APRIL 2022 CHALLENGES -- 04/01 -- 04/30

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Good workout today. Treadmill - 45 minutes and upper body /abs - 40 minutes.

Paula that was so powerful. I was crying at the end. That teacher probably saved a lot of lives.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Paula, I will ask Sara. I'll let you know what she says.
    It got really hot today. Pat says to wait until summer hits then this will be the "cool time of year" !!!
    Worked out w/my trainer for 60 mins today.
    Tomorrow is Ronan's first soccer game...after two 30-minute practices. It will be very interesting to watch a bunch of 5 year old kids (boys and girls) play a game having no idea what they are supposed to do. Should be entertaining!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,848 Member
    Options
    Paula I really liked reading that teachers strategy. Every little bit helps. And I am excited you are going to lift some weights with us.

Road my bike tonight. Forgot to put my watch on my ankle.

Night all. I have exciting news but can't say until Tuesday. Driving me nuts

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    SHELLEY!!!!! WHAT? TUESDAY? YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!! EGADS!!! :#
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    SHELLEY!!!!! WHAT? TUESDAY? YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!! EGADS!!! :#
    Chris

It is killing me also. I can say it is part of my job and I am excited to do something I have never done before. So if I don't post Monday night it is because I am offline.

I worked out to KCM today with my friend. Then I ordered 6 new workout DVD's. Off of eBay. I bought 2 bodyflow workouts. I have bids on 2 others. And 4 bodypump ones. The bodyflow ones are a combination of yoga and stretching. Getting closer to being under 150 pounds again.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley...fine! I guess I'll wait until Tuesday...sigh... :s
    7.54 miles in 140 mins today. Beautiful outside!! B)
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oops forgot to log in yesterday. I did another BodyPump class. Then realized I needed a concealed carry for my duty weapon. So off to the store I went. There were literally hundreds to dig through to find the right one. No purple so had to settle for a black leather. 😤 ;)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Darn, Shelley! In certain light black can look purple, you know.
    60 min workout w/my trainer. She's out of town until next Monday. Going to see her Granddaughter in Utah.
    I have an Eye Doctor appt tomorrow. Don't know if I'll be walking or not. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    3/29 - 171.1
    3/31 - 168.8
    4/12 - 171.4
    APRIL goal - 165

Need to stop stress eating!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    April 30 goal weight: 174

03/31: 177.2
    04/01: 178.2
    04/05: 177.6
    04/12: 176.0
    04/19:
    04/26:
    04/30:

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Eye Doctor appt today. No walking. Cold and windy!!! Must go out there tomorrow.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Forgot to post the last two days. Monday: full body strength training - 60 minutes and treadmill - 45 minutes. Tuesday: 40 minutes upper body/abs workout and elliptical - 30 minutes.

Wednesday will be a rest day. I have an appointment for yearly eye exam and mom has a hair appointment. Also getting ready for family Easter dinner,

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Busy week. Derek has moved out and the cats & I are staying at his house while our septic tank is being repaired. It's also helping him and his Wampi (sweet little demon kitty) transition to have the rest of the family there with them in the new space. It's been stressful for the cats though; and that stresses me, so it's been an exhausting week.

I've been doing TRX sit-ups and a few 5# dumbbell reps and am stunned at how weak I am. I can't get up from a chair without rocking forward, or pushing off. And a few easy-peasy exercises are so friggin' difficult. Oh, m'gawd! Gonna continue with the TRX and dumbbells - even if it's only for a few minutes every day - and be hopeful the strength will return.

Baby steps.
    <3 to all.
    paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Did 5.60 miles in 101 mins today. Here's the thing, tho...I need to quit drinking so much coffee in the mornings I plan to walk...got 3 miles out and had to go hide in the bushes. :# Got home and had to make a b-line down the hall!! :o OMG!! It was terrible!! I was so glad no one was out on the trail today. :# Hope tomorrow is better. It would be nice if our parks had bathrooms but very, very few do. Very few.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Paula - you've got a lot going on! I call this "directionally correct." Not aiming for perfection, just forward momentum. Hang in there my friend.

I did get some walking in the past 2 days....it hit 80 yesterday here...crazy!

Did something to my back yesterday. Eek. I was going to do yoga last night, but didn't think I could bow so much with the back ache. May try tonight.

Working to reign in my eating....not that a holiday weekend won't be a challenge 🙃

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    So much to do so really quick workout. Lower body/abs - 40 minutes and treadmill - 30 minutes.

Hang in everyone as Karen said “forward momentum”…progress not perfection.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Chris,

Coffee does that to me too, but the buzz is worth it.

:p
    Paula

My weights are only 3# (not 5# as reported above) but I did 2dozen curls today and the burn felt good. :D
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Did a sunrise yoga class. ❤️ it....what a great way to start the day!

Did 30 min of lawn work also...

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Family dinner at my house Easter Sunday. My parents are so excited to see everyone. There will be 15-20 adults and 6-8 kids. Everyone is contributing towards dinner somy Mom and I don’t have to do as much. They actually volunteered so that told me how much everyone really wanted this dinner. It’s the first time we’ve all been together since last Father’s Day. My niece is bringing the newest family addition. Evan is 6 weeks old. He joins Elijah and Elias. We will have 4 generations in the house. I love it! 😊

Busy yesterday with house cleaning and grocery shopping. No PF. I’ll use my recumbent today and do an upper body/abs YouTube video.

Ladies have a wonderful weekend! ❤️

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula...agreed!!
    Karen...I am not an early-bird...altho I do have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready to p/u Ronan. I would much rather sleep until 9:00.
    Kathy...hope you have fun at dinner w/your family and friends.
    I did not walk today. Made a grocery order and waited for it...that's my excuse! We colored eggs w/the kids and Pete's mom then had dinner then came home. I'll walk to the post office tomorrow morning then hide eggs for Ronan.
    Chris