Share your Numbers

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I had made up my mind when I joined MFP almost 3 years ago that THIS would be the time I would lose weight and keep it off….ha ha tricks on me!….as heavy as I was, I had no major health problems: no heart problems, no diabetes and no lung issues….I always promised myself if I really had to lose weight for a serious health issue, that I would do it….I never understood how people could smoke when they know it causes lung cancer….somehow I didn’t equate my own morbid obesity with eating too much = very bad health!….now that I have something wrong with my heart I guess it is time to really get serious….I have an appointment with my regular doctor next Monday and he will refer me to a cardiologist and I will go from there….I have already made some major changes the past couple of days….now is the time!

By the way, I hate that term, “ morbid obesity”…. It sounds so final!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    edited April 2022
    Connie, this kind of reminds me of my own situation. I was fat, happy and generally fine. Whatever was going wrong was controlled by meds so I just plodded along. Lose weight then regain and lose again. Finally just accepted that I’d be obese forever.

Then suddenly things got a bit more serious. And so did I! I’m a slow learner that way.
  • conniewilkins56
    Exactly!
  • conniewilkins56
    ( taking a very deep breath ) Here we go….

May 28/2019…..Starting Weight……350+

June 17/2021…..Lowest Weight……240

Lost 110 pounds!

April 11/2022……291.6
    April 12/2022……284.0…..- 7.6
    April 13/2022……280.4…..- 3.6
    April 14/2022……279.2…..- 1.2

That’s 12.4 pounds in THREE days….I know it is mostly “ water weight “ but I don’t care what it is as long as it is coming off!…I am so glad I have come to my senses before I managed to gain all of my loss back!….I realize I am in the “Honeymoon Phase “ again but I know the losses will slow down very soon…I am so proud and so envious of those of you that can maintain your weight….I am eating about 1500 calories a day and have my goal set to lose 1.5 pounds a week…I really want to do maintenance breaks correctly this time around…does anyone have suggestions when I take the first one?….I was thinking after I reach my lowest weight again?….should I change my goal to lose 2 pounds a week?….could I realistically lose 79 pounds by Christmas?….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    edited April 2022
    Connie.... deep breath my friend!

Let's get going for a bit here first before we mess with adjust things, hey?

Based on your descriptions, the size of your deficit is not what will make or break your efforts.

Avoiding all but an extremely occasional binge? That WILL let you get to where you want to go!

:kissing_heart:
  • conniewilkins56
    Amen!…you got that right!…if I could control the binges, I wouldn’t be in the mess I am!…
  • conniewilkins56
    And, my emotional life ( John, my heart, Amanda’s knee )…. I am a wreck!
  • PAV8888
    so let's avoid triggering! Also... have you ever considered exploring CBT?
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    so let's avoid triggering! Also... have you ever considered exploring CBT?

I have tried everything including a psychiatrist once….I probably needed to see “ someone “ my entire life but we all have dysfunction in our lives….I am a survivor…..we all have stories….

I am going to try to avoid my “ triggers “…. It is best I do not eat some foods but honestly, if I binge it could be on any kind of food….and for any reason!

I just have so much ( what is too much ? ) going on in my world right now…eating garbage isn’t going to help my husband or daughter or myself….and my daughter seeing me with my struggles and her knee surgery coming up just keeps eating like a starving person!…

On a good note, we have a cabin on hold for four days in June if we are able to travel to the mountains…my husband is the baby of 8 and his oldest brother will be 80 with a huge party and reunion planned while we are there…I am already dreading the food problems while I am away from home…
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2022
    @conniewilkins56 hope everything goes well with that doc appointment. Had some heart problems myself in the past (after I had a stroke I was diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), which might have been the trigger for it), and it does suck monkeyballs - pardon my expression -, especially since we do want to get some cardio in, now and then.

Over at the Balkan front, good progress this week.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 64.5 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 74.4 kg - 164 lb - 27 ΒΜΙ

LW: 80.5 kg - 178.8 lb - 29.4 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 79.8 kg - 175.9 lb - 29.0 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.7 kg / -1.5 lb / -0.87% TBW

OL: 98.0 kg - 216.1 lb - 35.6 BMI - 55.1% TBW in 729 days

Weight class projections:
    Obese class II: Reached - 21.05.2021 - 401 days.
    Obese class I: Reached - 25.09.2021 - 526 days.
    Overweight: Reached - 19.03.2022 - 704 days.
    Goal (74.4kg): 5.4 kg - 11.9 lb - 40 days.

First time in 20 years I've weighed less than 80kg. That is/should be a big milestone for me, I'm not really feeling it though. Maybe I'm coming closer to my goal and my body dysmorphia is starting to kick in, making me dread maintenance.

We'll have to see about that. Back to our original program, for now.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    Big CONGRATULATIONS, Dante!

By the way, I'm serving your Greek Green Bean and Olive Oil stew for Easter this Sunday...it has been such a hit with everyone I've had the privilege to make it for. Thank you for sharing.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    @conniewilkins56 - really rooting for you…under such emotioal duress and you keep on going. Hope you can hang in & stay on track whilst all this is going on around you lovely lady Just one day, or meal at a time and gently forward… that is what I’m (trying failing trying succeeding and then chalkin up in my dairy!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,724 Member
    Woohoo great progress again Dante - you continue to impress me! Your dread of maintenance is the polar opposite of my own feelings about maintenance - I was excited and eager to meet the new challenge. And thus far it's not been nearly as hard as I imagined it would be (though admittedly it's early days...)

Connie - I'm sending you tons and tons of positive vibes! I echo Pav when I say don't push yourself to go too fast - if you feel too restricted and pressured you'll exponentially increase your chances of going into a tailspin and undoing all your progress with an uncontrolled binge. ANY progress is better than no progress (and by 'ANY progress' I include weight equilibrium - i.e. neither gaining nor losing).

Most of us in this group have had times in our lives when we would've sold our souls to stop gaining weight. When I was being pulled by a tractor beam towards poor dietary choices and seeing my weight spiral upwards, even maintenance felt way, way beyond my reach and capability.I used to say: I don't care about losing, just not gaining would be a victory!

But as soon as we start losing, we forget that maintenance is an aspirational and celebratory state; it feels like failure, not something positive. We need to remind ourselves that steady-state-segueing-into-modest-maintainable-losses is our sweet spot, achieved through seemingly inconsequential dietary and activity adaptions, not through putting ourselves through the wringer.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    I see to my surprise that the below hadn't posted. So I will edit it a bit and post it... I guess :wink:

British Garfield 😻😻😻

Connie: Garfield is smart! 😎

@Dante_80 man be impressed please. You must be flying. I was so stocked when I got to the 170s. My first real hikes in years too.

I won't hide it from you. 🐹s have to managed.

I am sitting here after a week ten days of every day clocking in between 154.2 and 154.8, i.e. I am finally hitting February / March 2021 weight ranges after having spent most of the year in the range of up to +3lbs, briefly even +4lbs above that. And incidentally having the -125 mark* back in play unequivocally and quible free!

Yet yesterday a few days ago I was complaining to Greek girl about the side of tummy and face and internally dialoguing that this is far from good enough--and let's not forget the wrinkled skin under the neck and all that!. Yet I came up the stairs running to get the phone while carrying three 4L jugs of water that I didn't bother to put down till I put one down to reach for the phone. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Health first. Perceptions... they can sort themselves--with a lot of management! :lol:

PS: new hamster management trick! A couple of months back I set my "current weight" to about 4 lbs below my then current so that my caloric goal would be imperceptibly lower even though all would look exactly as before! So I've kept "blowing past my targets" as much as I've always consistently blown past my targets... but slowly losing weight! :wink: Take that hamsters! :lol: I can fool me with the best of them!

PS: WELL DONE @luxia2020

*Max weight was never known since old scale was analogue and anything above 280 became zero... And I didn't get on the devil when I was close or above 0 🙀🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Mar 31 2022 Weight 219.8 lbs

LW 4/12 217.6 lbs
    CW 4/19 217.2 lbs
    Loss 0.4 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 41.4 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 59.6 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 14.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 48.2 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 72.2 lbs
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    Good work, ABD! Thank you for the consistent inspiration.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Mar 31 2022 Weight 219.8 lbs

LW 4/19 217.2 lbs
    CW 4/20 217.0 lbs
    Loss 0.2 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 41.6 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 59.8 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 14.0 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 48.0 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 72.0 lbs

Finally hit the low from March 23rd when I was sick. Hoping to see a new low before next Thursday. We will be going out of town for a long weekend. I'm going to try to make good choices while we are gone but that is a lot of days of restaurant food. Won't be weighing while I'm gone because I can't figure out how to take my scale with me. It's a glass one and I don't want to break it. :)