Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    I've been travelling in my motorhome for 3 months and lost 16lb while I've been away. Returned home and got a suitcase out full of "small clothes". Nearly every item I looked at and thought "that won't fit" but it did!!! The point being, I've realised I have a set image of myself .... I'm not seeing myself as a smaller person but here's the light bulb moment ... I also realise I don't see myself as a larger person when I'm carrying an extra 75lb! I think this is a big part of the reason I've lost and gained 75lb at least 4 times! Anyone got the same problem or maybe a solution?
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,940 Member
    I'm bummed. The rear brake cable on my bicycle seized up, and it will have to be replaced. I can't do the repair myself, and the earliest that I can get into the bike shop is May 25th.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 136
    CW: 135
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I know right? They do come in waves. Ugh. I'm so sorry about what happened to Joe, that must have been super scary. I hope it's just a side effect of the chemo. No, the chocolate-covered almonds were not on your plan but it could have been worse: you could have also gotten a pizza, some dessert, a bottle of wine, etc. I hope yesterday was better for you both. Hugs.

@FushiaKat Thank you. It's actually our refrigerator/freezer combo and the refrigerator part now went out too, so we have no refrigeration until the new one arrives on Saturday! :( I think a 10-lb range for maintenance is good, it's a nice, comfortable range.

@Katmary71 Thanks! Yes, we had a hard time finding one we liked (we ordered a new one because the fridge part went out now too) because everything is out of stock. Stupid COVID. :( I'm sorry you are in pain. I hope the rain goes away soon.

@fatfifties Congrats on fitting into the smaller clothing! Woo hoo! I also do not see myself as a larger person while I'm carrying this extra weight. Sometimes I catch my reflection in the mirror and see how heavy my legs look and it shocks me.

@micaroo4 Oh no, I'm sorry about that. Are you going to do an alternative exercise in the meantime?

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. The fridge part of the refrigerator went out in addition to the freezer so we just decided to replace the whole thing. I didn't sleep well on Tuesday night because I was so upset about all of this but last night, I slept better. I have a slight headache today, probably from the stress. Yesterday, I had all sorts of pains from stress: random stomach pains, pains in my chest...I'm sure it was all stress-related. I feel better today. I really need a day off to just hang out and chill. I'm taking half-day off tomorrow and half-day off on Monday (that will be to take care of the windshield).

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @laurelfit57 - every weight increase you make is progress. Good work! How hilarious that your instructor reminded you of Vanny! Maintenance in sight is very exciting.

@TeresaW1020 - So sorry to hear that Joe is having trouble again. Caregiving is hard work. Keeping you both in prayer and hoping you got some answers about the cath today. Yes, I do think the NBA Facebook is honest and supportive. It gives me confidence to tackle my issues when I know I'm not the only one struggling. And I told my pig to shut the *** up yesterday!

@FushiaKat - you are just killing it on working your plan and making it work for you. I've never been good at maintenance, but I would guess there will be some ups and downs and struggles until you settle in- it's good to start preparing now.

@trooworld - nice loss! Sorry that you are dealing with so much crappy stuff. Hang in there! I'm glad you are taking some time off.

@fatfifties - I do think I have body image issues. When I'm heavy, I don't notice and when I'm thinner, I focus on what is still fat. I'm working hard to see the true me and just deal with it.

@micaroo4 - So sorry to hear about your bike! What a bummer!

@GabiV125 - hey! You lost a pound!

@Katmary71 - I hope the weather changes and you feel better. How long is that wild cat staying with you?
    I'd put a picture of my yard, but right now it doesn't look like much. Things need to grow and bloom. We did find some interesting ginger plants. One is pine cone ginger- it has tall leaves and sprouts little red pinecones up from the ground. Apparently they have an oil in them that you can make shampoo out of, although I doubt we'll do that. We also got some curcuma ginger which has a lovely type of blossom and purple stripes on the leaves. However, one type of plant we bought was labeled deer resistant. It was in the ground 2 days before the deer started eating it. So now it's been moved. (I know it was them because they pooped in my yard!) The plant sale was all plants grown by our county master gardeners, so I trusted them. Now I'm concerned that some of the other plants may turn out to be a bust. Oh well.... the plant journey is always fun, no matter how it turns out.

Well, this week has been up and down. I got into some sweets I had in the freezer and today my scale is way up. This was on the day that I donated all of my dog's stuff. :( I got pretty sad. It has helped a lot that it's not around for me to look at every day. The mental health thing I am doing seems to be helping slowly, but surely. I was aware that I say negative things to myself, but not aware of how often and how much it drags me down. Now I can work on doing better with that. Weighing in tomorrow. Whatever happens, I will take it in stride. I'm already back on track.

Lisa

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @trooworld YAY on your weight loss!!
    So glad that you are feeling better, glad you are getting some time away from work, enjoy!

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry to hear that Joe is having a rough go of it. Chemo can be an amazing thing, but the side effects are definitely difficult to deal with. Sure thinking about you guys!
    I have actually done a lot of thinking about maintenance and I very much agree. My daughter (and son in law) used MFP about 3.5 years ago, after she had her second child. She has been in maintenance for about 2 years and is a wonderful example! I think I will try what she did. The first six months she still tracked every day, that way she figured out what she could safely go up to and maintain that. The next six months she tracked but not as carefully. To this day, she doesn’t typically track her food, but after a weekend like this one coming up where they do lots of visiting with lots of holiday meals, she will weigh herself, start tracking again until she is back to where she is comfortable. So I will start with that idea and go from there :-).

@Fushiakat what a great idea to have a list of foods that you can safely eat! It is challenging, when we are not functioning at our best to make the best choices, having some thing ready ahead of time is a great idea!

@Katmary71 wow! Good for you, 14 years is a long time! It sounds like your surgery was absolutely brutal, I am so sorry you had to go through such a tough time❤️

@fatfifties good for you that you lost 16 pounds while travelling in a motorhome! Sometimes it is hard to see ourselves as we really are. I think the only time I truly see myself is when I am looking at a picture.

@Gabiv125 congratulations on the loss!

@Cornanda if not a picture now, you will have to do it when things are starting to grow! Maybe they should have labelled that plant deer attraction LOL! You’re right, it is always so much fun to plant some new plants and see what happens. Aww, that must’ve been so tough to donate your pups things, they will now be ready to be loved by somebody else❤️. It really sounds like you are on your way up, I’m so glad, it is a journey ❤️❤️.

Yesterday was a busy day, it was my run around date for the month and then my cousin came over for dinner. She is going through a really rough time (her dad/my uncle is waiting for a spot in palliative care), so she did some cooking and baking to go along with supper, it was all totally delicious and I didn’t have the heart to say no. But it was just great to be able to be together.
    Today I got back on track, eating was good, did my 2 classes at the gym, got the rest of the groceries for Easter and finished getting the main floor ready. MFP tells me I earned 927 extra calories today! Hopefully that will make up a bit for last night and I am working towards some extras for Easter dinner😅
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Hi Team, my flare is getting better. Feeling more like my old self again. I had to buy new socks, nothing more annoying than socks that won't stay up. I thought it was just a bad sock, but after 4 days of my socks falling down, I could not take it anymore. I spent about $250 on new clothes so I still have some left for when I lose 21 more pounds. I'm having trouble with shoes, and I just might need to go to a shoe store. I have not tried to wear normal girly shoes since my surgery in both big toes. I bought a size 9.5 on amazon and they flopped up and down at the heel. I returned them.

This is my new favorite spice, since I have to eat low salt / no salt or feel bad. I had this on a few slices of tomato today and then I put it on my shrimp salad at lunch. It was delicious! I won't be missing salt much anymore, unless what I'm eating won't taste good with lemon and pepper too. How do they get it to taste like salt?
    lcxzhv9aozac.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @fatfifties Congratulations on the clothes fitting, that's awesome! Rock those cute clothes! It takes awhile for the mind to get used to it, a size up looks normal but a few sizes up it's hard to imagine being that big but being the current size seems weird, I went through that when I lost all of it and am now too.

@micaroo So sorry to hear about your bike! Can you get a new cable? If you're on NextDoor or neighborhood Facebook groups it's worth asking if someone could help you. I know my brother is great with repairs so I'm sure someone in your area may be.

@trooworld Hey I check the Freebie Alert app for giveaways hoping to get an organ (instrument) and there's a free fridge, come stay with me and we'll pick it up! I saw it and got excited thinking I found one for someone local and it was you, long drive and would be very expensive with CA gas! Glad you're feeling better today, it's stressful when things like that happen.

@Cornanda Those ginger plants sound really cool! I don't know much about ginger, I have one but it's just the grocery store ginger. Now I'm super curious! Sounds like you're doing well with sad circumstances, glad you're feeling strong.

@laurelfit57 Glad you were able to be there for your cousin, sounds like a fun time together despite what's going on. That's a lot of extra calories, woohoo!

Hi everyone, still flared up and it's raining so I've been in bed half the day and using my micro current machine. Cali goes home tomorrow, my cats have learned if they go near her they'll be chased or hissed at. They have a truce that she gets me in the family room and they get me in the bedroom though they keep challenging each other about it. Ironically when I was at the charity event I shook treats when I came in and all three came out of my room together so this is about me. Nice to be loved, right? Have a great Friday!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Someone was looking for the never binge again book but I can't find their post. You can download the book for free plus all the worksheets etc from here https://www.neverbingeagain.com/free-book/
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    Username: davidji82
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW:222.6
    CW:222.6
  • micaroo4
    @Katmary71 - that's a great idea you have about asking around to see if someone can fix it besides the repair shop. I'm going to call around to some other repair shops, but in the meantime I can send an email shout out to my neighbors to see if anyone can fix it for me if I buy the cable. I've never heard of NextDoor and I'm not much good at using Facebook, but I can ask around in my immediate neighborhood. There are at least 2 guys who ride bicycles regularly.
    @trooworld - The bike is not so much for exercise as it is for fun and for transportation. I've got plenty of exercise alternatives.

My brother and I decided to go to a quieter trail than the one we originally planned. The other one would have been fine for cycling, but not so much for walking. We hiked around Laudholm Farm, which is a nature preserve in Wells Maine. It's pretty flat but it's beautiful. The weather was not in our favor; it was cold damp and drizzling. We only walked about 2 miles, and then he took me out for a birthday brunch at the Maine Diner. Blueberry Pancake with real maple syrup!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 258
    CW: 256
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you! Yeah, I've had about enough of crappy stuff right now lol. I need this half-day off! I'm sure that was hard to donate his stuff. I'm glad you are working on the mental stuff, that's where real change happens!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I will! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your cousin. You are so consistent with your exercise, that is awesome!

@FushiaKat I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Where did you find this no salt seasoning? It looks good.

@Katmary71 LOL! Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, it is super stressful. I'm sorry you are still flared up. I hope it stops raining soon. I bet your cats will be glad that Cali goes home tomorrow. LOL yes, it is nice to be loved. :)

@fatfifties Thanks for the link.

@micaroo4 Oh bummer. I'm sorry you have to wait so long for the repair. Happy Birthday, that sounds like a nice birthday brunch!

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I'm so looking forward to getting off at noon today. I've got some errands to run but I might go for a walk as well. Eating was pretty good yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @FushiaKat I like giving yourself a weight range for maintenance. Having a lot of foods that you can go to without worry is a great idea too. And no one EVER became overweight by eating strawberries. :grin:

@Katmary71 I was a smoker for 23 years so congrats on your 14-year mark of quitting! I can only imagine how awful that surgery was for you. I hope your flare-up comes down soon! <3

@fatfifties I completely agree that we need to stop seeing ourselves as we were when we weighed more. I had lost almost 80 lbs and still so often will see myself as being that same obese woman. It might explain why I have so easily allowed myself to put some weight back on. Huge congrats on those smaller clothes fitting and for such a good light bulb moment. Keep reinforcing to yourself how great you look and what an amazing accomplishment you have done for yourself. :)

@micaroo4 that is a shame about your bike and that you have to wait so long to get it repaired. :/

@trooworld Yeah, you are right that I could have gone off the rails a lot more than chocolate-covered almonds. I should have bought wine instead! :grin: I’m so sorry that your fridge went out too. That is super stressful. Did you lose a lot of food? I hope you can find some rest and destress this weekend. <3

@Cornanda I think the same thing about the NBA group. This group and the new one are great places to find like-minded people who understand what we are going through. And we can be inspired by the ones who have caged their pig for good. :grin: I know it must have been so hard to have to get rid of your dog’s belongings. I’m so glad you are doing something to help your mental health. Hang in there, girlfriend! <3

@laurelfit57 That is a great plan for maintenance! The worst thing so many people do is get to their goal weight and think they are done so they return to what put the weight on in the first place. We have to really work on not letting that happen. You have so many good habits in place that I’m sure it won’t with you. I’m so sorry that your cousin is having to go through such a scary time with her dad. I didn’t even know what palliative care was until Joe got cancer and I kept seeing the word in FB groups. :/

Hi Team! Yesterday was a busy day which is why I didn’t get to check in. I took Joe to the urologist yesterday morning and we were sent back home with him wearing the catheter until Tuesday when the doctor will do a scope to check out things. They said from the x-rays they saw from his recent hospital visit that his bladder is having issues. And this is NOT related to his lung cancer. So yayyy another doctor and more issues for my poor husband. He is not a happy camper as you can well imagine. :/ Today is our Good Friday service at church and we are planning on attending which will be good for us both. My fasting and eating have been fair. I did eat two of Joe’s cookies yesterday before telling my pig NO and walking away. I ordered the workbook that goes with the Never Binge Again and plan to look it over this weekend and start on Monday. Have a good day!
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • Cornanda
    @laurelfit57 - I like those ideas about maintenance! Excellent! Sounds like you did well adjusting for your friend's visit and for Easter.

Thank you all once again for the support regarding my pooch. I appreciate it very much.

@FushiaKat - slippery socks are the worst! I'm glad you found a new spice you like. I've tried some different Mrs. Dash and didn't really care for them. And very glad your flare is getting better.

@Katmary71 - It needs to stop raining so you can feel better. And that's funny about the cat situation being all about you. The little stinkers are probably partying when you leave. Ginger is very easy to grow here- needs practically zero care. I thought it was just ornamental, but a quick google says all parts of the plant are edible!

@micaroo4 - sounds like a nice day with your brother.

@trooworld - that's good that you are doing well eating with no refrigerator! Enjoy your time off. Taking walks has greatly reduced my anxiety, so try to fit one in.

@TeresaW1020 - I'm hanging. :) You hang in there too. You've been on quite a roller coaster with Joe and I know how exhausting that can be.

Sister in law and husband arrive in about 2 weeks for a short visit. I'm excited. We always go a bit overboard in getting the house ready. We need that push to get things done! Been cleaning outside and in and getting the yard looking nice. I have an ambitious To Do list for today, so I'd better get to work!

Happy Easter and/or Happy Weekend to all!

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 167.5
    CW: 168.6

+1.1

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Such a beautiful day today. I've already been to the gym, straightened the house, and am washing now. Plan to take a drive out this afternoon and enjoy this day. Trying to find a red outfit to wear in a skit Sunday. I'm representing Jesus's blood. It's hard to find red this time of year but I have one more place to check. Everybody have the most amazing day an let's go get it! B)
  • micaroo4
    Username: Micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Sunday (weighing in early)
    Starting Weight 130.2
    PW: 130.0
    CW:130.4 (*bit of a birthday gain there)
    Maintaining 127-133, center weight 130
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Username: holly2e
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 131
    CW (Current Weight): 130.5
This discussion has been closed.