vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 192.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Congrats to our Leaderboard peeps! @FushiaKat @Cornanda @TeresaW1020

@19shmoo69 – I hope office life is treating you better. So glad you have access to your beloved coffee! Where was your mission trip to? Our church tried planning one last fall and it would’ve been in the States, but it fell through (stupid COVID). I’ve never had a chance to participate in one since they’ve all been overseas previously and this girl doesn’t fly.

@TeresaW1020 – Nice job on sticking to your fast during the Easter egg hunt! I finished reading your paragraph and immediately downloaded Never Binge Again. Definitely going to give it a go. We can share our thoughts. I vaguely remember someone on our team mentioning it a year or so ago.

@trooworld – That dinner sounds divine! And awesome job getting through that hike. And how do you make your dehydrated strawberries? I think my Ninja has a dehydrate feature, too, but I’ve never tried it.

@laurelfit57 – You can download any of the books on Amazon using the Kindle App…don’t have to have a Kindle :) And good job on avoiding ice cream and the mall foods. Teriyaki stir fry sounds delicious!

@FushiaKat – Medium Maple Brown sounds yummy!

@Katmary71 – Sounds like you really worked your patookie off at that collection and food drive! You crack me up with all your plant purchases. I’m the same way with my stamping stuff! I hope your body has calmed down and the pain goes away quickly.

My weight is up a little, but not for long. I’ve had a lot of high-sodium foods, so it should start going back down. I’m going to pay more attention to my salt intake. Still happy to say I’m soda-free (been over a month, I believe). Sticking to my water and tea. Was able to make and send out 30 Easter cards (5 went to people on MFP) and I felt so accomplished. Now it’s back to working on the wedding invites!

NO ZERO DAYS!
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 567 Member
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    SATURDAY
    PW: 162.4
    CW: 161.6

WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER TO POST MY WEIGH IN ?????????? I SUCK!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @fushiakat thanks so much I will definitely be cheering you on! Yes… “Dear weight gods please let us lose just one more pound”🤣
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, although your new clothes may be beautiful right now, in 21 pounds you are definitely going to have to go shopping again :-)!

@katmary71 WOW! It sounds like your charity event was a great success, good for all of you! It sounds like you have found your community there, it is such a wonderful feeling when you belong❤️. Hmmm… I think you might need to learn how to pace yourself, so difficult to do when you are truly enjoying yourself, I am really happy for you!

@trooworld is that picture where you were hiking? It looks absolutely gorgeous! With all the walking you are doing at the zoo, you’ll be out pacing your husband soon :-)

@TeresaW1020 congrats on the weight loss! Yes, we are always looking for more lol. Your weather sounds absolutely delightful, especially the flowers are blooming! Hope you enjoyed your work out :-).

@cornanda It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, spring is such a lovely time to get things done in the yard and then you can reap the rewards all summer long! You are doing great! Our last two dogs, lived much longer than I had anticipated and my kids had all moved out of the house, so there was only me there with them. The last two years they couldn’t go for more than four hours without going on a potty break. I do remember missing them so horribly, but also remember the sense of freedom❤️

@vegan4lyfe wow, good for you for being a month soda free! I know that can be a hard habit to break! So kind of you to get out all those Easter cards.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Congrats on the loss!

Thanks so much everybody for the support on my weight loss. I have not been in the 130s for 30 years! I have been mostly in the 150s to 160s, I have definitely had periods when I have been higher than that. I just want to reach 135 and stay there :-). It was a great day today, with a spin class in the morning with a substitute instructor. I think she was in her 20s and she reminded me of Vannie🤣. She just was such a happy, energetic bouncy young woman, I just kept laughing all the way through class thinking, if Vannie was a human that is who she would be🤣🤣🤣.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member

@19shmoo69 It's nice to meet you, Darren. I too am a coffee drinker, but I had to switch to cold brew for less acid. But I do love coffee. I would not worry about the weight gain; you'll get back at it soon.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @trooworld Your hike sounds fun, I love when couples exercise together like that.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you Teresa, sounds like you understand perfectly what I was feeling, you do so many amazing things with your church. So glad you're back on track and the day is beautiful.

@Cornanda Sounds like an awesome outdoorsy weekend, how fun. I'd love to see how your yard turns out.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations on staying soda free! Thirty Easter cards is amazing, wow!

@laurelfit57 How funny that the instructor reminded you of Vannie. She sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi everyone, happy Monday! I didn't know it was going to rain today, I think I looked outside and my smile turned to a frown but it was probably good for me to take it easy, I worked out and read. Not much new, have a great Tuesday!
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    username: Glombog
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (April):03/28 233.0 lb
    PW (Previous Weight): 04/04 232,6 lb
    CW (Current Weight): 04/04 231.9 lb

Loss total: 35.1 lb
    Loss this month: 1.1 lb
    Loss last week: 0.7 lb

Slow and steady wins the race they say. Slow progress last weeks BUT lost another cm in my waist so must be doing something right.

Easter week, so only working two and a half day. Got my workout in yesterday, and plan is actually to travel to work for the days off too..

Yesterday I went for a three hour walk in the forest with my three youngest after work. Lovely weather and we had a great time.

Got two large trees taken down before the weekend, so I've sorted the branches from the wood, but man I got a lot of work ahead of me..puh
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    We had a wonderful time celebrating my mother-in-love's birthday. She turned 80 and is in good health. It was touching as people payed tribute to her as the spoke on how much she means to them. We surprised her and I believe she will be talking about it for the rest of her life. o:)

I've been super busy and my eating is getting back on track. :) I will be resting today except I have one student to tutor. It's going to be a great day. Let's go get it y'all! B)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,935 Member
    My brother is meeting up with me on Thursday and we are going to ride the bike trail from Kennebunk. Not sure how far we will ride, as he only has about an hour. Maybe to Biddeford and back. I haven't seen him since before Christmas. It will be good to catch up.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @TeresaW1020 It was very scenic. I can't wait to smoke my hubby! Yeah, the strawberries were very good. We also make chicken jerky for the dog using the Foodi. Maggie would love that! ;) Yes, we always want to lose more than what we do lol never happy. :D

@Cornanda Thank you, it was a great weekend! I'm glad you had a great weekend, too, you deserve it. I'm glad you are doing okay, too. Hugs.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you. Here is a link to the strawberries but also other fruits, it was really good, the only tip I have is don't be afraid to put them back in for longer mine were not totally dried out: https://mumedibbles.com/ninja-foodi-dehydrator-recipes/ You are doing great with the no-soda, woo hoo! Are you feeling better depression-wise?

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 Yes, we were on a trail but yes, that was our view! I hope to outpace him lol. That's cute about the spin teacher being like Vannie and making you smile. :D

@Katmary71 It was fun! He totally just went for me, if it were him exercising alone, he'd just go on a fast-paced walk. :) I hope the rain didn't cause you too much pain.

@Glombog Congrats on the loss, woo hoo!

@askewcr I'm glad you had a good celebration with your MIL.

@micaroo4 I hope you enjoy the time with your brother.

Hi all. Eating, water, and tracking were all good yesterday. I'm doing really well. Hopefully, it will reflect on the scale tomorrow but if it doesn't, I know I did well.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • FushiaKat
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW: 161.4
    CW:160.6

Starting Weight 245. Lol I'm so over my PITY party and ready to stop feeding my inner pig. After all, "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but WORDS can never hurt me". Next week I WILL be in the 150's I promise myself and I'm worth it.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @katmary71 With all of the yardwork that you have been doing, maybe rain is a good thing? It also have good day for you to rest after you’re super busy day on Sunday!!

@glombog Congrats on the loss, both in weight and circumference! I’ll bet your kids loved being in the outdoors for a few hours when the weather is great! Are you planning on cutting up those trees?

@askewcr your mother-in-law‘s birthday sounds like it was truly lovely! So glad you are able to get your eating back on track, sometimes with a hectic schedule that is challenging!

@trooworld that’s great that you’re eating and water we’re on track yesterday!

@Fushiakat SO CLOSE!! Next week for sure!!

I did my Weight class this morning moved up the weights a little bit more :-) :-). I started out with 2 and 4 pound handweights, and 10 pound barbells. I am now up to 4, 6 and 8 pound handweights and 20 pound barbells. When I write it down, it doesn’t seem like a lot LOL. This class is intense and you are continually lifting weights for 55 minutes. By the end of class my arms were quivering and if he said to pulse the lunges one more time I was either going to drop or smack him🤣.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 198.2
    CW: 199.4
  • Katmary71
    @Glombog A walk in the forest sounds amazing. Sounds like you'll be getting a good workout with those trees.

@askewcr I'm glad you had a great celebration, I love that people are saying things now so she can hear them and feel the love surrounding her. Get it girl!

@micaroo4 Have a great time riding with your brother sounds fun!

@trooworld Good luck with the weigh in!

@FushiaKat I hope you reach your goal, you got this!

@laurelfit57 Congratulations on going up on weights, it's surprising how fast that happens although for arms was usually pretty slow for me. Sounds like an awesome class!

Hi everyone, I haven't been sleeping well so am not pushing myself too hard aside of my workout. I'd been hoping to get vacuuming done but after time in the yard I was beat. Next few days are rainy so time to pull out the long johns and bury my nose in my book. I'm reading a Sandra Brown I read a long time ago and brought home from the lending library. Have a great Wednesday!
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Suddenly got some days off unexpectedly from my second job, so I've got vacation from noon today and not back to work before tuesday.
    Decided that we should go visit my parents some days at their home and some at a vacation house. We haven't been there since summer (they've been here sometimes) so will be nice. So straight from work and on to a 7 hour drive.
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 233.4
  • trooworld
    @FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! You are doing great.

@laurelfit57 Thanks! What a great NSV you had, moving up in weights! Sounds like you are killing those exercise classes.

@Katmary71 Thanks! Enjoy your book.

@Glombog enjoy the time with your parents.

Hi all. I'm very happy about my loss this week, I worked hard for it. I'm a bit stressed over finances at the moment: I have to replace the windshield on my car and then yesterday, our freezer went out so we may need to replace the fridge. :(

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Cornanda I’m getting close to finishing the NBA book too. I’m sure I will have to go through it more than once to make things stick. The pig in this one is strong. ;) I’m really liking the FB group. There is some real honesty there that makes me comfortable sharing my struggles. What do you think? It’s nice to spruce up your yard. Our neighbor just had his tree removed from the front yard and it’s a hot mess. I’m hoping he plans to do something so I’m not living next to the worst house on the street. :D

@veganflyfe2012 Yayyy I’m glad you got the book and I look forward to discussing it! You are doing great on not having any soda. I can’t wait to get my card! :grin:

@laurelfit57 When you reach 135…and you will! What steps will you take to stay there? Will you give yourself a leeway of a few pounds either way? You should since weight can fluctuate so much. I believe maintaining is the hardest part of all. From what I’ve learned it basically looks like doing the same things that you do to lose the weight in the first place. Do you agree? :)

@trooworld Yayyy on your loss this week!! B) All that hiking around and watching what you eat has paid off! I’m sorry that your finances are taking such a big hit. Why do these things always come in waves? :/

Hi Team! Well, yesterday wasn’t the best. I had to take Joe to the hospital because he wasn’t able to urinate and that is not something to play around with. He has been feeling yucky for a few days and having all kinds of intestinal issues that I won’t go into here. We were at the hospital for a few hours and they sent us home with him wearing a catheter. :# Nothing showed up with their tests so it’s probably chemo-related. We go to the urologist in the morning to remove the cath and hopefully get some answers. Once I got him home, I went to the grocery store. I stopped at Starbucks for a caffeine boost and bought a pack of chocolate-covered almonds. They weren’t on my plan and that upset me. I did tell Joe about it and will do better today. The Never Binge Again talks about having a food plan that I create and stick to. I’m working on mine and the Starbucks trip proved to me that I have to revise my Never rules. Ugghhh stress!! Today, I have to go into the office since I didn’t get to go yesterday. I think I should first go work out. :|
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • FushiaKat
    edited April 2022
    @TeresaW1020 I hope Joe feels better soon. I'm wishing him some well-deserved good days to make up for all the crummy ones lately.

@trooworld Congrats on the LOSS, happy dance for you. I'm sorry about your car windshield needing replaced and your freezer. I wonder if Garage Ready freezers / fridges last longer in the house.

I agree that maintenance is doing what you do now with the added benefit of increasing your calories by 200 - 400 more a day, so learning to eat well now is the key to success. Learning what foods are higher in calories, what our triggers are and how to fit in eating low calorie while balancing the everyday stresses that life brings. Learning that if we get off track, to get back at it the very next day. Don't wait until we've gained 10 pounds. I'm giving myself a 10-pound range 5 up and 5 down, I really don't want to go below 135. My range is 135 - 145 aiming for 140 all the time. Plus, we can always go back to our weight loss calorie range if needed.

I have low calorie food list building in my head that if I eat a bit extra it won't matter one way or the other. Strawberries, oranges, bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, shrimp, most salsa's that I eat are only 10 calories for 2 tablespoons. I use chili Verde salsa for salad dressing on my shrimp salad. I'm slowly adding in new foods now, I was very strict for a long time. But there is so many good tasting low calorie foods that I don't need to think about the other junk.

I went to Sam's club yesterday and as soon as I walked out of the store, I ate a Big Strawberry. It might be bad of me but when I see a 200-pound woman putting Honey Buns in her cart, I think that's how I got to be over 200 pounds.....smh

I need some type of system for when I'm not functioning at my best that I read it and remember that I need to stay hydrated first. Maybe something taped to my computer monitor might help.
  • Katmary71
    @Glombog Enjoy your time off, have fun!

@trooworld How frustrating to have both things happen at once. I know from helping my brother appliances are pretty backed up too, hope you can get one soon.

@TeresaW1020 Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Joe, I hope the urologist is able to help. It's hard to stay on track when something stressful happens and you don't have your planned meals around. Let us know how it goes with Joe tomorrow.

@FushiaKat When you first said that about salsa I was going to say use it as dressing but you already discovered it, it's really good that way isn't it! I was dipping raw veggies in it for awhile too.

Hi gang, not feeling too hot with the storm coming in and am still flared up, I plan on taking it fairly easy tomorrow since it's going to be rainy. I'm at the 14 year mark from when I quit smoking for my back fusions (first surgery was a year ago tomorrow through the pelvis then surgery through the back two days later). That was the most miserable week in the hospital of my life going through withdrawals and my body overreacting to the hardware right away and being taken off my usual pain medication. I hope I never need another surgery like that. Not much else going on, have a great Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.