40-something, UK. C'mon . . . let's do it again!!! πŸ₯³πŸŽΆ

Options
Hi there! πŸ˜€

If you recognise the line from the song in my topic title, we are already friends! πŸ˜„

I'm Ales, from the North West in the UK. I've been registered here for a long time, but now
I'm back again to daily logging.

5ft 3", 15st 10.6lbs / 220.6lbs / 100kg SW. My first mini goal is to get into the 14st range, then under 200 lbs.

I'm so sick of being too overweight, feeling awful and desperately don't want to follow the path of bad health that I had to nurse both of my parents through.

I do have some medical stuff going on including back injuries and joint issues which will make exercise almost impossible at my size, so for now, weight loss through portion control and healthier eating is the name of the game for me. Just taking it slow with 0.5lbs/ per week weight loss, I'm not in a rush, this is a permanent life-change for me. Something has just clicked in my mind and I want this excess weight OFF!

As motivation I'm using new clothes. I really want to make my own clothes as I can never find anything I like in colours I can wear.

I'd really love to make some new friends here so that we can cheer each other along. I love cooking, music (older stuff mostly), sewing, knitting, gardening (though can't do very much) and many other things.

Feel free to say Hi! Everyone welcome!

Replies

• KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I’m kerrie, I’m medically disqualified from exercise so I’m a diet only person. Good luck and just don’t stop on the hard days
  • Alesgriff79
    Alesgriff79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there Kerrie!!! Nice to meet you! Looks like we have similar circumstances regarding exercise. How have you been getting on?
  • KL1887
    KL1887 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Erm quite well to be honest, my goal isn’t to lose weight, just to maintain where I am. If I go up or down a few kgs it’s no big deal. How are you finding the beginning?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m doing it again too! Though am in my mid 50’s, 230 and aiming as a final goal to get to 147 (BMI 24.9). Can do some exercise, but work (NHS*) full time, so do not have much time … would welcome an add for support to get there!

(* so FT & more πŸ™„)
  • Alesgriff79
    Options
    Excellent, well done!
    Yeah I'm doing alright thanks. This isn't the first time I've used mfp, but honestly I'm so sick of being overweight, that tracking what I'm eating will keep me responsible and hopefully get me some results. I've already lost a few lbs by myself and I'm not at my highest weight ever, or anything, but I need to lose more weight for sure. Just slow and steady as I have my loss set of 0.5lbs per week, as if i start to feel too deprived my 'rebelious side' starts to kick in and sabotages all my efforts, lol!
  • Alesgriff79
    Options
    Hey @Janatki !

Of course I'll add you as a friend!
    Thankyou for putting yourself on the front lines of healthcare for us. Your hard work and care is very much appreciated. <3