km morning walk. I'm very sensitive to heat and humidity so I was struggling to get it done :( I thought I'd lose 10 kgs by end of May but it seems impossible coz of the heat :'(
    Did a 30 minute HIIT workout now :)

https://youtu.be/I6UCw2d7f6Q
  • AnnPT77
    Rowing machine, once again starting off with the idea of staying more moderate, once again ending up pushing it a little . . . I think not max effort, but the 3rd piece was a bit of a challenge.

3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), negative splitting the pieces at 2:27.5 pace/21 spm/109W; 2:24.9/19spm/115W; 2:23.6/20spm/118W. About 35' and 6725m overall, including the row out/in and CD, 38% of the time in each of Z3 and Z4, remainder below.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Elliptical, 45 min. The usual. No strength training today because I had some yard work and other household chores to do today.

I see @AnnPT77 's complaints about winter, and I'll follow that with a complaint about early summer. It was 90F here today. In a couple of months, I'll be wishing for the weather to get down to only 90F, so I guess I should stop whining. haha I'm just not mentally prepared for the heat yet.
  • swimmom_1
    Worked today, so I usually don't do a work out, but I ended up thinking I would do 90 minutes on the Elliptical. Instead I did 143 minutes for 10 miles
  • AnnPT77
    Stationary bike, the usual 10k + 3' CD, very easy pace, only 25 seconds of 29:20 in Z3, remainder almost entirely Z2. 11,110 pseudo-meters overall, 91W average on the 10K piece, max HR about 70% max and a little under 60% reserve.
  • swimmom_1
    Elliptical, 2 sessions 330 minutes total for 22.51 miles.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    30 mins of low impact aerobics, 15 mins of weight training, 15 minutes of standing yoga.
    It was my first time doing yoga and I was surprised at how well it kept my heart rate up in the aerobic range.
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    flkqswtf1jsf.jpeg
    ibozuzku017h.jpeg
  • Djproulx
    Easy 3 mile trail run yesterday.
    Traveling to Florida for vacation today. Planning to get in 150 miles on the bike, plus a few swims and runs this week.
  • soldodunja2910
    soldodunja2910 Posts: 16 Member
    I did a blogilates workout (YouTube)