What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Skipped working out yesterday, partly mood, partly twinge-y shoulder and knee.

Stationary bike today, keeping it light, barely made it into Z3. 11,100m in 29:47.1, 85W average overall including CD.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Slow and steady. Took Monday real easy with a 5k walk, but stepped it back up with a 5 mile jog today. Got very windy as things were finishing up, but still managed a 5 mile outing. The sore nips said 5 miles is good enough…

de7mzblz018m.jpeg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Just around 50 minutes on the LateralX today. Kept it all under 75% max.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Just going to do some Zwifting this evening when I get home and get a little cardio in. I forgot how much Oly lifts fry the CNS when not adapted...went to bed last night exhausted at 9:30 and slept like a rock...I don't think I even moved and was still feeling tired when the alarm went off so I slept another 30 minutes instead of getting up to ride.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Rest day but I had softball practice.
  • AnnPT77
    Rowing machine again, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD again), 29:13.8 for the 2k pieces, 2:26.1 average pace, 22 spm. Mostly Z3, 4:39 in lower end of Z4.

HR peak was in the 2nd piece (2:25.8 pace), though the 1st piece was fastest (2:25.0), 3rd was slowest 2:27.6). Creep isn't everything, I guess, but it's something. 😆

I boxed myself in schedule-wise, so was trying to keep pace under 2:30 for time-predictability. 2:30 is easy math.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    AM
    Mobility (15m)
    Yoga (5m)
    Strength & Conditioning
    Clean and Press - 16kg Kettlebell
    E2M30SOM (13m)
    C&P - 5x4/4-3/3-2/2-1/1r (100)
    Conditioning
    Rope - 1x5m
    Meditate (5m)

PM
    Mobility - (15m)
    Strength
    EMOM (15m)
    Chins - 5x2-3-5r (50)
  • mrmota70
    Came home before lunch to finish out the week before starting a 5 day weekend. Figured knock out todays WO before eating lunch and weekly staff. Wanted to get in a 5 mile tread jog done. Got a little to sweaty and watch stopped and then I got prompted if I was jogging and if I wanted to start tracking a jog. 🤬. I got 2 cumulative jogs totaling about 4.7 miles. Good enough for today.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Long ride today. Sunny warm and quite breezy. Rode 71 miles @ 15.8mph ave. Went from Jupiter Florida north to Stuart and return via Juno beach.
    Focused on electrolyte intake and cooling tactics during the ride. Took in 6 bottles of fluid and used another two to assist in cooling.
    Met a 67 year old woman who is riding from Key West, Florida to Halifax, Nova Scotia. She estimates the trip will take 3 months. It was great to chat with her.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited April 2022
    Scuba diving in Cornwall - I got 2 dives in, which were lovely. My suit flooded, so I chose not to do the night dive. I somehow managed 10 miles of walking whils ineffectively kit faffing.
  • AnnPT77
    Just another stationary bike day: 10k+3' CD for 11,115m overall in 29:32;
    easy pace/89W/mostly Z2 (3:37 low Z3).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Got in a 50 minute or so steady state yesterday on the Assault Bike and today was intervals (normally on the rower) -- I split between LateralX and Assault Bike -- 5 minutes on, two off X seven sets. Got a really nice hard workout for not rowing.

Landscapers are nearly done today except the artificial turf in the back so I'll have my deck back soon if it's not too hot to row starting Sunday (tomorrow is off day). My puppies will be happy. They are not liking their yard tore up! I have a girl dog, Lucy, that would live outside if I let her.

Also did supersets today as well.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2022
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Everyone has setbacks occasionally, and figuring out when to get back in safely, how to keep moving, maintain or make progress with fitness habits - that's the very thing. You're doing fine, keep paying attention to your body's feedback, work at improvement gradually - perfect!

Like this Ann. Seems to be me in March and April. My setback seems to be my food intake not the fitness part. I'm staying within my calories, doing my Elliptical at least 3 hours on my days off (183 minutes today for 13.56 miles) but I'm eating junk (higher carbs) or items that make me gain water weight. Having a hard time getting my head back to eating better foods.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    22 lengths in a 50meter pool. Mostly power. Then a 1.3 mi walk right after.
  • AnnPT77
    If it's Friday, it must be 3 x (2k on, 2' off), rowing machine. 35:29 and 6754 meters overall, including the row outs/ins and CD; I'd call it higher moderate, 7:23 Z4, mostly Z3, remainder below; 2:26.9 average pace on the 2k pieces so 29:22.9, 107W average at DF 100ish and 20 average spm. Working on holding upper body shape as long as reasonable, fast arms away/body over, then easy slide.

I don't hate the HR response, as a li'l ol' lady with COPD, especially. I keep looking for symptoms, keep feeling mostly asymptomatic (gratefully).
    cgfolmqydokg.png

swimmom_1 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Everyone has setbacks occasionally, and figuring out when to get back in safely, how to keep moving, maintain or make progress with fitness habits - that's the very thing. You're doing fine, keep paying attention to your body's feedback, work at improvement gradually - perfect!

Like this Ann. Seems to be me in March and April. My setback seems to be my food intake not the fitness part. I'm staying within my calories, doing my Elliptical at least 3 hours on my days off (183 minutes today for 13.56 miles) but I'm eating junk (higher carbs) or items that make me gain water weight. Having a hard time getting my head back to eating better foods.

@swimmom_1, for me, I feel like there are cycles, and that if I give myself grace (but not excuses - a fine line), I tend to get through them. For me, reminding myself of my goals, thinking about how close I'm coming (or not) - that usually helps. Beating myself up usually doesn't help - kind of the reverse.

I'm still up a couple of pounds from the end-of-2021 holidays, struggling a bit (and even adding a bit) with end-of-Winter doldrums self-indulgence . . . just trying to stay semi-reasonable, create a bias toward daily life movement and good habits, until the warm-season automatic increase in daily life activity happens. Such a long Winter here, this year! 😬
  • jeyel81
    jeyel81 Posts: 1 Member
    Workout of the day - 2 mile walk in the park, burning 300 calories, and then in the evening did some mobility (jiujitsu) type mobility drills for 21 mins burning another 170 calories
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Took my last ride in Florida for this week, just 21 miles at 16.2 ave pace. Followed with a short transition run of twenty five minutes.

A sinus infection held me to only one swim this week, but I managed to get in 147 miles on the bike plus a couple short runs. May get time to run tomorrow before the return flight.
  • AnnPT77
    If it's Saturday, and still #$&* not Spring-like here, it must be stationary bike, 10k + 3' CD. 11,127m and 29:15 overall; pretty easy, Z3 and below (mostly Z2), 91W average including CD. Rest day planned tomorrow.
  • mrmota70
    Jogged 5 miles around hood on Friday with an additional 1.2 walked miles and 5 mile jog at the lake yesterday. Today likely a slow and steady 5k. I end my week with a 30 min WO on Sundays. The first mile will dictate if I don’t have to add a few extra minutes to get the full 30 mins knocked out. Happy Easter’s to all that celebrate and to all have a great Sunday.
  • mrmota70
    Definitely went a bit slower today. 3 hrs of yard work before I finally stopped rested about 30 and then hit the road for a 5k. Got it done in 30.46 so decided why not walk another 15 min mile since I took it easy. Dinner and 🥃 shortly.