Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. Another Friday is here.
    Check in for 4/7:
    Steps - 11890
    Calories - 1790 or close.
    Exercise - pickleball, finally. Practice and then 30 minutes of games. Very aerobic time. Walked home afterwards. 63 minutes in 95F temp at 12:30. At 4:15 I saw temp at 104F. So much for spring. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/7
    Step count 8856
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,465 Member
    jayenguk wrote: »
    peng123 wrote: »
    @jayenguk Tell us a little bit about your goals and your plan for getting there: do you have a calorie goal? Exercise goal? It always helps me to have goals - particularly with regard to calories.

I have always been over weight even as a child so my goal is to just be a normal weight... I want to get into my healthy bmi and I would love to be able to go running. Maybe that is my issue I dont have specific goals I just dont want to go back to the weight I was. I think my first goal that I want to aim for is to get under 200 pounds, I just seem to have stuck at the 240 area for months now just through a kind of self sabotage thing.

I think you need to set a specific goal this week. Do you log your food? Maybe that could be a goal if you don’t. Another specific goal would be to exercise x times per week. You mentioned running so you could start the couch to 5k program. Getting out of a rut or plateau is not easy. It takes setting some goals and working on them. I have been in the same position as you. I am taking baby steps each week to get my motivation back and be on track. Your long term goal of 200 by end of year is doable but maybe is putting to much pressure on yourself. Look at the short term for now.
    roz0810 wrote: »
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 266.4
    CW: 265.8

So annoying. Saw 262.4 Wednesday morning on scales and 3/4 days before that in a row. Decided to treat myself as I haven't in a while with food. I know it's just water weight and I didn't gain 3+lbs overnight but still annoying. Anyway back to it!

Scales can be a pain in the butt. You still had a loss which is great.

Jpedno wrote: »
    Hello all. I've been so inconsistent lately. I am switching jobs soon and this week (my last week at current job) has included lunches, cupcakes, gelato etc. I'm trying to be consistent on my running in the evenings but tonight I have a work event late. Morning exercise is hard for me bc I have ulcerative colitis and mornings can be the worst for me and this illness. Blah I've got to figure out my life.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/2 6175
    4/3 14,488
    4/4 7501
    4/5 11987
    4/6 8421
    At least my steps are good this week!

Your steps are awesome!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

4/6:
    Calories: 1,144
    Exercise: 5-mile walk and a stretching class
    Steps: 17,043

I had a great walk yesterday - it was nice to be outside - I'm trying to mix up my exercise a little bit. Work is still crazy but good! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Cara

Mixing up exercise is good for the body. I am going to start adding walks in next week as I am getting my walker today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 221.0
    --headed in the right direction🙂

Fantastic loss!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Another Friday is here.
    Check in for 4/7:
    Steps - 11890
    Calories - 1790 or close.
    Exercise - pickleball, finally. Practice and then 30 minutes of games. Very aerobic time. Walked home afterwards. 63 minutes in 95F temp at 12:30. At 4:15 I saw temp at 104F. So much for spring. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter.

Awesome steps! Are you going to be playing pickelball often? Drink lots of water in the heat.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/7
    Step count 8856

Nice steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Both are non pool days

Wednesday 9,888
    Thursday 5,645
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

4/7:
    Calories: 1,141
    Exercise: 75 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 14,674

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to stop by and comment on what everyone is up to. I hope you all have an amazing day and good luck to everyone who is stepping on the scale today!

Cara
  • MsAmes77
    MsAmes77 Posts: 4 Member
    Happy Friday everyone. This week has been pretty good for me. I feel my mojo coming back and feel good about what I accomplished this week. I set a goal to get back to walking on one of my breaks at work and have stuck to that for the last two weeks. I have to remember how nice it feels to get out in the fresh air. As for my weight check in:

Username: MsAmes77
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 221.6
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 209.6 (loss 0.6lbs)
    LTD: 41.2
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,379 Member
    daily check in
    calories- under
    exercise 160 minutes
    steps 12588
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    April 8, 2022 Journal and Focus
    Here is 1. a question to direct daily journaling in order to grow in a healthy mindset and 2. A focus statement to help strengthen our resolve to live in a healthy way

1. What do I need to risk in order to move beyond my fears instead of using food?
    2. I can face my fears, one day at a time.
  • rwood566
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day : friday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 223.8. -1.2 LB
  • rwood566
    Good evening all. Another weekend has snuck up on us. Let's all get outside and enjoy it.
    Check in for 4/8:
    Steps 5985. Lots of arm movement but not a lot of butt movement. Rest day after walking in that heat for 2 days. A bit of grocery shopping and got a haircut.
    Calories - 1610. It is a bit low for the day but it will give me room if I grab something before bed.
    Exercise - rested my sunburn.

@lindamtuck2018 I think I will play it again but not sure how much. It is a small group and they can only play 3 times a week. There is another place right beside me but it is super competitive so I don't see myself there.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @
    MsAmes77 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone. This week has been pretty good for me. I feel my mojo coming back and feel good about what I accomplished this week. I set a goal to get back to walking on one of my breaks at work and have stuck to that for the last two weeks. I have to remember how nice it feels to get out in the fresh air. As for my weight check in:

Username: MsAmes77
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 221.6

Very nice loss! Getting out for those walks not only is a great accomplishment but I am sure it’s a great way to clear your mind from a busy work day. Great job!

Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 209.6 (loss 0.6lbs)
    LTD: 41.2

Nice loss!

daily check in
    calories- under
    exercise 160 minutes
    steps 12588

Dancing your way to a healthy weight sounds like it is fun as well as exercise.

MeowScout wrote: »
    Howdy!
    PW 256
    CW 255

A loss two weeks in a row. Finally.
    Y’all I am so glad that all of you have joined this team! It is a great place to be, to get encouragement every week.

My April goals:
    1. Do not overeat at any meals.
    2. Try for 6000 steps
    3. Journal about my health journey 10 minutes.

Great goals for the month and an awesome loss! You are on your way to a successful month.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day : friday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 223.
    9. -1.2 LB

Fantastic loss! Put some aloe vera gel on your sunburn. I keep mine in the fridge and it is so soothing on that burn.

Happy Saturday team. ♥️

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 1
    Previous weight : 209.8
    Current weight : 209.8

Steps :

Sun - 2,902
    Mon - 20,174
    Tue - 14,107
    Wed - 10,728
    Thu - 13,925
    Fri - 24,767
    Sat - Coming 🔜

very nice steps. Maintaining can be a blessing some weeks.
    KarlyM59 wrote: »
    Good day everyone. Hope you have a great weekend. 😀

Username : KarlyM59
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 1
    Previous weight : 306.6
    Current weight : 299.6

Welcome to twoterville! Fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps 10,797

Running behind this morning. Had to postpone picking my walker up until Monday. Long story. I am off for my swim followed by grocery shopping.
This discussion has been closed.