What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Today was supposed to be a rest day, but it was beautifully sunny, and above 50F (10C) - a thing that's been slow/rare to happen here so far this Spring . . . so I took a walk, roadside then trail and back, from home: 4.2 miles (6.8 km) at moving average 3.7 mph (6 kph), easy pace. Looks like I hit Z3 (barely) for about 2' total on some minor hills, otherwise Z2 & below.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Elliptical, 1 session today, 272 minutes for 17.54 miles.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    I did a 9 km walk in 87 minutes and burned 600 cals.
  • AnnPT77
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    Didn’t do my usual end of the week easy Sunday 30 minute workout. After a 29 year hiatus I ran the 45th Austin Capital 10k… so got a 10k done early in the day…

3dw2ta7seups.jpeg

You know I think I can’t complain that I got my work out done early and overall did pretty good…

@mrmota70: I can't even tell you how inspiring, motivational, and all-round excellent this is, IMO. Go, you! (I've been seeing you on this and other threads, cheering in my head.)

You rock, fer serious.
  • jmc5127
    jmc5127 Posts: 39 Member
    1.5 hours at the public pool playing with the grandchildren. They beg to go to bed at night. :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I spent the weekend caving in Wales. I traveled down on the Friday after work, leaving at about 8 and arriving just after midnight. Saturday was Pant Mawr for some SRT practice. It's a lovely cave; it gets way nicer after the first boulder choke.

We set off later than intended on the Sunday, so we decided for a smaller trip. We did the round trip at Ogof Ffynnon Ddu 1. Although it's short, it's quite challenging with plenty of climbs and traverses, You need cow's tails at a few points, to clip onto wire, as there are some large drops over some of the hairier bits. We left Wales at about 5, and I was home by 9.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@mrmota70: I can't even tell you how inspiring, motivational, and all-round excellent this is, IMO. Go, you! (I've been seeing you on this and other threads, cheering in my head.)

You rock, fer serious.

Much thanks Ann…

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    First ride of the vacation week in Florida, including a scenic section along Jupiter Island. Pancake flat terrain but a stiff breeze during the return trip. Got in 43 miles at a 17.2 ave.
    Planning a short ride and pool swim for today.
  • Djproulx
    Didn’t do my usual end of the week easy Sunday 30 minute workout. After a 29 year hiatus I ran the 45th Austin Capital 10k… so got a 10k done early in the day…

3dw2ta7seups.jpeg

You know I think I can’t complain that I got my work out done early and overall did pretty good…

You rock, fer serious.
    Agree. Well done! That’s a solid result!
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    edited April 2022
    Today - 12 Apr 2022

Walk - 2km - 24 mins
    Swim - 60 x 25m - 61 mins
    Walk - 3.5km - 45 mins
    Yoga/Stretch - 29 mins
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Finally ran 5km again. Not fast, not elegant, but made it :D
    Currently sitting on the couch curled up, compressing my calf muscle a bit, and what happens: oh, that feels like I'm getting a crap. Better not do that. So what do I do? Lets see how far I can get without getting a cramp - resulting in.. of course a cramp :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Back to Oly lifting. It's the only lifting that I can honestly say I actually have a lot of fun with. I'm not sure why I ever dropped it. Good lunch break.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    7km run
  • Djproulx
    Casual bike riding to and from the pool, plus some tooling around totaled roughly 15 miles. Lap pool swim was 1700 yds, all done at an easy pace (2:08/100 ave)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »

3dw2ta7seups.jpeg

You rock, fer serious.
    Agree. Well done! That’s a solid result!

Absolutely! Great job.

Been getting in workouts when I can. Landscapers still working on back yard. Wife finally got on a walking boot and is doing better from her foot surgery and I'm done with my 2021 taxes, so life will be slowly getting back to semi-normal soon.

Got in 45 minutes on Sunday and then today a 12 X 90 second interval session/1 minute rests on the Assault Bike. Only around 32 total minutes but felt good to really push the HR. Can't wait till they are done in the backyard so I can row again on my deck, hopefully before it gets too hot (which is usually by late May, they should be done by next week). Lots more color and trees and artificial turf -- all desert plants that don't require much water but very pretty stuff.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited April 2022
    I went climbing. It was fun; I was in form. I got around 4 or 5 new 6a/6b graded routes (V3 or v4) including quite a few session flashes. 2 hour session.

I seem to be a bit broken now, though.
  • therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    It was extremely lame! Recovering from a bad sciatica flare up & today was my first day back at the gym after missing the past 12 days.

30 minutes on the treadmill- 0 incline, 3mph

Felt good to move my body; even at a snails pace!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I went climbing. It was fun; I was in form. I got around 4 or 5 new 6a/6b graded routes (V3 or v4) including quite a few session flashes. 2 hour session.

I seem to be a bit broken now, though.

Nice...I haven't been climbing in awhile, I need to do that one of these days. I haven't done outdoor since my climbing buddy passed in a freak climbing accident a couple of years ago...a little in the gym, but not much since the accident. It kinda spooked me.
  • AnnPT77
    It was extremely lame! Recovering from a bad sciatica flare up & today was my first day back at the gym after missing the past 12 days.

30 minutes on the treadmill- 0 incline, 3mph

Felt good to move my body; even at a snails pace!

That's not even the slightest bit lame: It's pretty excellent, actually.

Everyone has setbacks occasionally, and figuring out when to get back in safely, how to keep moving, maintain or make progress with fitness habits - that's the very thing. You're doing fine, keep paying attention to your body's feedback, work at improvement gradually - perfect!