WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Rita - Add me to the people who care about you. <3 You are living a life with many contradictions and only you can decide what to do about it. Did you pursue the online therapy? We support you. <3

I crashed out this afternoon for an hour and a half. But not until after my afternoon rowing and cycling. :D

Thus evening's dinner was heavenly chilli with all the trimmings. Heap of salad. One tortilla each.
    Making goat's milk yoghurt from the milk I have left over that I bought for Bea.

Looking forward to the new series of 'Gentleman Jack' this evening.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    Carla Yay for the win and Yay for the happy time!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    Rita — Add me to friends here who value you. Sending hugs and good wishes your way. I hope you will find a counselor or MD who will give you guidance and encouragement. ❤️.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Carla - Lovely to have such happy times to store in your memory. <3

Feeling relaxed tonight, with many happy memories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    edited April 2022
    Rita: (((Hugs)))We care about you. You have had a lot to contend with.
    Heather: Family are planning a picnic on Good Friday. Someone suggested coming back to ours for dinner. I suggested pizza. I will still have to clear the dining room, but no cooking. 😝 I will have prawn salad. Job done.

Having an early night.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 1hr 49min 7sec, dust, vacuum, laundry etc= 466c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    I said I would try to cook Easter dinner so we could have my Aunt, Uncle and cousin come over. Silly me, I keep forgetting I don't cook very well anymore. But I can make a cake ahead of time. Then ham, green beans, and sweet potatoes. With pineapple stuffing and dinner rolls. That would be enough, and I can make it non-dairy. I just need a plan to get everything hot. If the dinner actually happens.

I'm having a lazy day today. Tomorrow I'm going out to lunch after my yoga, then I have my meditation group, so it will be busy. But there's not much I can do ahead.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Evening ladies
    Had a wonderful swarae with Trudy and the rest of our group.. Trudy back from Greece went crazy and prepared homemade mousaka ,spanikopita,a greek salad and they did shots of Ouzo.. not me .. she also made Taziki..with pita
    All was absolutely delicious..and we laughed away as usual.. our dear friend Lil was there too.. she is coming up on her 92nd birthday.. and just living it up.. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends...
    Ive been working on a closet,not the walk in one,more so the linen one .. and i found that if i work at it 10 minutes or so at a time i get more accomplished.
    Rita- I hope you get the help you need ,you know you have us all right here and a lending ear whenever needed
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TX9EAavxrus

:) When Heather wrote about the various food allergies and preferences in her family, it reminded me of this video.
  • Katla49
    edited April 2022
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Kim, I am so glad that there is someone who your brother trusts who will also act in yours and your nephew's best interests! I can only imagine the relief you feel! I do hope your physical reaction settles down quickly.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    Wow, Kim! Like you, I would be suspicious, but I hope it checks out. Keep your antennae waving. <3 Bad guys don't usually have good friends. They usually have friends who are just like them. Make sure your mother's financial information is completely safe. This guy is a cyber whizz. If he is charming and plausible, so much less reason to trust him. (((HUGS)))
    I'm sure you are right about the stress reaction.

Slept much better last night. Even after my long nap yesterday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Rita (((hugs)))
    Barbara I'm so sorry about you having to let Gino to another future family
    Barbie that is a cute video

I had to work a ton this past week on some thing. Didn't really have time off on weekend.
    Also complicated relation in our collective. One person difficult to deal with and rather than sorting it out one on one she insisted of spending the "first 5 minutes" of a very short 30 min meeting on airing her grievances. of course it took half the meeting, gave a bad atmosphere. She was also not into discussing or listening but only accusing and complaining. She's rather in charge of something today and she's poorly informed. doesn't look like she's up to date at all nor even if she read the documentation.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    Kim: Like Heather said, it pays to stay alert, just in case.
    Julie: There always seems to be one person who rocks the boat.
    (((Rita)))
    (((DrKatie)))

I will have a leisurely morning, then go to Monday Painters after lunch.

☘️ Terri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, P, CI<CO, CI<250<CO.
    Bonus: dogs to powerline, devilled eggs for fellowship, in person church, progress on taxes. Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 142.4, H20x5, active 2:58
    Active April
    10: Have a day free from TV or screens and get moving instead.
    11: Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. 30 mins day walking.

Snuggling in bed with Tumble and Shadow this morning helped. So did in person church, fellowship and washing up after. Pastor’s wife is a gifted connector as well as cook. She sent some left over carrot cake, made from her home grown carrots, home with me for Joe. He said it was the best carrot cake he’d ever eaten. Told him if he’d’ve come to church he could have had two pieces. ;) When I texted her his thanks she said she’d make him another one.

Heavy, pouring down rain tonight, forecast to continue all week, and boy, don’t my joints know it!

Lisa, Allie, Betsy, Carla, Michele, Kay, Julie thank you all for your understanding and kindness.

Lisa, thanks also for the reminder to not try to accomplish the entire, overwhelming projects, but to complete one task, then celebrate with a healthy break.
    Heather, I would have panicked at DSIL’s get together suggestion, not for food prep anxiety, but for fear of some big scary family announcement. Pessimistic, moi? Sound advice to Kim about protecting her mum’s financials.
    Betsy you were in my heart this morning. Glad your son is there to help you as the shock wears off and the realization pain and grief set in.
    Rita ((hugs))
    Katla you can’t be expected to prepare food for a surprise visit. Trust the extended family brought refreshments?
    Kay :cry: for your Pip and the neighbors kitten. Coyotes are ruthless. Brava for your pig walking DH! ((hugs)) for your caregiving.
    Barbie thanks for the holiday dinner video, I needed those laughs!
    Kim Thankful for Tim, and that you checked him out. Brava for self care. ((hugs)) for all you are going through.

Time to zzz.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif