Stop that Munching 4-6?

2»

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Eat an earlier dinner. Listen to your body regarding when it wants to eat. I'm not an evening eater, and if I've had a big enough lunch, I can happily skip dinner altogether. Often have dinner at 4:30, and don't need to eat again until morning.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 505 Member
    Looks like we've lost the OP, but I agree with others. I don't typically eat breakfast either, but lunch is my biggest meal of the day. I eat dinner early, like around 4pm, and just try to fit in what I need to sustain myself until bedtime, and I'm good for the rest of the day. If you are constantly finding you need to eat midday, then eat more at lunch. Also, snacking is okay, as long as you chose healthy snacks, like vegetables. Don't keep anything around that is going to trigger uncontrollable hunger like cake. If I have cake or similar, then I just want to keep eating. Better just to not have it on hand.
  • If I ate that little during the day, I would be sure to have a healthy, hearty snack already prepped and waiting for me to devour when I walked in the door.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    Every day I get home from work, I munch.. on fruit, yoghurt, granola, cake.. and by the time I am done I don't really want dinner. How on earth do I break this cycle? I can skip breakfast, have a light lunch but then cave in mid afternoon till 5pm.

Do you sit down when you get home form work? If so don't, do something. Hard to eat when moving. The couch or recliner is your enemy.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    If I skip breakfast same thing Im snacking in the afternoon. I would suggest not skipping breakfast or having a much larger lunch.

I tried intermittent fasting and it just made me want to binge. Idk if thats your goal by skipping breakfast or not but thought Id add that in. Skipping breakfast backfires for some people.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Every day I get home from work, I munch.. on fruit, yoghurt, granola, cake.. and by the time I am done I don't really want dinner. How on earth do I break this cycle? I can skip breakfast, have a light lunch but then cave in mid afternoon till 5pm.

Do you sit down when you get home form work? If so don't, do something. Hard to eat when moving. The couch or recliner is your enemy.

It so so so isn't that hard.

Hell, right now I'm doing a walking dvd, eating, and reading the mfp forums.

I agree with the others who say the op should try eating more during the day.

Or maybe add a little protein in there, space the munching out a bit more, and graze your dinner instead of having a "regular" meal.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    I don't eat breakfast and have a light lunch at 1pm during my work break. I finish work at 5pm and tend to eat an apple around 4:30pm so that when I get home I'm not tempted to snack for the sake of it. It helps keep my hunger at bay until I make dinner.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    hot tea helps me rather than eating.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I have 200 calories every day from 4 to 6.

Usually 100 cal popcorn and 100 calories fruit.

Nothing after dinner till breakfast.