April 12

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,176 Member

pass day 1/3 used

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    so far so good for pre-logging today (after being very sloppy about logging since getting back home - combined with lower-than-usual daily step totals for the past 10 days)
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    3xyes. Day 3 of Epic II + 6.4km walk. Pass days used still 3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited April 2022
    ✅✅✅

3️⃣ Pass Days left

I had planned a pass day today, as far as tracking went, but in the end I didn’t go mad with lunch, and tracked it all. With all the extra walking in the city, I am well in the green.

How do you maintain productive eating patterns and/or get yourself on track when derailed?

I find that tracking everything is my best tool for maintaining productive eating. I make sure I get a sensible variety of foods and maintain a healthy carbs/protein/fat ratio. I look at my weekly figures, which irons out any little blips. It helps me take immediate remedial action if necessary.

When I was losing weight I used an app to follow the trend of my weight, which meant I didn’t stress about the vagaries of the scale.
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2022
    @stayFITTer love this opener - thank you! I'm looking forward to reading other replies/ideas since I'm not sure I have many good tactics beyond just pre-logging on plan for the day and only keeping on-plan foods around the house.

✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (49 min walk)
    ✔︎ Within calorie budget
    ✔︎ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (🌱=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    🌱-🌱-🌱-🌱-🌱–🌱-🌱-🌱-🏴‍☠️-🌱-🏴‍☠️-🌱-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30
    Passes used = 2 / 3

Habit tracking this month:
    ✔︎ read/listen/take notes with intention on subjects towards desired identity 5+ days/week
    📚-📚-📚-📚-📚–📚-📚-📚-📚-📚-✘-📚-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30
    ✔︎ more whole foods/less processed food, this month: no flour 5+ days/week
    🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐–🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-✘-🫐-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,772 Member
    4/12
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    April 12th

Exercise: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    (1/3 pass days used)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,279 Member
    April 12, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (9 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (9 days)

Pass day 3/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,777 Member
    12 April
    ✅✅✅
    0 pass days used
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,511 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer be brave and try that dress on then you know where to start… if you need to, you got this if it helps I will eat the ice cream for you !
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 991 Member
    April 12
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES!! My Fitbit showed 26 minutes of activity. I decided today at work to move files from the front room to the back room. I hit 8000 steps today. Also had to shovel today.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Worked a full day today. We got a lot of snow today. I had to shovel my way to the door in order to open it and eat lunch.

@tahm42 I just read your story about the family cabin. Hugs to you and your family.
  • Jan1936
    Jan1936 Posts: 485 Member
    edited April 2022
    April 12

Yes x 3
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,469 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    5 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-P-P-P-5-6-P-8-9-10-11-12

The tale of the tape (um...scale) tells the story of some of my derailments along the way. In the past, I truly would let one bad meal/bad day/bad week take me completely off plan - sometimes for months. This time, I have a conversation with myself about how I've come too far to give up. I also tell myself that it could take a few days or even a week to get back to where I was, but I know what I need to do to recover.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Pass day. Went for supper with a friend to an amazing Indian restaurant. Neither of our husbands are fans so we went out without them. Theres nothing in mfp with the name of what I ordered so had to guess on tracking. Calories may have been ok but no intentional exercise.

My struggle when I derail is to not completely throw in the towel - if I’ve gone 200 calories over, I might as well finish the whole bag of cookies and try ignore the fact that I’m now 1500 calories over. It’s been awhile since I’ve had that kind of binge but I know it looms. Next week we are on vacation for 6 days. Much less control over my meals and potential for lots of treats. My plan is to keep showing up here because accountability might help me from completely going off the rails!