What's on your mind?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,154 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    What I'm going to do with all this junk

3 boxes. Donate. Sell. Throw Away? :)

This is stuff I've already culled. I live with hoarders. I have 3 bags today to go to the donation bins. Old purses and shoes...why do we keep these things?
  • Alinouveau2
    cmsienk wrote: »
    What I'm going to do with all this junk

Did you find a house you liked?

We have found many we like but every one has something wrong like the most recent smelled really bad but was beautiful. The basement smelled like cat pee and the main floor smelled like something died 🤣. For what we're spending we kinda want it non smelly
  • Unsafe_Space
    Unsafe_Space Posts: 34 Member
    Thinking about this holiday break imma bout to fly to Turkey for. Nervous excitement.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @OpheliaCooter Nothing ventured nothing gained, right? Just try to go and have a good time, act confident, and you will be fine!! Have lots of fun!!

It's funny how much we change from our 20's to 30's, actually I was probably more like my 50's before I stopped being a yes person. :)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @OpheliaCooter Nothing ventured nothing gained, right? Just try to go and have a good time, act confident, and you will be fine!! Have lots of fun!!

It's funny how much we change from our 20's to 30's, actually I was probably more like my 50's before I stopped being a yes person. :)

It's hard sometimes. As unlikable my quiet *kitten* face demeanor is, I am a people pleaser at the end of the day. Next thing I know I'm keeping relationships alive by myself for no reason other than to make the other person happy. What about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???
    ha anyway, good to see ya in the forums Reenie. Not that you've been gone, but I have obv.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Actually, he didn’t even remember the date. I’m way less excited. Kinda offended. 😕 Idk I guess I thought he was actually into me but he’s probably just seeing which girl in just available on one of his whims.
    ☹️ Yep. This is it, we’re dating (me as ‘we’ when it wasn’t necessary and neither was this) and it is what it is. I’ve got options.
  • Unsafe_Space
    Unsafe_Space Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2022
    Wondering whether traveling is worthwhile. The borough of Istanbul that I'm in feels very much like New York City back in the United States. In a way it's fun, in another way maybe travelling is a bit hyped 🤷🏻‍♂️. You drop yourself in another country and, with some obvious differences (language barrier probably the most glaring one), it's not terribly different from back home but things just become more difficult, i.e. have to learn to navigate unfamiliar streets, hook up cell service all over, order food with difficulty as the wait staff look at you with bewilderment, trying to figure out what you're saying..

I did notice one scam that was particularly devious. There are these kids (~ 5 ~ 8 years in appearance) near the city center. They sit on the sidewalk with a large trash bag full of fast food containers (mostly KFC) and will be rummaging through the contents of the containers, picking at leftover scraps, giving the appearance they're desperate enough to eat scraps from the trash. They're not. I gave one some food but with a little time I realized he didn't care for the food at all. Passersby will feel sorry and will give them money, but if you watch from a distance you'll notice that every now and again the kids will run over to older dudes (young teens) and give them the money that starts accumulating. They work in tandem with the younger under authority to the older kids, all looking out for one another, and they'll scatter like cockroaches at the slightest indication authorities may be approaching. Devious little kids.
  • Unsafe__Space
    Unsafe__Space Posts: 32 Member
    Istanbul is crawling with cats. I witnessed a grey and a black one standing off and start to fight just outside a restaurant near city center. I broke it up and gently shoo'd the grey one a little further down the street before they caused a scene, only to witness the black cat go seeking after the grey one. Sigh. Who new cats can be like humans and not just let something go.
  • Alinouveau2
    Istanbul is crawling with cats. I witnessed a grey and a black one standing off and start to fight just outside a restaurant near city center. I broke it up and gently shoo'd the grey one a little further down the street before they caused a scene, only to witness the black cat go seeking after the grey one. Sigh. Who new cats can be like humans and not just let something go.

Istanbul is such an awesome city
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    So warm, so windy, it’s a trade off.
    Do I want to be outside enough to suffer through the allergy aftermath?

5mu3bl8dhzjv.gif
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    I’m mostly afraid he’ll think I’m ugly, fat and poor but it is what it is.
    Worry less about whether they like you and more about whether you even like them.
    I decided this go around I’m not leaving the house unless they took the time to get to know me and I feel like it.
    Idk I guess I thought he was actually into me but he’s probably just seeing which girl in just available on one of his whims.
    It sounds like you are saying you want to form an emotional attachment to them before you meet them and you expect them to do the same. You will end up wasting your time and energy attaching to someone who is very likely to be incompatible.
    Next thing I know I'm keeping relationships alive by myself
    You sound like you are also at risk of creating relationships where they shouldn't exist. You said your ex was someone you went on one date with. Did you talk to him online for awhile before that date and convince yourself you guys were a good fit? You may have an m.o. I have my own and have to self-evaluate so I don't end up in the same situation again.

I think it's really hard to find someone we can connect with and have a real conversation with, let alone someone we are also compatible with and attracted to. It's a tall order. I'm not hopeful. I'd be content with good conversation.

So I usually meetup for coffee or a pastry. A friend on here suggested ice cream. I thought that was an excellent idea. I think you should plan meetups with several guys before you plan dates with any. Tell them ahead of time that you can only slip away for 20 minutes. Everyone understands it's to break the ice and see if you even like them. There are no expectations. No investment. Nothing is ventured. If someone isn't interested in you, don't pick yourself apart or let it destroy your self worth. It has nothing to do with your worth...they just didn't find you to be compatible with them.

I mean, damn…

Can you also write RXs?

*Asking for a friend*
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022

I don't know. The borough with the hotel I'm staying at honestly just feels like New York City with with a few differences, the most obvious one being the serious language barrier. Methinks travelling is overrated. Dropping myself in a foreign country whose language I don't understand and making things infinitely more difficult for myself? Who in the world said traveling was the bee's knees? I'd like to tell them too kindly *kitten* right off. There's absolutely nothing this place has that America doesn't already offer to me. The Blue Mosque? I could have seen that in a book at the library without spending tons of money to see it with my own eyes while being pestered by scammers and pushy hustlers at the city center.
  • Alinouveau2
    edited April 2022

I don't know. The borough with the hotel I'm staying at honestly just feels like New York City with with a few differences, the most obvious one being the serious language barrier. Methinks travelling is overrated. Dropping myself in a foreign country whose language I don't understand and making things infinitely more difficult for myself? Who in the world said traveling was the bee's knees? I'd like to tell them too kindly *kitten* right off. There's absolutely nothing this place has that America doesn't already offer to me. The Blue Mosque? I could have seen that in a book at the library without spending tons of money to see it with my own eyes while being pestered by scammers and pushy hustlers at the city center.

I can assure you Istanbul has so much more than America has. It saddens me that you think seeing something in a book is better than in person. Travelling is about experiencing the culture and the differences and seeing wonders. The Hagia Sophia cannot be replicated in a book, the sheer insanity of traffic in the streets of Istanbul cannot be replicated anywhere!

Travelling to me is about seeing how other live. My favourite city to visit us Vienna because I have friends there so I can get the inside locals tour. I love taking people on tours of my city even. Adventure is what keeps life interesting
  • Alinouveau2
    edited April 2022
    The fact I'm happy I don't live in Manitoba!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    We don't go out to eat very often. But hubby's birthday was yesterday and it was like pulling teeth to get him to agree to go to a restaurant with me. I promise I'll wear a bag over my head and take a shower too, dear. :) Finally, he agreed to breakfast this a.m. at a really good family diner. They have such delicious food and I was all set to indulge in the famous French Toast. Got there and there were 4 cars in the parking lot, thought wow, surprised they're not busy but lucky us, it's not crowded. :)

Note to self: always check FB pages to learn most recent updates. :( They're closed until Monday due to kitchen staff having Covid. :(
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022

I can assure you Istanbul has so much more than America has. It saddens me that you think seeing something in a book is better than in person. Travelling is about experiencing the culture and the differences and seeing wonders. The Hagia Sophia cannot be replicated in a book, the sheer insanity of traffic in the streets of Istanbul cannot be replicated anywhere!

Travelling to me is about seeing how other live. My favourite city to visit us Vienna because I have friends there so I can get the inside locals tour. I love taking people on tours of my city even. Adventure is what keeps life interesting

I've been thinking about these things. I dunno.. I think the language barrier has been a major cause for increasing frustration and has kinda dampened the experience and mood. The rare occasions I do run into someone who speaks one of the languages I speak, we talk, laugh, I notice my mood elevates. Hey - we humans are sociable creatures, no? Sometimes being alone can be enjoyable, but go too long alone and.. perhaps not so enjoyable

As for Istanbul.. I prescribed for myself 19 days in Turkey. I've enjoyed maybe 3 out of the 7 days I've spent in Istanbul. There are the things about the city that give it an oriental touch, the cuisine is ok. I do like the old-world cobble streets. But besides the few peculiar places of interest here and there, it seems like mostly a conrete jungle of bland concrete buildings, and like the majority of the city is a giant bazaar or market with bodega after bodega everywhere one looks. I've been starting to think Hawaii would've been a better travel destination

Am I still being too harsh 😬? Am I blind, and so far still just unable to unearth the hidden gems of this city which make it magical to others 🤔

Today I have departed Istanbul for other parts of the country. I'm hoping to run into greater number of people I can actually interact with, enjoy my time better, and find some adventure.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member

I've been thinking about these things. I dunno.. I think the language barrier has been a major cause for increasing frustration and has kinda dampened the experience and mood. The rare occasions I do run into someone who speaks one of the languages I speak, we talk, laugh, I notice my mood elevates. Hey - we humans are sociable creatures, no? Sometimes being alone can be enjoyable, but go too long alone and.. perhaps not so enjoyable

As for Istanbul.. I prescribed for myself 19 days in Turkey. I've enjoyed maybe 3 out of the 7 days I've spent in Istanbul. There are the things about the city that give it an oriental touch, the cuisine is ok. I do like the old-world cobble streets. But besides the few peculiar places of interest here and there, it seems like mostly a conrete jungle of bland concrete buildings, and like the majority of the city is a giant bazaar or market with bodega after bodega everywhere one looks. I've been starting to think Hawaii would've been a better travel destination

Am I still being too harsh 😬? Am I blind, and so far still just unable to unearth the hidden gems of this city which make it magical to others 🤔

Today I have departed Istanbul for other parts of the country. I'm hoping to run into greater number of people I can actually interact with, enjoy my time better, and find some adventure.

Sorry, but I think you are lacking in culture. I was there years ago and still remember the marvels I saw. The ancient Constantinople, and what's left of the Roman presence---mosaics especially are breathtaking. I do live in Rome and have an appreciation for art. The mosques we saw were lovely. Santa Sofia is an architectual wonder--if you take the time to discover it's story. Perhaps you needed to invest in a knowledgeable guide.

I found the people to be very friendly and the food was very good. When you pick a destination for a trip you need to know something about the place, or be willing to learn and explore "on site". Just a tip for your next trip.