One week in ...

Options
It has been a very enlightening week, I always say "I don't know why i'm gaining weight - I don't eat that much" but having had a week of actually being honest and seeing what is in what I eat it is understandable why the pounds have been slipping back on.
I successfully lost 50lb back in 2019, and kept it off due to a very active lifestyle, however this past year has seen it slowly creep back on - it goes on so much easier than off!
My first target is the 20lb i've put back on (now 18lb as i've lost 2 this week!). If I can keep logging my food, checking on the calories in and ramping back up the exercise then it will happen. For me it is simple, move more, eat less. Wish however it was that easy!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Simple, but not easy for sure!!! Good work!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,046 Member
    Options
    Y'know, I think after a while it can get easier, if the focus is more on establishing new, relatively-happy habits, vs. making more extreme choices in order to lose weight fast.

I'm not saying you're doing the latter - not at all - but simply saying that some of the things that make it harder at first can be temporary speed bumps, not long term obstacles. Sometimes folks here give up before they reach that point, or treat weight loss as an extreme project with an end date, after which things "go back to normal".

It sounds like you're on a more sustainable, course, which . . . while not always easy every second . . . can be easier than some alternatives, as well as more likely to succeed long term.

Wishing you long-term success!
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    great start @triathaloncharl19