Chronic Illness Journey

I have multiple chronic illnesses and would like the support of people who get it or just could be supportive.

Replies

• mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    I've got a kid thats a t1d and myself deal with work place injuries.
    Not the same but please add me:)
  • sallyitg1
    sallyitg1 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me! I am new here and also have chronic illness.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    I also deal with chronic illnesses and pain.
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 114 Member
    I have autoimmune disease and have been immunosuppressed in order to control them for the past 5 years. I’m also allergic to exercise so I’m strictly diet only.
  • SkinnyPop13
    SkinnyPop13 Posts: 1 Member
    I have fibromyalgia and CFS. I have lost 53 pounds so far with diet alone because I also can not exercise. I am stuck now but still need to lose at least another 35 pounds. I would love to be in a group where we can support and encourage each other.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    I have a severe rare genetic condition, have been on crutches for awhile now, and had to medically retire.
  • courts1610
    courts1610 Posts: 1 Member
    I deal with chronic pain from my diagnosis that unfortunately is for life and as a result I am constantly exhausted. I never knew how physically and mentally draining chronic pain could be. I have just started my weight loss journey and am struggling to see how I can also incorporate exercise. My meds also make me really groggy so I’m really only functional through my working hours and I am also more prone to getting sick due to my immune system so going to the gym with other people poses too much of a risk because it will trigger flare ups for me. My meds have all made me put on so much weight and I’m really concerned for my health now. I currently weigh 115kg (253lb) and about 20kg of that has been put on from my meds over the past 9months. I’m also currently dealing with a disk injury in my back. I am just so concerned right now that it’s just getting harder and harder to reverse and I’m worried about how much worse it will get.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    I'm new to the Fibromyalgia and Degenerative Disc Disease labels, so I don't quite get it yet but I'm trying to learn. Feel free to add me. :)
  • ImaNightOwl
    ImaNightOwl Posts: 3 Member
    HI, I am also riddled with multiple health issues and currently running the gauntlet of the medical field to get to spinal surgery.
    I've been searching for a workout of sorts that wouldn't leave me wanting to simply dir because of the pain I end up with l, as I'm sure many of you understand.

Can anyone help?
    I usually follow more of a keto diet as I've found I feel the best health wise with it.
    Thanks in advance.