What's On Your Mind Today?

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    UAC friends that have MFP Premium - what vitamins can you track with the premium version? I'm specifically looking to track magnesium and Omega3s. Have you found it's really worth the upgrade?
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,036 Member
    OK I must be daft & I know there have been many posts on the new version of MFP
    But I’m actually feeling I might have to give up.

I’ve given it months & it’s still cumbersome & I can’t make sense of the organization (if there is one)

1. Specifically when I logged on before I would same steak days & a graph. Is that still around? If so, how do I get to it on a phone?

2. I sometimes used MFP to get a calorie count for an item. I can’t even see how to access the area for entering foods….

I feel like an idiot which I’m not. They really took a wrong turn with this non-intuitive re-write.

Thanks so much for any assistance!

🌸Maddie
    @MadisonMolly2017
    Hi Maddie - you are by no means an idiot and I agree — they have taken a wrong turn.

Are you on an apple or an android phone? I am on an iPhone and see the icon “Progress” at the foot of my “landing page” when I open the app. This is where I can see my streaks and the graph.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    Thank you @jamcnewman !!
    That worked! I guess I was trying to access it from other starting points! Haha
    ❤️
  • Cowphilosopher
    Cowphilosopher Posts: 52 Member
    Does anyone have the subscription version of MFP? I have been using the free version and then decided to try the 1 month trial. The entire layout is too wide for my phone (a Samsung) and it doesn't keep any of my tracking history from before I subscribed.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 692 Member
    @Cowphilosopher I have the paid subscription, I hate the adds on the free version. That said I seldom use my phone to access the site. I mostly use my computer. I only use my phone app to track food and water.
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    jmu1965 wrote: »
    Tried Kefir for the first time today. I didn’t know what to expect taste wise but I like it. It has a plain yogurt taste in a creamy milk form.

Kefir is great! My fav flavor is coconut.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Beauregard says, “Great job Maddie!” hv1usgqhjqf6.jpeg
    @MadisonMolly2017

He is really a very good looking Guy ☺️
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,036 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Beauregard says, “Great job Maddie!” hv1usgqhjqf6.jpeg
    @MadisonMolly2017

He is really a very good looking Guy ☺️

Ahhhh thanks Svetlana 🌷He was a muddy disaster this morning after digging up my garden. Today he was at the groomer and his fur feels like velvet. He is a character. 🥰@Winner_in_Life
  • I am planning a 5 day trip away with my family in 1 week, to NYC. Our plan is to do a lot of touristy sightseeing as well as seeing family. And we will be eating mostly takeout food. I need a plan for how this won't derail my weight loss entirely. But I also don't want to spend as much energy as I usually spend on weight loss when I am on vacation - I need to spend that energy on managing my kids (10 and 6) and myself to have a good time (my wife will be there too but mostly manages herself :smile: ).

I am reflecting on things I can/might do today. Please tell me if you have any ideas or similar experiences.

This is the most vacationey-vacation I have had - well, probably since having kids. So kind of a new thing.

Here are the ideas:
    - Work out a schedule where I get to do MommaStrong a few days and stretch every day. I think that will keep my body feeling so much better. And I will be doing plenty of walking built into the day, so that's good.
    - We will be eating breakfast at our home away from home, and I will eat my standard breakfast except with half a whole wheat bagel instead of my usual toast
    - When we eat lunch out, I will try to make the healthiest choices I can from the menu. I will sometimes order appetizers instead of main course. I will not hesitate to waste food as necessary (I hate having leftovers when I can't bring them home and we'll be out for many hours after lunch and can't carry the leftovers around - but I will get over that). Once those decisions are made I will enjoy my lunch and not worry about the calories.
    - We will be getting lots of junky snacks with the kids - part of keeping them happy and experiencing NYC. I will sometimes eat a small something if I feel it is really worthwhile. I will also keep some nuts and an apple in my bag so if I am hungry but don't really really want the junky snack I have another option.
    - We will be eating takeout dinners at our home away from home, and I will supplement with frozen cauliflower and frozen broccoli, as well as get some takeout that has a lot of good veggies and protein early on and eat that to supplement the worse takeout (and only eat a small amount of that) (i.e. pizza).
    - When I hang out with my parents after the kids' bedtime while they have their dinner, I will not eat a second dinner. I will have my usual bedtime snack of some milk and/or decaf tea and a small cookie.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,517 Member
    @jamcnewman LOVE the tie!! I feel your garden pain my 2 keep trying to get to the mud patch in the yard where there is a little snow left!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,517 Member
    edited April 2022
    @MadisonMolly2017 hi I have an iPhone the free version of mfp and have not had too much trouble with this change of platform. When you enter on your phone for foods there are choices at the top if you have the upc hit scan if not type it in the box what the food is. I still use it in the grocery store to check out some items. Good luck you will get it.

I don’t ever use our Mac for my entries on occasion I use my iPad but it’s all on my iphone and I don’t use the premium version this one has all I need and sometimes the ads are funny.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,704 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    UAC friends that have MFP Premium - what vitamins can you track with the premium version? I'm specifically looking to track magnesium and Omega3s. Have you found it's really worth the upgrade?

Hi, what you have to remember is that the same database is used for both versions so if you can't track it in the free version it won't be any better in the premium version.
    Also, tracking these vitamins and minerals depends on the information being available on the product labels. For instance I track calcium but it is not mandatory on labels and lots of items such as cheese and yogurt that I know contain calcium do not have it on the label.

You may have to create an awful lot of foods from scratch using the USDA database if you want to track vitamins and minerals - and I don't think Omega3 is an available data point in the database.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,475 Member
    @Caroline_slowandsteady -so I live an hour outside of nyc so we go in a couple times a year (sorry not sure where you are located so you might know this ). There are a lot of little delis and small food places where you could probably get a salad or something close to what you usually eat. There are street vendors with nuts, gyros, hot dogs but lots of options and most of the big chains (bk, McDonald’s, Wendy, Dunkin)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 hi I have an iPhone the free version of mfp and have not had too much trouble with this change of platform. When you enter on your phone for foods there are choices at the top if you have the upc hit scan if not type it in the box what the food is. I still use it in the grocery store to check out some items. Good luck you will get it.

I don’t ever use our Mac for my entries on occasion I use my iPad but it’s all on my iphone and I don’t use the premium version this one has all I need and sometimes the ads are funny.

Thank you @snowshoe072