snacks

I am looking for healthy snacks that I can prep over the weekend. I'm hoping it can help me from grabbing something like a granola bar or a bowl of cereal. Any ideas?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    What do you like? I usually just grab a protein bar. These ones specifically, they taste like a candy bar.

q6qzoj9zrjq6.jpeg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Have an apple...no prep required.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Slice a banana into a blender, add 1/4 cup on unsweetened vanilla milk and blend, pour into a bowl and freeze. Taste just like banana ice-cream for @ 120 calories.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    Is there a reason that you don't want to grab a granola bar or bowl of cereal? Like...are you sick of those things, or they don't keep you satiated?

I keep all kinds of snacks that I like in my office and at home. Although I have Invisalign and have not really been a 'snacker' since then because I'd rather leave my trays in for the amount of time I should.

Snacks I like:

Fage yogurt, Duke's Shorty Sausages, beef jerky in general, seasons nuts (chili roasted pistachios, Sahale brand snack mixes, Chipotle-Clementine Cashews), any type of little cracker with Boursin/Laughing Cow/Babybel cheese, veggies/hummus, any fruit w/peanut butter.
  • AZAlyssa
    AZAlyssa Posts: 22 Member
    For me, snacks are most satisfying when they contain protein, so hard boiled eggs, baked tofu cubes, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, or chicken breast slices are easy options to pair with fruit or veggies for volume. Roasted chickpeas are easy to prep.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    Mmmm, snacks for me are planned, but are still pretty grab n go. Protein bars, quick homemade ice creams or yogurt puddings, cottage cheese and freshly cut berries. We like the Kirkland protein bars, and Nugo bars are a special treat. The chocolate mint are delicious.

I’d rather spend what little prep time I do invest on the meals themselves, since skipping a meal and grabbing dinner out or from fast food joints is what skewers my calories.

When I grill steaks Sundays, I always season and grill chicken breasts for salads, wraps, croissants etc to eat during the week. That’s about the extent of my meal prep unless I’m making a labor intensive recipe like lasagna.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,967 Member
    One I can make at home is crispy chickpeas. There are lots of ways to season them. I've used this recipe:

https://www.theleangreenbean.com/how-to-roast-chickpeas/

You can season them in lots of different ways, and there are lots of recipes on the web.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Yogurt and pre-cut-up red bell pepper strips.
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Yasso froyo. 150 calories
  • experimentofone
    experimentofone Posts: 28 Member
    I love cutting up a couple of apples - dashing cinnamon over them and having them ready in the fridge. I suggest a sweet/crisp apple like Ambrosia. :)
  • shippehnuts1994
    shippehnuts1994 Posts: 2 Member
    One thing thst always works for me is constantly keep fresh fruit in the house I know I love. Protein bars are good as well. You can get flavored granola. Rice cakes. Pudding that is low in sugar. A good meal replacement powder with powdered greens can help you put more vitamins within your body. Healthy yogurts. Pre made salad mixes. Buy snack pack zip blocks and fill them up with items. Hard boiled eggs is something I used to prep as well. There’s many different things. Recommendation, take some time and just research and right a list of items down. Then try those items of interest and see what works for you.