Practicing what I preach

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
Is it an easy thing to do? Oh he!! no. :) But I will be patient for the change. Instead of stressing about the 1.5# gain on the scale this morning, I will get tougher with the entering, measuring, weighing, etc. and I will stop making excuses to not jump on the treadmill. I will not fret that I overate *that* much in a week because I know I didn't. Maybe a little but certainly NOT 4500+ calories worth.

Losing weight/getting healthier is like life in general. There will always be ups and downs but if we keep persevering through, it will get better.

Replies

• marissabakescakes
    marissabakescakes Posts: 35 Member
    Hi Reenie! I wouldn't stress about a 1.5 pound weight gain. Maybe it's hormone fluctuation, build up of waste that hasn't been passed yet or a bit of extra sodium. Don't beat yourself up :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    You've got this and you know it!
    🀯🐹 management 😎 for the win!

BTW are you/were you ever at the 75lb+ to lose point?

If yes, come on over and hang out at the larger losers (no quitters here) sub forum group :wink:
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Hang in there!

I had a big bump on the scale last week...that came first, and then I spent the weekend in bed with a migraine and body aches! Weird, but I am assuming I had some inflammation happening as part of being unwell.
    Now (a week later) I am nearly back to where I was on the scale, and when I look back over a couple of months, I am definitely heading in the right direction overall. Or that's what I am telling myself!! It's slow progress, but still progress. All part of the amazing and mysterious world of scale fluctuations ;)
  • ReenieHJ
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    You've got this and you know it!
    🀯🐹 management 😎 for the win!

BTW are you/were you ever at the 75lb+ to lose point?

If yes, come on over and hang out at the larger losers (no quitters here) sub forum group :wink:

I was, way before I got lucky and found MFP. I was 85# over at one point. Now I am close to maintenance and, like many, am struggling to lose the last 6-7#. Up. Down. Up. Down. :) C'est la vie right?
  • PAV8888
    Set the path/preconditions, push it a little bit, but keep it fun and not time constrained. Don't let it overwhelm and color your accomplishments if whatever you're doing is still acting to prevent the most common (and unwanted) outcome: regain.

The more time spent at the lower weight the better the chances of staying there.

Even if all you end up accomplishing by your push to go down a bit more is to not regain, that is still a major victory and benefit because it adds protection to the 75lb win you've got in your bag.

And that first 75lb win is the one with most of the health and lifestyle implications.

So push, of course. But not to the detriment of the first 75.

🐹 wrangling is useful 😎

I'm not telling my 🐹s to eat less candy and cookies, oh no. Just that we should concentrate on eating 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰 - 🐰🐰🐰 - πŸ‡πŸ‡β­ 10+ bunnies πŸ™€ a day and get a ⭐ :lol:

A bunny 🐰 being 85g of veggies and fruits or 40g of dried, not an actual rabbit! πŸ‡ <-- this guy is a half bunnyπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜Ή
  • PAV8888
    You can absolutely help some of our MFPeops there!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»
    Ok. I admit it. I've gotten back to munching a bit of this and a bit of that, tracking calories less closely so am dreading my morning weigh-in today. BUT I've got a month and 10 days left until my flight leaves to visit with my 2 dds. That's kind of my goal ATM, to shape up(in the healthy eating mode). So this morning, I'll enter new stats and see where it takes me.

I absolutely refuse, while digging my heels in and stamping my feet on the floor, to let myself remain on the slippery slope.

Crossing my fingers and ignoring that evil side of me that keeps telling me 'just 1 bite, what's it gonna hurt?'

Have a great day/week all and get back to it after all the chocolate eggs are devoured!

You've got this Reenie . . . and in your heart, I think you know that. Go, you!
  • PAV8888
    I'm still waiting to see you post about how many bunnies you've eaten today! :wink:
  • ReenieHJ
    I'm still waiting to see you post about how many bunnies you've eaten today! :wink:

Haha, I saw that but need to read more about it. I did have 2 salads chock full of veggies, a handful of baby carrots and blueberries yesterday. Not great but definitely more rabbit food than I've been eating lately.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    5 bunnies a day keep the doctor away 😍

In fact some country guidelines are starting to officially agitate for WAY more bunnies!

It doesn't help that a bunny πŸ°πŸ‡πŸ‡ is variably defined

But as a quick example while 8-10 of "my" bunnies (85g of fresh/40g dried veg or fruit) used to be higher than most country recommendations, the recent Australian guidelines (for men my age) suggest 712.5g of veggies, legumes and fruits a day neatly turning my aspirational range into a base suggestion!

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/the-australian-dietary-guidelines
  • ReenieHJ
    Wow, that's a whole lotta bunnies!
  • PAV8888
    I bet you @AnnPT77 eats more bunnies than I do! :lol:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I bet you @AnnPT77 eats more bunnies than I do! :lol:

I figure if I can get 10 x 80g bunnies most days, I can maybe not only keep the doctor away, but annex his vacation chalet. πŸ˜‰

Also, as a volume eater, those vegetarian bunnies fill me up nicely. πŸ˜‹

Lummesome veggies, fruits!
  • ReenieHJ
    I've come to the conclusion losing weight is kind of like dealing with my cellphone. In a 'how the heck did that happen' sort of way.
    So, in the beginning of my 2 week slide back to bad habits, I started at 145.5, then the next week I jumped to 146.5, no biggie but then I was at 148.5 this past Monday so I 'got right back to it' and was at 144 this a.m.
    I'm not complaining and I know weight loss is not linear or predictable, but I was very surprised. I *know* it's not calorie related, or at least most of it, so maybe salt retention or my weight gain wasn't as bad as I had thought, or who knows.

Just a reminder for those who hit a plateau and start to get discouraged, it'll happen for you!! That whoosh you hear about. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Good grief. For all those that said weight loss isn't linear I'd be living proof. :)

I've been up and down so much the past couple of weeks and I can't really attribute it to what I've been eating. So last post I was 144, then 145, 146, and yesterday 143. I only weigh myself 1-2x a week.
    It just is what it is. :)